Accenture Management Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.2

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Two rounds. 1st round was behavioral, lady was very nice. 2nd round had two parts. A longer behavioral part which was more intense. And a case study part. They don't really talk to you during. Didn't give any feedback. Take your paper when you finish

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Management Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of an on-campus resume drop, then a first round interview about a week and a half later (1 hour behavioral). A few days later, you are notified if you have a second round which is then 2, 45-minute interviews (1 case and 1 behavioral).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the duties of this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Selected on campus to interview. First Round was a 60 minutes behavioral. Very conversational and focussed on handling difficult team settings. Final round was a 45 minute case + 45 minute behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview through an employee referral. I applied specifically for Federal Services.

The process consisted of a phone screening with a recruiter, an online assessment, phone behavioral interview with manager, in person case study with a manager and then a confirming interview (which was like another behavioral interview).The behavioral and case study interviews were in the same week. I received an offer the day after my confirming interview.

For the case study, they gave me a page long scenario that I had 10 minutes to read over and take notes. The manager then asked me to sum up the main issues the client faces in the case (rising revenue but decreasing profit, & attempting a merger after a failed attempt in the past). The manager really helps you stay on track and will guide you toward the right answer (such as: factors you need to consider in order to understand all facets of the root issue and how to move forward). Be sure to highlight any assumptions you're making and ask clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to balance work/school goals with personal goals?
      Tell me about a time you had to solve an ambiguous problem with little/no guidance? What steps did you take to solve it?
      Tell me about a team success story/failure?
      Why Accenture? What do you know about Accenture?
      What was your favorite class / why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through an expedited application process by attending a conference Accenture was recruiting at. First round interview took place at the conference in an interview booth and was a generic screening interview. I was asked behavioral interview questions such as: when was a time you had to complete a project with little or no direction, do you prefer to work individually or in a team, why Accenture, why consulting, etc.

A little over a week later I heard from a recruiter that I had moved onto the second and final round interview. Accenture flew me to Washington D.C. for the interview. I met with two managers, the first was my case interview and the second was another behavioral. Case interview really depends on your interviewer in my opinion, so I left that interview not sure if he was satisfied with my responses. The behavioral interview after that went well, my interviewer asked pretty general behavioral questions again such as: how do you teach something you know well to others that don't, when was a time you faced conflict when working on a project and how did you resolve it? when was a time you have to complete a project with little or no direction? What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting?

Found out a week later I did not get the position, but was not given feedback as to why not just told I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting? Do you prefer to work individually or with a team? Tell me about a time you had to complete a large project with little to no direction. How do you teach others something you know well? What was a time you were faced with a conflict and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time you failed, what happened.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself was pretty straightforward (I did on campus recruiting). First round was with an Accenture Manager and the second/final round was two back to back interviews with one being a case. My issue with the interview process isn't with the interviewers, but with how the follow up after the interview was presented. Accenture prided itself in getting back to everyone in a week, but instead, I received a phone call about how I had passed the interviews, but an offer may or may not be extended due to logistical recruiting issues. The recruiter promised me a final decision within another week – two weeks later, after some other candidates and I had emailed and called without any returned responses from the recruiter, we received a vague message about there not being enough spots "at this point in time". It would have been nice being told from the very beginning that it was unlikely we would receive an offer. Instead, I waited and was hopeful for three weeks, was given hope again, but that final time I thought better of it and decided to just take it as a rejection.

Accenture's people are certainly great, but HR needs a lot more work on following through on their promises – and of course, having more empathy for the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture?
      Other questions about experiences on the resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of one 1-hour behavioral (first round) and two 45-min behavioral and case (second round). In general, the people were helpful and responsive. However, two of my interviewers for my second round interviewer seemed cold and distant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward and consisted of two phases. The first phase was a behavioral interview/resume review followed by an online personality assessment which presented several cases where you had to pick one of two possible descriptions of yourself/actions you would take in a given situation. The second phase was a case study and another behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture? What do you know about Accenture? Why consulting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy - 1 behavior for first round, then 1 case and another behavioral for the final round. Interviewed on campus for both roles and then they flew us out for a sell day to try to get us to sign.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

First round: behavioral interviews. A lot of "tell me a time when." You interview with consultants from the local office, not necessarily people in Accenture Consulting.

Second and final round: one case interview with a consultant in the local office. Significant data dumping depending on the case. Last is a casual discussion with a local managing partner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to present an opinion that differed from the norm.   Answer Question