Accenture Management Consulting Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Management Consulting Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

the interview process was very structured. Had a direct point of contact for pre and post interview process. Overall a very good experience. The experience was much better than many other consulting companies

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX).

Interview

1. Apply Online, 2. Phone Screen with Recruiter, 3. Situationa/Experience interview with Sr. Manager, 4. Case Study with Sr. Manager, 5. Closing Interview with Managing Director (followed by a dinner).

Offers are contingent upon identifying a project for you day 1. If no project exists, be prepared to wait. Slow. Entire process took over 3 months from first contact to offer. Offer "sat with HR" for 2+ months despite recruiter constantly asking for "one more week". Lots of internal politics and HR/Business in-fighting gum up the process and make the company look petty. Communication from the recruiter was far below expectations with numerous weeks of unanswered emails and phone calls. Transparency into process is very poor. Company does a poor job of making you feel wanted throughout the process. I definitely felt like I was just a number on-call with Accenture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The process took less than 2 weeks from the first screening call. I applied for the job online at the company web site Careers tab. I had 2 phone interviews within 4 days, and then a day trip for 2 in-person interviews, the second with a Managing Director (the final decider). I'm an experienced hire - an offer was made within days of the interview visit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most challenging project. What was your role, what were the major challenges, and how did you handle them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Extremely efficient. My entire interview process was completed within 2.5 weeks.
    There were 4 rounds
    1. Interview with HR Person
    2. Situational/Behavioral Interview: They went deeper into a project and asked me how I behaved/reacted in situations
    3. Skills Interview: Again, went into a couple different projects but here the interview was focused more on what I accomplished
    4. Last round was with the MD.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to partner with a stakeholder and how did you go about doing that? (Situational Interview)   Answer Question

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online as an experienced Hire.

This is for experienced hires. A Accenture recuiter reached out to me by email to set-up a day and time to discuss my resume and the job opportunity I applied for (30 mins). The day the recuiter called we discussed my resume at a high level using probing questions about my previous projects, roles, and responsibilities. Questions to see if I would be a good fit for the opportunity I applied for. Be ready to give examples and how they relate to the opportunity you applied for. If this interview goes well then the recuiter will discuss next steps with you.

The second interview is a 1hr phone interview with a Senior Manager. This is a more indepth interview of your skill set. Drilled down into my resume and the previous projects I had managed. Questions around my responsibilities, how I managed my team, number of consultants I had managed on projects, lenght of projects, and results. Know how to bring your resume to life when discussing yourself using the STAR approach. This last for about 50mins then the last 10mins is your opportunity to ask your questions. Assuming you did well the person will let you know that they will be giving their results to the recuiter with the recommendation of moving you forward. This is a very intense interview.

The third interview is a behavioral interview that last an 1hr and is conducted by trained HR personnel by phone. Everyone hired at Accenture has to go through this interview to be considered for hire. This interview is to see if you can fit into the Accenture culture. There are a lot of "tell me about a time when....." "How did you handle........". Again it lasted for about 50mins with 10mins left for you to ask the interviewer questions. I really didn't get a lot of feed back from this one, just the results will be given to your recuiter. Since you can't see the person's face it's hard to tell how you did. If you pass this one then yay for you!

The fourth and final interview is with a EM in person. I had to fly out of state for mine. This interview is a little more laid back then the others. I was impressed that he had already read my resume and the feedback from the other interviews so he had precise questions he wanted me to discuss with him around my previous projects and management skills again using the STAR approach. A small case study nothing real big. Then the floor was open for me to ask my questions of him. I know this is said all the time, but be prepared with thought probing questions that would impress a EM!!

The interview lasted a little over an hour and he let me know then that he would be contacting my recruiter to extend me an offer! Which was great to hear because this was on a Friday so I didn't have to wait all weekend long wondering how I did!

Quick note: Accenture uses a 3rd party company to run your background check that operates overseas this can be a bit stenuous. I never had a background check take so long. However all is good!

Interview Questions

• What is your approach for giving results your client may not like hearing? How do you delivery sensitive information? What makes a good manager of a team?   1 Answer

Management Consulting Manager Interview

Interview

Case interview approach - you are not expecting to get the right answer. Instead, looking to see your thought process and approach to tackling real client scenarios. Do not get hung up on getting the right answer and make sure to ask your interviewer clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• If you client was the city of Chicago, what would you tell them if they asked whether or not they should host the Olympics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very detailed and behavioral. First was a phone interview then a face to face in their office. The whole process took about 90 days total. It was very professional and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in technology   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed for a senior manager role, but was brought in as a manager - this was disingenuos on their part, quite frankly, because I was placed in almost nothing but senior manager roles for my entire tenure with the company. On the up-side, I negotiated a salary that actually was a little better than what many senior managers were receiving.

The overall process was very professional.

Negotiation

It wasn't a big deal. I was already self employed and making quite a bit of money, so I had a good position to negotiate from. I gave them my compensation requirements, and they accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

There is a lot of planning that is required for this interview process. Know the company. Be clear about your value with the company. And, prepare a lot for the situation interview (Situation, Action, Business Outcome). Keep the situations as short and concise as possible.

Interview Questions

• In the situation interview I was asked to give details about how I manage a Project; assigned resources, tracked progress etc... The interviewer was looking for a lot of specifics   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

A series of four interviews with the HR, Hiring Manager, Interview with a Practice Manager, and Interview with a Project Manager. I did not have a face to face interview. However, the interviews were programmed to clear any doubts they have about the applicant's ability to perform on the job. It took 45 day from the first interview to a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's your consulting and project management experience ?   1 Answer