Accenture Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Management Consulting Senior Consultant

Accenture Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2010.

Interview

Do not understand what are they looking for. I guess some "consultant" traits that I do not have. I do not think experienced industry or job function knowledge is as valued as the client management skills......pretty sure that the client pays to solve the problems effectively and effciently rather than to be "managed".

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

1st Recruiter--first interview, after an initial, informal fit screen/discussion, with situational pretty standard judgement/behavioral competency questions. Female phone interviewer for Talent and Organizational Performance group based out of 954 area, Ft Lauderdale, very professional, informative, helpful friendly, Told me right then and there she was progressing me forward. Told me there were 4 workstreams (Change Mgt, Org Design/Talent Mgt, Learning and Collaboration, HR Transformation in the TOP practice) and various levels (experienced consultant, consulting mgr, consulting sr manager etc) for which they were actively recruiting and mid-reorg with a major focus i.e., TOP, dual major i.e., 1 of 4 workstreams, and a minor 1 of 8 industry areas, Apparently they do these interviews every Friday in different regional and city locations and you can interview in a city that wouldn't necessarily be your base. There were open positions posted on their career website, but after the process, I have a hankering that they are out there fishing for a pool of talent to keep "on hand" for need due to communicated growth.

2nd Interview--independent consultant female who used to work for Accenture in their Finance Org (yes, I said Finance for a TOP/Human Capital practice) who stated they contract her out for situational judgement/behavioral phone interviews. It was the most grueling nitpicky SJ/BC interview I have EVER participated in both as a candidate and and interviewer (I maintain recruiting experience). She was friendly and professional but repeatedly asked follow up questions I had already answered, in GREAT detail might I add, given I'm certified in TS (Targeted Selection) interviewing. After literally running out of detail, some of it made up due elaboration to her excessive probing, I began to answer with "I think I already answered that when I stated...xyz". Her follow up questions were at times repetitive and seemingly superfluous and as would be expected, never specific, always generic: what else did you say...did you convey anything else...is that all that happened, was anyone else involved, were there any other outcomes, were there any negative results etc. Super thorough, super annoying. See specific interview questions for detail.

3rd Interview--consulting manager or sr manager male phone interview out of Chicago office who didn't ask any SJ/BC questions. Super informal and friendly. Mostly a skills interview, reviewing work experience on my resume via job function, role and responsibilities. He reconfirmed the org structure but didn't know who and where was hiring or when and redirected me back to the recruiter, or on to the final interviews by stating he was recommending me to progress.

4th and 5th interviews--F2F interviews by 2 partners and senior executive males out of Chicago TOP practice and, I inferred, directly responsible for deciding if you are getting a job offer. Both professional, but one of an obvious higher caliber, appearance as well as impact and style. Both friendly but one even friendlier and more informal and personable (these are the ones to "beware of" because its easy to get "too relaxed".) One in the L&C work stream and the other in the Change workstream, minoring in (I gathered) telecommunications and gov industries respectively Mostly asked generic strength/weakness/preference/5 year development plan/direction questions. I got the distinct interview at this point that they weren't really assessing experience or skill, just "fit". And, turns out I was correct. I was sure I nailed the offer. Asked the 2nd one the final steps of the process. He indicated they circle back with the process stakeholder and discuss high potential candidates.

Followed up with the recruiter with some final questions I hadn't time to ask in person and sent expenses; sent thank you re-confirmations to the partners a few days after that. On receipt of one those emails, the recruiter (likely prompted by the recipient) emailed me indicating she had meant to follow up with me and had been busy. We scheduled a discussion time and when such ensued, she answered my final questions and sandwiched that although the feedback was all positive, that they would not be making an offer due to "better" fit and a very competitive candidate pool. When I probed further, I realized I wasn't just competing with others for open reqs, but that I was competing against an "unknown" fit standard that I didn't understand where I had "fallen short".

Overall the experience was professional, polite, friendly even but I'm baffled where and why I ultimately screened out.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you...problem sovling, managing conflict, prioritizing/work management, energy/stamina/initiative and one other I can't remember   1 Answer
    • detailed resume screen   1 Answer
    • generic questions: strengths, weaknesses, succession plans, motivations etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Interview experience/process did not meet my expectations for such a global brand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Chat with recruiter followed by 30min behavioral interview, then another 45min skills interview and 1h case interview with senior manager. All interviews were over the phone. everything was scheduled very fast. I had all three stages scheduled at once. skills and case interviews scheduled for the same day.

Interview Questions

• behavioral: share work experience from your past two years, examples of conflicts and how i resolved them
      skills: walk me through your resume..
      case: 4 big pharma companies want to develop global clinical trial management platform. should they do it?   1 Answer

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

One case interview, one behavioral interview

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture in December 2011.

Interview

An external recruiter set up a phone call with their recruiter and they did the initial phone screen. Then there was a skills phone interview with a sr manager in the segment. Behavioural interview that has basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses etc. A face to face with a partner within the segment.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt anything unexpected, typical ones, conflict resolution, strengths weaknesses. During the Partner interview, ther eis more depth about experience and specialty   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an offer lower than expected, they came back with 1K over my minimum but with a decent sign on bonus. stick to your guns if you are a n experience hire and have a min salary requirement

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by Accenture HR to discuss the role. The lady sent me a job specification for a 'Senior Consultant Financial Services' position. I have 3.5 years of core FS - Wealth Mgt experience and 5+ years working in Telecommunications across all BIG Banks and financial institutions. So the lady advised that my skills were a good match. Asked me
    - why accenture
    - why financial services
    - what do you want to achieve out of Accenture
    - what do i do in my current role
    - how are my skills relevant to Mgt Consulting
    Once I had answered all her questions, she advised that I had done well and I would be proceeding to Round 2. I asked the total timeline and was advised 4-5 weeks. Then I had no contact for 2 weeks and when I emailed to check status, I was advised that that interview team was extremely busy.
    The 2nd round was with a Senior Manager. Questions
    - STAR based questions explaining an end to end project which resulted in $$ improvements to the customer
    - what I expected out of my career
    - Why accenture
    - Granular detail about the project
    - difficult situation experienced
    I was advised by the interviewer that I had performed well and would be proceeding ahead. The third round was with another Senior Manager. Questions
    - Granular details about a successful project which saved the company $$
    - How did I sell the project to leadership and how did the implement the change in terms of empowering people to adapt to the new way of working
    the interviewer advised that he was happy with my performance and advised that I would be progressing to the next round with the MD.
    The recruiter called a week later to advised the same but also advised that the nominated MD was unwell and she was trying to identify another MD to interview me. Another week later a date was provided at short notice and I had to reschedule to Friday to allow some time to prepare. I was expecting a meet and greet as per all the research I had done. But the MD started grilling me on behavioral questions similar to what had already been asked. Other questions include
    - difficult situation experienced and how it was managed
    - what are the key growth factors in the FS industry
    - what constitutes as PROFIT in the FS industry
    - Details of a successful project, what was required, what was done and what was delivered
    At the end of the interview, I was advised that I had done well and the HR will be in touch. I left extremely satisfied. The final interview was on Friday, on the follwoing Wednesday I was called by the HR lady advising that the MD is on leave and will advise the feedback upon her return to work. I gave the HR lady a complement in lieu of her proactive feedback approach.
    Then I had no news for the following 10 days. It must be noted that we were 7 weeks into the process. On the Tuesday (2 full weeks + 2 days later) l was sent an email advising I did not possess sufficient FS experience.
    I was extremely disappointed that I had wasted 7.5 weeks in the whole interview process and this whole time, they could have advised me this without wasting my time. Also, the least the HR lady could have done is call and inform me that I have been unsuccessful but she was extremely unprofessional and she replied that she was about to call. She called and left a message without bothering to pick my call backs later stating that she had called to advise her mail.
    i realized that they had kept me as Option B / Option C should the first choice candidate decline the offer. I sent a mail to the HR advising that I had been trying to break into Accenture for 5 years, but after my interview experience, it would take a significantly BIG offer to convince me to work with them in the future or even recommend them to another candidate.
    My intention was to get core consulting & strategy experience for a few years to allow myself move up a couple of levels in the industry or even try to break into McKinsey / BAIN / BCG but moving forward I will NOT be applying to this firm any more. Absolutely unprofessional HR! Would definitely NOT recommend applying here for consulting. Best to try Delloitte / E&Y etc if you want to break into MBB or move 2 levels higher and need consulting / strategy experience as leverage.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the next stage of the FS industry and how will their profits evolve over the next few years. What can possibly be the SWOT for this?   Answer Question