Accenture Manager Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Accenture Manager Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Hired a long time ago 14 years, remember it being very structured with multiple tiers of interviews with various levels of the company. Required on your feet thinking and communication, values problem solving and listening skills.

Interview Questions

• Asked a number of hypothetical questions some of which were very abstract. Don't remember all the details.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen.
    Skills phone interview.
    In person interview with Partner and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

• When was a time there was a misunderstanding in expectations with a client and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Long 2 month process. Three separate interviews across practice including a behavioral interview. Recruiter was main point of contact and very helpful. Directed me through a series of interviews starting with mid-level managers to executive leadership.

Interview Questions

• Describe and walk through a situation where you had a conflict with a client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

First initial interview (phone) was with the recruiter who assessed if my skills and experiences fit the consulting manager position that they're looking for. The 2nd interview (phone) was with a senior manager who conducted the Situational Interview. It was challenging but very positive. The interviewer was very professional. The next day I heard the feedback from my recruiter. The 3rd interview (phone) was with another senior manager to assess my skills and knowledge. This was a fun interview for me as I was able to relate a lot of my experiences with the interviewer. We had a very good conversation and went overtime. They gave me the feedback the next morning that I'm moving on to the final interview. Final interview was a face-to-face meeting with a partner from the Chicago office. It was the best interview I've ever done. Very honest and it ended up more like a discussion than a Q&A session. I had the interview in the morning, and in the afternoon, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they would like to offer me the position. In all, a very positive experience. It moved very fast and was very organized.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project situation with an extremely tight deadline. and what you did to make sure that the project was delivered on time?   1 Answer
    • What is the most challenging situation you ever come up with in a project? How did you solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider that as an experienced hire, you are generally making more money than the people (at your level) who started their career in Accenture. So, leave a little bit of flexibility for negotiation. If you ask too much, generally, they will decline.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Multiple phone interview ( 4 or 5) and one face to face in Chicago. The interview was just the formality, once Accenture needs a role to be filled on a project, they bring any warm body to get the position filled. They just want to make you billable as quick as possible. The phone interviews were almost identical, tell me about yourself, tell me about your experience, do you have any questions. They could have recorded one interview and played it for the rest of the people involve in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my work experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

Very normal interview process. posted resume, got call from HR . Discussed high level requirements, placement options, locations etc. interview fixed for a month later. Three levels in chicago. first with a tech person who was familier with job requirements, there were some questions about past experience, skills etc.. nothing exhaustive.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

First, I had phone interview with the recruiter. She asked about my prior experience which was stated on my resume and prior salary. Then I attended face to face interview with 3 people separately. First person interviewed about behavioral questions, second person questioned on consulting skills, third person was partner who did the fit interview and gauge at what level he should take me.

Interview Questions

• Did you come across a under performing employee? If so, How did you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once they offered the job they mentioned salary. I asked for 5k more. Recruiter came back and said they can not increase the salary. They are kind of take or leave mentality.