Accenture Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

225 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Accenture had a Presentation and Networking event on campus. After some networking, I was invited to a dinner and improv event at a bar.

First Round Interview - there was a wine and dine dinner before hand to network with the interviewers. First round interview was entirely behavioral.

Second Round Interview - a 45 minute case on campus, followed by a 45 minute closer. This included mostly behavioral questions.

Received Offer. They accepted 10+ from university.
    Was invited to NYC for a wine and dine to convince the offers to join.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time you failed

2. Had to work with someone of a different background

3. Why Accenture?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first one was an hour behavioral, second was an hour case and an hour behavioral. Think they try to phase you during the case interview but as long as you don't get flustered its ok.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I went through campus recruiting. My first interview was one hour long and conducted by a manager. The manager who interviewed me opened with some housekeeping questions (military status, visa sponsorship, etc.) and then introduced her experience with Accenture. She then moved on to a string of behavioral questions before letting me end the interview with my questions for her.

I found it interesting how she asked me to make a final closing statement before I left the interviewing room. I thought I had done a solid job but unfortunately despite all of the research and prep I did I did not make it past this first round; I recommend that you (obviously) prepare for these interviews but also never underestimate how important uncontrolled factors are in this process (i.e. the chemistry between you and your interviewer).

Interview Questions

• Why Accenture?
      Why consulting?
      Tell me what you think a consultant does.
      Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle.
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict.
      Tell me about a time during which you effectively persuaded someone.
      Tell me about a time when you were given vague instructions/framework.
      What can you bring to Accenture that is unique?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round: 2 tests, 1 analysis - 2nd round: pm interview . tests involved iq tests and sql. Pm interview was based on cv-experience. all the tests were run on one day and some days later the interview followed.

Interview Questions

• How do i see myself fit in the role? how my previous experience would fit the job posting? what do i know abt accenture   Answer Question

Mobilization Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall, went fairly quickly, but helped that I was a rehire / "boomerang" and experience hire. I also knew some of the players because I had worked within the same group before, but in a different role.

Interview Questions

• What kind of mobilization / project management experience I had.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I was repetitively reached out by a recruiter from Cloud First practice over span of few months. I finally made up my mind to give it a try. I had two hour long phone screen with Sr. Managers they were both very nice and I enjoyed talking to them. Next thing was to do case study interview with two other Senior Managers they shared some instructions on how to do it on Skype Business account something that they new at adopting at. I reached out to the organizer about how it seems not to be working and asked her few questions about it. As not every user will have Skype for Business account unless one choose to use the one with their current employer. orgnaizer response was she is quite new to conducting case study interview via Skype for business and not sure what we can do apart from just doing it over phone in case it doesn't work that day. I mean Accenture is one of the big 4 consulting group and as a candidate one would expect a better response from their recruiting team. I did my case study interview the odd part of the interview was one Sr. manager had a call centre/ support background and he totally disregarded the fact that the discussion is about the over all saleforce implementation from Marketing cloud, Sales Cloud and Service cloud. I still dealt with his way of thinking and tailored my presentation. I was told by recruiter that they both liked me and would like to staff me on a project soon. Meantime, she would like me to talk to another Sr. manager and my interview again went really well. In all this time frame not only she drag the process really slow where her and I had 100 email exchanged but I invested substantial amount of time. She also mentioned that I am on top of her hiring list but all roles are on hold until early next year. ofcourse as expected no updates as of yet. lesson learned never bother to respond back to recruiter from Accenture or apply there. Positions remain in flux always and they make you go through this rigrous process. I work for a company that has salesforce implementation and Accenture was involved in earlier. I have a strong suspicion if they did all this to know about how my company uses salesforce and how they can propose for sale spitch to our company exec. but thats my assumption based on how they made me go through so many rounds and then decided to put all roles I was a perfect fit for on hold. Sounds so shady but who knows what the truth

Interview Questions

• Background, Salesforce Solution Architecture experience   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

We had a telephonic interview with the member of the recruitment team. It was a fairly straightforward get to know you types of interviews. It lasted for about ten minutes and they went through a standard list of questions. There weren't any surprises and it was a pleasant experience.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Accenture,NY. Interview went smoothly. Everyone was courteous, the questions were relevant and good and the overall process was easy to follow. There was 2 round of interview. First one was technical, asked about basic java concepts. Second round was HR round

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online and was contacted by internal recruiter for phone screen. After brief discussion she said she felt I was overqualified for the role I had applied for but said she wanted to pass along my resume to one of her colleagues. The next day I was contacted by another recruiter to schedule initial phone screen, followed by situational/behavioral interview (phone), case interview (Skype), and meetings with two Managing Directors (one by video conference, one in-person). Called and told they were going to back an offer a few hours after final interview, received official offer letter 2 days later.

Pros
    *Very efficient, entire process took about 2 weeks
    *Recruiter was responsive to questions and generally provided feedback on interviews within 24 hours
    *Interviewers all seemed well prepared and familiar with my resume

Cons
    *Refused to negotiate compensation. Initial offer was reasonable but presented as take it or leave it
    *Extensive background check and onboarding process resulted in 3 week lag between acceptance of offer and start date
    *Very little information provided about benefits when I pressed for details on things like cost of medical plans was told that would be covered at orientation

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had a difficult relationship with a co-worker   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Faced all interviews from screening, situational, skill based and finally closing interview. Finally was offered a role lower than what I applied for. Turned down the offer as I was not interested in joining a level lower than what I was already doing.

Interview Questions

• Situation when you did not agree with your manager.   1 Answer