Accenture Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.9

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I submitted an online application. I had a screening phone call, which went just fine (basic screening questions). I had a follow up interview with someone from the department I was interviewing for. My interviewer was brash and rude throughout the entire conversation, asking me very vague questions and then getting upset when I asked for clarification so I could provide a response. At one point, I even stared at my phone, trying to decide whether to just hang up or not. Nothing like this has ever happened to me in an interview. I was glad when it ended and genuinely happy when I did not advance to the next stage of interviews. I'm surprised the company allowed this individual to interview candidates, although I left the interview feeling like I had dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• "Do you even know what a programming language is?"   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in March 2016.

Interview

The process was easy after the application was submitted. Got through the phone interview only. But never got any response after that. They mentioned they would my details for record.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screening in March 2015, and was informed that they were moving forward. Then silence, dead silence until June when out of nowhere, they contacted my manager as a reference. I was obviously taken by surprise, and around a week later, they asked me to interview with the hiring manager. I accepted, and was told they would be moving forward, and promised me that progress would be a lot faster this time. Fast forward to September 2015. No updates. Last time I followed up was in August, and they informed me that they were still moving forward, with no available updates. Overall, it's been half a year so far being stuck in limbo with Accenture. Actually, no wait, today when I contacted them again, they told me the position was actually cancelled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with in-house HR team - Not knowledgable about the position. Interviewer may then forwards resume on to the hiring manager. No feedback on why candidate is rejected for moving on to F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know salary expectations. Would not move on if a specifc Number / range NOT given.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A third party recruiter receives your application and forwards you to one of Accenture's interviewers. This person manages and sees what you are fit for and recommends as well as coordinates the people you are going to speak to at Accenture. This person also shares salary information for the roles you have applied for and basic information about the company. Once understood what roles you are fitted for the Accenture recruiter sets an interview with someone in that position. Once interviewed the recruiter receives word again and tells you whether you are a good fit or not. The recruiter might get word from your interviewer you might be better suited for other roles and thus be forwarded for another interview to see if you are a good fit for a different role. Once everything is all set and done a final interview is done to finalize things and an official offer is given.

Interview Questions

• When faced with an impasse on a project what do you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hardly any negotiation about salary benefits. The most I can get was a sign on bonus.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Expect at least three to four interviews from the start of process to end. The initial interview is a recruiter call, next is the skills interview which is usually the hiring manager and or a technical team, then a behavioral interview and the last is with a managing director. The crucial ones are the skills and behavioral interviews. The MD interview is more about present ability, industry acumen and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation when you had to mitigate a risk without impact to schedule or cost.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated with the recruiter as the mediator

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had applied online a place I wasn't really interested in. This was to get started with the interview process. i was interviewed over the Phone. I was at work and interviewed in the parking lot. Not the best place for interview.

Interview Questions

• Change management, Resource leveling, Risk management, readiness to travel?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

Last October a recruiter from Accenture contacted me for a position for project manager within Media, Communication & Technology division. Within a week, she arranged a behavioral interview. It seems Accenture has a team of professionals for this type of interview. It was roughly an hour interview. It is challenging but fun interview. I passed it. They came skills interview. Interviewer was an experience professional in the field. He asked me questions regarding PM methodologies as well as situations. I passed this interview as well. The last one was conformation interview. It was with a higher management personal. Great interview. He expected me to ask him some questions. I had a great conversation. After 3 weeks, I heard that I had passed all the interviews. Unfortunately I had accepted another offer by that time.

Interview Questions

I had accepted another offer by that time. I wish I had waited.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process at this company involves series of phone interviews, beginning with an initial phone screen. Next are 2 skill assessment interviews. Essence is to determine where you fit best. If one aces aforementioned steps, he or she is invited for a final face-to-face/business case interview.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

3 interviews: situation interview; skills interview and executive interview. Very detailed however the interviewer made me feel so comfortable and that made the interview relaxing.

Interview Questions

• 3 part questions.. You should write down the key points that help me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No..good offer