Accenture Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

Accenture Interview Questions in Reston, VA

2.6

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied for the position through university career database via resume and transcript upload. Was invited for a resume breakdown and semi-behavioral interview, where they asked about the job and what I knew about the position and the company branch that I would be assigned to should I be given an offer. Was not invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in Systems Integration?   Answer Question
    • What exactly does a Systems Integration Analyst do, in your opinion?   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

1. I applied on Monster
    2. Recruiter contacted me from Georgia-went over my resume and my interest in Accenture
    3. Recruiter sets me up with a situational interview-questions are asked such as "Tell me about a time where you had to build credibility" and "tell me about a time when you had to do deep financial analyses". These are examples of situational questions. The interviewer stated I did well and that I will hear back from the recruiter
    4. The recruiter responds via email to me with positive feedback and set me up with the team (Analyst, Specialist, Mgr) that same week.
    5. The team couldnt make that week so we rescheduled for another week.
    6. Interview finally scheduled
    7. Interview was 1:1 with Analyst, Specialist, and Mgr. Analyst was pretty basic. She wants to get you to summarize what you know about the role so that you are ready for the next interview going forward. You can ask questions. Specialist had behavioral questions, such as "tell me about a time when you worked on a budget". Some responses from the Specialist I got was "excellent response". Mgr meeting is next to determine what you know about the company. The manager i interviewed with, you may have a good rapport. He/she asks questions about what you know about Accenture, and just a dissection of your resume. It also seems as if he/she is picking your brain at this point. I felt as if questions were deviating from the role. Overall I felt the interview process was good.
    8. Contacted by recruiter to give feedback. Ill just leave it at that lol..

Accenture seems to commonly choose people right out of college. As I looked around, i noticed people much younger than me at the Analyst level. That, and they start EVERYONE at an Analyst level so be ready to start off at 50k per annum and dont think about negotiating. Just be mindful of this, they recruit from college and if you are not from this range, you may not be a great cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you maintain profitability at a top end. How would you maintain profitability for your company at a low end?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

It was easy at first, but then the interviews became tricky. I feel that they base their interviews based on what they find in the behavioral interviews rather than the skills-based interviews. If they want you, they hire you immediately. If they don't, prepare to wait, and wait, and wait.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite course? Why?   1 Answer

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

spoke with a recruiter by phone about my resume, my experience, and the position as a CFM. I was then referred to the next steps of the interview process which was a situational phone interview and an in-person interview at the Reston office. The in-person interviews were scheduled first. I met with 5 Accenture employees-an analyst, a specialist, 2 managers, and a senior manager. Each interviewer asked about my knowledge about the company and what I know about the position as a CFM. I was also asked basic interview questions.
    The situational phone interview unfortunately was my downfall. I thought I did my best in answering the questions but the Accenture employee didn't like my answers even though I reiterated the same answers with the in-person interviewers. Advice: be very specific and supplement your answer with an example/experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you had to build credibility for a supervisor, boss, or co-worker? (one of the situational phone interview questions); Tell me a situation about a recent accomplishment ( be very detailed and explain how you accomplished it); Tell me a situation in which you accomplished a significant task in which you did not work with the people in your team   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

I first had a phone screening with a recruiter and was then scheduled for another phone interview which lasted for 1 hour. I made the final round and flew out to the office and met with 4 different people (from each stage of the position) and the total time at the office lasted 4 hours. The questions asked varied from behavioral to technical.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process was really interactive and there was a case during each of the three stages. The final round was an on-site visit with lunch, a presentation, and 2 final interviews. All of the interviewers were very friendly and personable. Overall, it was a great experience.

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

I'm applying for an experienced hire position and this was the first of the 3 interviews. It consisted of background information about the company and a discussion of my skills / experience as they applied to the job requirements. It was very informal and in this case lasted almost 2 hours. Typically they last about an hour. The next interview in the hiring process is the situational interview.

Interview Questions

• Translating my background and experience into examples that supported the requirements of the new job   Answer Question

Change Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Passed the initial screening, skills test (phone interviews) and got invited to the onsite final interviews in NYC. Met with two managers and everything went well. The next monday I got notified by the recruiter that they are starting the background check process with me, which is all a very good sign. Then two weeks with no response from the HR after I submitted the required documents. After I followed up with her twice, she finally called me back and said they were moving forward with another candidate. When I asked her for any feedback, she said she doesn't have any. I'm pretty sure it was because of my visa status (H1B), but I have shared the information with the recruiter from the very beginning, and they let me go through the entire process and decided not to go with it. So overall, I had a good experience with all the hiring managers, but the recruiter did a horrible job.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this department at Accenture?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for a consulting analyst position online. A recruiter emailed the following day requesting a follow up interview. The interview was okay and it lasted about an hour. We talked about my background and he wanted to make sure that I met the basic qualifications for the position. He talked about the interview process: 4 interviews total - first with recruiter, two at the site (one skills based, one with a manager), and one with a senior executive. If you make it to the senior executive interview, the job is yours to lose. He also talked about potential salary which made me uncomfortable. He gave me this long diatribe about how they would justify my salary. I didn't like this because I thought I would be pigeon holed into a certain salary. Either way, he told me that I was qualified and he would be forwarding my information on to the next series of interviews.

The second set of interviews was at the site in Reston. The interview day is called a "Career Invitational." I was there with lots of other people, and it was a little tense. Most of the other interviewers had flown in from around the country. I had two back to back interviews scheduled that day. My interviewer was late to the interview, and I was the only interviewee waiting around. The first was a technical skills assessment interview. I didn't really know how to prepare for this. My advice would be to know your resume in and out and how your skills match up to the job description. Have lots of examples (recent examples) of your work. I haven't done technical work in a number of years and I was interviewing for a technical position, so I think I was at a disadvantage. The questions weren't difficult, but I don't think I was really prepared. He asked about my technical background and he really wanted to know if I had done any technical work in the last two years. I tried to talk about my previous technical work, and my current transferable skills, but I just couldn't answer some of the questions. I didn't really feel good after this interview, but I had to stay positive because the second interview was right after this one. He gave me his card at the end of the interview.

The following interview was great. I immediately connected with the interviewer. He asked about my background, work ethic, and why I was interested in Accenture. I asked him lots of questions. He was engaging and friendly, but he was very honest about how demanding the position would be. The interview was very conversational. He told me that a committee would meet to review the outcome of all of the previous interviews and decide on whether they would offer a position. At the end, he told me that he would give a positive recommendation.

After leaving, I didn't have a good sense on whether they would hire me. A week or so after the interview I emailed the recruiter and the other interviewers. The recruiter told me that they were interested in hiring me, but wanted me to go through the entry level consulting group. He never explained what that meant. I'm writing this a month after he told me this, and I have yet to be contacted. I feel like they have left me hanging in this process because I've heard that they send you a letter with the outcome of the interview.

Interview Questions

• how is visual basic .net different from visual basic 6.0?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was pleasant and efficient overall. I was given a dedicated recruiter who was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating with my schedule. I first went through a screening call with that individual then a "skills interview" with a consultant that wasn't too difficult, but definitely direct with the skills. After that I was told I'd be flown in for an on-site interview at a close city. That consisted of meeting a manager in the particular group. Overall, a fine experience, but disorganized at chaotic at times with scheduling.