Accenture Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

Accenture used to use several rounds of interviews (I had 7). We've since cut the process down to 2-4 interviews. You generally meet with a screener (phone) and then 2-3 executives who would be in your functional or market leadership chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a boss who made a decision with which you disagreed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation :-)

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

A three step interview process after being reached out to via email. Applied through the career page.

First interview was to hear about my background and general personality (from what I could tell). Basic questions about my resume and previous experience. Was done by a recruiter over the phone and lasted 30 minutes max.

Second interview was the meat of the interview process. Asked about specific experiences, such as project management, dealing with troublesome coworkers, an example of a problem I encountered and what I did to overcome. Overall, the interviewer probed deeper than any other interviewer I had talked to. Made me recall past experiences and go into detail that I had never gone before. Note: be honest with your experiences, if they ask you about something you did in a situation you haven't done before, let them know you don't have an experience with that, but then give an example of something similar that highlights your abilities. Not sure the position of the interviewer, was conducted over the phone and lasted about 1.5 hours.

Third interview was an office visit. Consisted of a presentation led by 2 analysts and 2 consultants followed by one on one interviews with 2 different Senior Executives (one after the other). Was similar in style to second interview, but with many more chances to ask questions and connect with your interviewer. Presentation + Lunch + 2 interviews lasted about 4 hours.

First contact on 12/5/11, first phone interview 12/6/11, second phone interview 12/8/11, office visit 12/15/11, and offer on 12/16/11.

Interview Questions

• Not a specific question, but the depth and detail that each question probed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on your degree, they are quite solid on their initial offer.

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

Well managed, structured interview process consisting of initial phone interview, on-site panel interviews; one on one interview with hiring manager; and a personality screening consisting of a series of questions designed to indicate to Accenture management whether a candidate posesses certain qualitites that would make them a good fit in the position and Accenture culture (e.g., interpersonal skills, working style, leadership abilities, problem-solving, temperament, performance under pressure, etc).

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were required to make a difficult decision where you did not have a clear set of guidelines / policies on how to deal with that decision. What was the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • What’s the most complex project you’ve had to organize? Describe the project and what you did to organize it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were confronted by extremely tight deadlines to get something done, What happened and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you disagreed with the decision of a superior, and how did you handle that situation. Describe the situation, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

I had a choice between two offers and declined Accenture because... have you ever seen George Clooney in the movie, "Up In the Air?"

That is what I'm told life is like at the Accentures of the world.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Mainly a behavioral interview consisting of about an hour of discussion and question and answer. Be ready to give examples abut yourself and what you have done. Practice speech and behavioral flaws. Do not say like, uh, or look away. Keep good eye contact and speak slowly and confidently and it will serve you well.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume through on campus recruiting. Many candidates were selected, so Accenture took over our career center for a Thursday and just had conversational screening interviews. Received feedback that very day and was asked to return tomorrow for an one hour behavioral interview. For the first 30 minutes, my interviewer was acted cold and intimidating and asked difficult questions about how I react to different circumstances. After the 30 minutes were up, she became a different person and we had a nice conversation for the remainder of the process.

Within a week, I received a call back to go to the closest office location where we were served lunch while give a presentation on ACN propaganda and concluded with 2 30-minute interviews. The final of which was with a Partner of the firm where he basically said that his job is to convince me that I want to work for ACN :-)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty quick. Had a phone interview, then in person interviews a few weeks later, and an offer about 2+ weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not particularly difficult. Be prepared to walk the interviewer through your experience and be able to explain how it related to what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary offer was very generous.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

Very structures process. Screening interview; Behavioral interview (or 2); Office visit (behavioral or technical interview). Accenture has a good understanding of the competencies that make people successful, and they look for previous experience in demonstrating those competencies.

Interview Questions

• Time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client. How did you handle it, what did YOU do.   2 Answers

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA).

Interview

Very consistent interview process. Round 1 was an HR Phone Screen - 10 minute brief on company. Round 2 was a Behaviorial Interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Also had a separate case study interview - 1 case study (only applicants to MC/Strategy receive this segment of the interview).

Round 3 was an on-site Superday consisting of learning about the company, meeting other recruits and having 2 separate interviews with Senior Management Team Memers

Interview Questions

• I was unprepared for the case study question asked in Round 2   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate location but was refused quickly.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The first interview was a basic dissection of my resume by a recruiter. The second was a situational interview that lasted for 1 hour and was very in depth. The third and final round consisted of 4 interviews....the first with 2 current CFM's, the second with a specialist, the third with a manager, and the fourth with the head of the CFM program. All of the interviews from the final round except the specialist interview was just casual talking about Accenture....no one really referenced my resume in this round....Know about the company, why you want to work there, and read about current news.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online for a management consulting position, was contacted ~3 months later asking whether I had any interest in Systems Integration as an alternative. Had three rounds of interviews-- initial phone screen (typical personality / fit type questions), a second situational interview (tell me about a time when...) and a third in-person interview which was a mix of the two (but a lot less formal than the second round). From what I've heard, if you make it to the in-person, you're virtually in. In terms of culture, everyone I spoke to seemed extremely nice and was more than willing to answer my questions / help me out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Position wasn't in line with my interests (I was more interested in management consulting), plus the location was non-negotiable, and I am looking to stay in NYC.