Accenture Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

2 on campus interviews then one in the main office. This was all done in 2001, so I can't really say what happens now. They moved quickly and were the most responsive of any place I interviewed.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

Submitted my resume through on campus recruiting. Many candidates were selected, so Accenture took over our career center for a Thursday and just had conversational screening interviews. Received feedback that very day and was asked to return tomorrow for an one hour behavioral interview. For the first 30 minutes, my interviewer was acted cold and intimidating and asked difficult questions about how I react to different circumstances. After the 30 minutes were up, she became a different person and we had a nice conversation for the remainder of the process.

Within a week, I received a call back to go to the closest office location where we were served lunch while give a presentation on ACN propaganda and concluded with 2 30-minute interviews. The final of which was with a Partner of the firm where he basically said that his job is to convince me that I want to work for ACN :-)

Recruiting Support Role At Client Site Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Recruiter called to verify some information and then set up an in person interview at company site. Arrived for 1 on 1 interview, moved to phone interview/ skill interview and finished with a Senior Exec close out interview. Normal work history questions about teamwork and attention to details. Was asked about my leadership experience about mid way thru interview after the person started to really read my resume in front of me. Was told of another position opening and if I might consider it beside the one I was looking for.

Negotiation

Applied for one position but was offered the team lead position instead. Surprised by offer as it was 20 grand more then expecting. Probably made a negotiation mistake by showing my surprise of the offer. Should of held out for another 5 grand. But the first year base pay bump of 7 percent helped later.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty quick. Had a phone interview, then in person interviews a few weeks later, and an offer about 2+ weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not particularly difficult. Be prepared to walk the interviewer through your experience and be able to explain how it related to what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary offer was very generous.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

at my level ...very involved managing partners

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

Very structures process. Screening interview; Behavioral interview (or 2); Office visit (behavioral or technical interview). Accenture has a good understanding of the competencies that make people successful, and they look for previous experience in demonstrating those competencies.

Interview Questions

• Time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or client. How did you handle it, what did YOU do.   2 Answers

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA).

Interview

Very consistent interview process. Round 1 was an HR Phone Screen - 10 minute brief on company. Round 2 was a Behaviorial Interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Also had a separate case study interview - 1 case study (only applicants to MC/Strategy receive this segment of the interview).

Round 3 was an on-site Superday consisting of learning about the company, meeting other recruits and having 2 separate interviews with Senior Management Team Memers

Interview Questions

• I was unprepared for the case study question asked in Round 2   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate location but was refused quickly.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

Accenture used to use several rounds of interviews (I had 7). We've since cut the process down to 2-4 interviews. You generally meet with a screener (phone) and then 2-3 executives who would be in your functional or market leadership chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a boss who made a decision with which you disagreed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation :-)

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

A three step interview process after being reached out to via email. Applied through the career page.

First interview was to hear about my background and general personality (from what I could tell). Basic questions about my resume and previous experience. Was done by a recruiter over the phone and lasted 30 minutes max.

Second interview was the meat of the interview process. Asked about specific experiences, such as project management, dealing with troublesome coworkers, an example of a problem I encountered and what I did to overcome. Overall, the interviewer probed deeper than any other interviewer I had talked to. Made me recall past experiences and go into detail that I had never gone before. Note: be honest with your experiences, if they ask you about something you did in a situation you haven't done before, let them know you don't have an experience with that, but then give an example of something similar that highlights your abilities. Not sure the position of the interviewer, was conducted over the phone and lasted about 1.5 hours.

Third interview was an office visit. Consisted of a presentation led by 2 analysts and 2 consultants followed by one on one interviews with 2 different Senior Executives (one after the other). Was similar in style to second interview, but with many more chances to ask questions and connect with your interviewer. Presentation + Lunch + 2 interviews lasted about 4 hours.

First contact on 12/5/11, first phone interview 12/6/11, second phone interview 12/8/11, office visit 12/15/11, and offer on 12/16/11.

Interview Questions

• Not a specific question, but the depth and detail that each question probed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Based on your degree, they are quite solid on their initial offer.

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The first interview was a basic dissection of my resume by a recruiter. The second was a situational interview that lasted for 1 hour and was very in depth. The third and final round consisted of 4 interviews....the first with 2 current CFM's, the second with a specialist, the third with a manager, and the fourth with the head of the CFM program. All of the interviews from the final round except the specialist interview was just casual talking about Accenture....no one really referenced my resume in this round....Know about the company, why you want to work there, and read about current news.