Accenture Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

109 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone screening interview, and then 2 interviews in person. The in person interviews were a case interview and a behavioral interview. The interviews were performed by managers and senior managers. I talked to 3 people in total.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

After the resume drop I was invited for a one hour first round interview. Between then time I found out and the interview, I was assigned a buddy that answered any questions I had. The whole interview was behavioral even though I expected a case and mainly consisted of me walking through each point on my resume. There were some situational questions at the end but ultimately pretty relaxed environment as the interviewer was relaxed. Thought I did well and was receiving good feedback from the interview as I answered questions but I guess not.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

The whole hiring process consisted of one phone interview of 30 minutes and two onsite interviews to review work samples from my portfolio and meet key team members with leadership positions within the group I was going to be part of. Dates and times were coordinated by Staff Agency.

Offices in Redwood City are modern with an entrepreneurial feeling. Most of the time empty since many people work from home. All kind of snacks, fruits and coffee available. People are friendly in general.

Interview Questions

• What are the design tools you use to create and communicate your design ideas?   1 Answer
    • Are you open to design criticism from different members of a project?   1 Answer
    • How flexible are you travel both domestic and international?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I got what I asked for in terms of compensation through the staff agency representing me for the position I applied. Be upfront with your salary expectations and travel availability.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Redwood City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first was an informal conversation with the recruiter to assess wether I should move on to the "technical interview". I write technical in quotes, because It was probably the least technical interview I've had and I don't say that in a bad way. I prepared like crazy, but was shocked that we had more of a conversation about past projects and choices I've made in those projects. I would defend or elaborate about what I do different. The third interview was an onsite interview with my manager and who seemed to be trying to get a feel for how I would get along with the rest of the team. We barely discussed code and after a small discussion and tour he made me a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently with [angular] app if you were building it now?   1 Answer

Consulting Interview

Application

Interview

First round interview on campus - behavioral. Very chill.
    Second round interviews in their SF office. One case, one behavioral. My case interviewer was sick or had allergies or something but he was incredibly sleepy/tired/boring. Somewhat unprofessional, but he seemed sick so maybe that explains it. Second interviewer was bright, intelligent, well accomplished (grad school, mechanical engineering, stanford), a bit cocky. He was much more engaging.

The case was different that the typical case-prep cases. No calculations, mostly logical deduction and organization. Not interview-led (not very conversational). You were given a sheet of paper with the details of the case, 10 minutes to analyze it and then provide your analysis and summarized takeaways.

You'll have to do a background check before starting work.
    Also they make you take a personality test.

Interview Questions

• - Time you had to implement something new
      - Time you had to learn something completely novel   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

4 different interviews that focused on various soft and hard skills. There were 3 phone screens that tested my skills and personality as well as a final in-person interview with two Managing Directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult co-worker. What did you do to work through your differences?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting to both Strategy and Management Consulting. My interview track was for Strategy.

First round was one case and one behavioral, 45 minutes each. Second round was the same.

Both cases were interviewee led, which made them difficult for me personally. They also didn't require much math at all, and calculations weren't much of a focus. In fact, I stumbled on the only math problem in the entire second round interview and still got the offer somehow.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email and asked to apply online for a specific position. Later, on the phone I asked how they had found my resume and was told that it was from Monster. I hadn't placed my resume on Monster and still haven't. Thought this was worth mentioning. I was then called by an employee of Accenture in Canada about the position I applied for in California and asked stereotypical placement questions that were not at all technical and then asked to complete an online test about Java. The information I was given was somewhat misleading. The link to a video about the test implied I would be asked to answer questions with a mic and a webcam, which were not at all utilized. Half of the questions were unrelated to Java but still technical. For example, typical Linux commands. All of the questions were multiple choice and individually timed. Each question was allotted about thirty seconds with a few longer questions getting slightly more time and a few others getting less. After completing a question you had as long as you desired to click the button to show the next question, which also starts the next timer. It took me about twenty minutes over all. After completing the test I confirmed via email that it was finished and then literally never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you willing to move to the job location?   1 Answer

Javascript Diagnostics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was referred by an employee. I sped through the interview process surprisingly fast.

3 rounds: 1 Behavioral, 1 Technical, 1 with MD

Received positive feedback from all 3 interviews at which point they put me through the background check while I waited for an offer. Days turned into weeks and weeks into months (2) and I finally got an email from the recruiter saying they were no longer hiring for the position.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process consisted of one 1-hour behavioral (first round) and two 45-min behavioral and case (second round). In general, the people were helpful and responsive. However, two of my interviewers for my second round interviewer seemed cold and distant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team to achieve a common goal.   Answer Question