Accenture Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I had a brief (25 min) phone screen with a recruiter. At the end of the call, I was told a Situational/Behavioral Interview would be set up soon.

The Situational interview ended up being around an hour long and consisted of 4 different questions, which we went very in-depth into. Again, at the end of the call I was told that they would be setting up the third round interview, the Skills interview.

The Skills interview (1 hr long) was technical but not overly so - they don't expect you to know a ton about an industry you haven't worked in before. The last 25 minutes or so were left for time for me to ask the interviewer questions.

The fourth round was an on-site interview with 2 managers. They made it a relaxing and positive experience. While the questions were quite technical, they made it more like a conversation. I had a very positive interview experience.

I was verbally told I had an offer within a few days and then the offer approval process took several weeks. I did a small amount of negotiating and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a challenging project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Three stage
    1] First there will be approximate 30 min telephonic technical interview
    2] If you make through in stage one then there will be face to face technical interview
    3] Third will be HR or Managerial kind interview , ask some general questions.

Interview Questions

• 1] Technical 2] Previous experience 3] Value added to previous company 4] Long term/ short term career plan   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

You start with an HR interview, then you speak to a manager. Then, once you've cleared those, you have a technical interview. I really studied for it, but it was more situational and philosophical approach oriented, than nuts and bolts questions. Once you've passed them, and you're doing a confirmation interview, that's pretty much it. The confirmation is mostly to see if you present the correct image and don't fall apart at the end. From start to finish, I think it was a 3 week process.

The interview questions ask specifically about how you've impacted projects in the past, so sit down and really think that through. Write it down. Practice delivering it. Don't worry about 'tooting your own horn' or thinking in terms of a team. The assumption is that we all work in teams, what they want to know is if you can identify positive actions and know how they positively impact a project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to mediate a disagreement between two team members.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a number, and since I had another offer, I was able to leverage an additional $5,000. They might also have a hiring bonus available.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA).

Interview

Round 1. Phone Interview with recruiter (30 Mins). Behavioral and background questions. Very straight forward, I got asked things like why did I want to leave my current job, why Accenture, Tell me about your time in college, etc.
    Round 2. Phone call with HR Manager (1 hour). Fit and behavioral questions. Got a few scenarios and how I would address them such as if I have had an issue with a manager or how to tell someone more experienced they are doing something wrong.
    Round 3. Orientation at the office and interview with 2 managers. Some case questions plus behavioral. I hear that if you make it to this point you pretty much have to be a nut job to get an offer.

Round 3 was Friday. I got an offer on Monday and negotiated via email. I got a little fancy and sent a detailed report explaining why I deserved 10k more in base and a little more bonus with graphs and demographic information. It was probably overkill. The recruiter replied with a sarcastic praise for all my efforts and raised the offer by 3k and said she simply couldn't go higher because it was the max for my level. She did not raise the bonus. I accepted and the start date was 1.5 months later.

Interview Questions

• Every question was straight forward. Nothing stood out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated via email and got 3k more.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with Accenture regarding opportunities with their People and Change group. I had an initial screen with the recruiter on a Monday (general overview), the phone interview on Wed (case), and the Final interview on Friday (personality interview, case). On Friday I was told I would be moving forward and to be prepared for a verbal offer. That following Monday, I recieved my verbal. After accepting the offer, I went through a background check through HireRight. Very straightforward - you give them the information, they call the numbers. Pretty painless. Two days after starting the background check, I recieved my written offer which I accepted.

Honestly, the best interviewing experience I have ever been through. Very fast, very professional.

Interview Questions

• The entire intervew process was cake. Have questions prepared. I had 15 questions ready to ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus. Always negotiate. The worst they can say is no. Trust me, you're not breaking their bank. The house always wins.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an employee referral so they are required to reply in a timely manor. After I applied it took about a week for them to contact me to set up a screening interview. I told the recruiter during the screening interview that I had been talking to other employers so they sped the process up for me and I had the next two interviews (behavioral and skills) a few days after. Mine were on the same day which was pretty exhausting so if you can avoid doing that I would. Once I found out I had passed those the confirming interview was the next week, so the entire interview process took a total of 8 days. I found out I passed the confirming interview within hours. BE SURE TO SEND FOLLOW UP EMAILS FOR EACH PROCESS!!! If you do not have emails ask the recruiter to forward them for you.

After the interviews there was a lot of back and fourth with my recruiter about "next steps", setting up negotiation, preparing for background check, etc. This took about two weeks but the background check only took 2 days once they finally started it. It will go fast if you inform all of your employee references- I was told confirming information with them is usually the reason for a background check to take awhile.

The entire process was lengthy but there were no tricks.

Interview Questions

• Screening (phone): Nothing unexpected. Have a lot of questions prepared. My experience was more of a conversation.

Behavioral (phone): The HR person I interviewed with was incredibly nice. I was asked about 4 question (I was told they were catered to my position and previous experience).
      -How did you build a relationship with someone you have worked with?
      -Tell me about a time you had a conflict in regard to a work situation.
      -Tell me about a specific incidence in which you felt stressed at work.
      I can't remember the last one.

Skills (phone): Again, it was more of a conversation. A department manager and I just did a run-through of my resume and she had some specific questions. There were no curveballs, the most difficult questions were "what inspires you?" and "tell me about a time you had to defend your work."

Confirming (in person): If you make it to this point you are pretty much in. My experience was super casual (but don't assume yours will be). Be prepared to answer questions like "what do you value most in a career?" "why accenture?" and "what type of environments do you work best in?" Most likely they already know you have answered similar questions with the recruiter in the screening interview but want to know that you carry yourself well in "stressful" situations. If you cannot handle a face-to-face interview how can they be sure you can handle client meetings?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Mine wasn't much of a process because up front they told me they would offer me what I asked. I now know I low-balled myself so make sure you do your research and understand the title of the position you are applying for.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in August 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interview one by telephonic in this round they tested my programming skills and the next round face to face there they tested my communication skills and abilty to understand the requirement .

Interview Questions

• Related to my proggimg skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

i negiotated for my salary reduced my rate a bit less compared to my expectations

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen interview(Round 1)- Basic walk me through your resume make sure this isn't a crazy person or underqualified person
    1:1 phone interview(Round 2)- Basic tell me about your strengths weaknesses etc etc
    1:1 phone interview(Round 3)- Case study, super simple logic. Company x is currently supplying y to z companies, this is the system they use now, how would you improve it? What would the advantages to your strategy be? (This interview gets you hired into the company)
    1:1 phone interview(Round 4)- Confirming qualifications for the specific role I was hired into
    1:1 In person interview- Making sure i'm a fit for the office. very straightforward, talked about football the whole time, minimal discussion about my actual resume etc. (This interview gets you the pay check)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for 2k more a year and from 0 signing bonus to 5k signing bonus.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Brussels (Belgium)) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy and responsive, they value you, difficult technical round, must prepare well for each the rounds specifically for the technical or manager round. HR and director are as expected. They kept in touch all along and kept updating about each part of the process, the kinds of projects that one will have and how the work day would look like.

They value the employee and give a good overall package including a few standard benefits.

Interview Questions

• About the technology, about the company, why accenture, why you, details about the degrees   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position in corporate functions (not a consulting role). A week after submitting my application I got a call from a recruiter based in Texas, US, to set up a phone interview. We agreed on a date/time but they never sent me an email about it.

The phone interview lasted about 40 mins, the questions were fairly straightforward. The recruiter explained the role & team composition, and I had a chance to ask my questions.

About a week later I got another call saying that I wasn't selected for the next round (in-person interview). Apparently there are 3 rounds total, including the phone interview I had.

The process was simple but I had expected some form of written communication to confirm the date/time, or the result. Maybe they follow this process to avoid being inundated with emails from candidates!

Interview Questions

• What are key characteristics for a person in the role you're applying to?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced a conflict with one of your peers.   Answer Question