Accenture Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2014.

Interview

The interview's were fairly straight forward.
Consisted of 4 interview: 1st with recruiter (phone). Make him your friend as he can give you hints/strategies/even pay range. 2nd (phone) was with my potential manager and his boss. Mostly background, experience, and skill set questions. 3rd (phone) was with another manager. More skill and technical questions and how I would relate to this position. 4th and final was a circle-back via video conference. Be aggressive and ask for the sale. At least you won't be sitting and wondering for the next week if you have to position or not.

My advice is to do your research on whatever space you will be in. Also, since this is a monster of a company, be sure to ask questions on the specificities of your role. Travel, verticals, etc... Good luck!!

Interview Questions

• No case studies for my position.
    "What experiences you've had will help you in a room full of executives"
    1 Answer

Negotiation

I did some pre-negotiating before the offer, they sent exactly what I asked for and I accepted. I have heard there is sometimes room for negotiating but I was happy with what I was offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture in January 2014.

Interview

I went through 3 steps interview

First is general interview with HR recruiter. This is very general and they want to understand why I am looking and my background

Second is skill interview with director or senior manager. Each person have different style or questions but the goal is to see if you have the right skills, including communication for the role. I had one with case study, actually test if I can do some simple math from the case, and the other just ask questions around my background and experience

Third is confirmation interview with managing director or partner. Again, they want to understand your background and will open floor for all questions you have. They will provide you more direct insight what's the role and responsibility, what the group is about, and what projects will be.

After that, they will make a decision. Waiting game!

Interview Questions

• At confirmation interview, I found myself defending my experience and skills. Several times the interviewer will start with you have some related experience that can apply to what we do but not direct...not sure if it's on purpose or....   Answer Question

The other offer came in better :-)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

The process consisted of interviews with 5 company representatives - including phone and in person sessions. After aggressively pursuing me for the role and emphasizing "professionalism" and "transparency" during each interview, I did not get the offer. I also did not receive any feedback, rationale or return phone calls after I called to thank them for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you build credibility with a customer when they have had poor experiences with consulting firms in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through a headhunter who interviewed me first. Then, a recruiter had a general discussion with me about the firm. After that, they set up a "skills interview" with a manager (who was 6 years younger than me and had less org change experience than me by 3 years - fun). Also, she only had a BA from whereas I had a PhD in the filed they were hiring for.

She was supposed to focus on my skills, but she asked things like "why aren't you going back to [your former firm]" (they're not hiring - and how is this a skill?) and "why do you want to work in utilities" (when the job description said that you don't need any experience in utilities or interest in it - they are hiring based on org change skills, not an industry). But, you need to play the game and pretend you have a passion for utilities and accenture's culture. I don't even think she read or comprehended my resume because of the way she asked her questions. Also, during the interview, she said how miserable the employees are at accenture because the whole firm locked people into industries arbitrarily. She asked about one of my projects specifically, and it happened to be something at my old firm where we were hired to clean up the mess that Accenture left behind at a major client. Since she asked, I told the truth. But, I'd advise you not to make that mistake. Just remember: Accenture is perfect - they never messed anything up.

In the end, she told the headhunter that I was "too theoretical" and didn't have enough experience. I had more experience than she did - and I certainly never mentioned any "theory." I was rejected within 24 hours. So, essentially she knew that it wasn't going to happen when she hung up the phone, even though she pretended to be really interested in my experience and liked my answers. The interview seemed to have gone very well, which made the immediate rejection rather jarring and odd. Not to mention, on paper, I am light years beyond her, and I was applying to work FOR her (not directly, but she was a manager and I applied for a senior consultant position). To make this even more ridiculous - I had the same position at their competitor in 2008! So, in 2015 - I got rejected for a job I had 7 years ago (that paid more 7 years ago, incidentally).

Also, in speaking with people who know more about this, we strongly suspect this was homophobia. Accenture does not want openly gay men in the utilities practice which has predominantly blue collar, homophobic clients. I thought it was strange that she spent way too much time asking me about some of my former research in grad school on gays and lesbians, and that had nothing do to with this job whatsoever. So much for all of accenture's accolades for LGBT people. Maybe they have a great LGBT group inside the firm, but I'd love to know how many people they reject based on that because they prefer to stay in the 1980s with their clients' perceptions of gay people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some ways you would innovate, how have you innovated? What aspects of change management projects have you worked on? Why aren't you going back to your old firm? Why do you want to work in the Utilities Practice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

3 total interviews. 2 over the phone and 1 face to face. The first 2 were a mix of behavioral questions with problem solving questions as well. Definitely be ready to explain a complex problem and how you have figured out a solution for it. The third interview was just a formaility. If you get past the first 2 you are pretty much locked in to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult problem you had to overcome on a project? What was your solution? Was it a success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty simple. I gave the celing based on the market and I got what I wanted. Definitely ask for a sign on bonus.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Behavior/Situational interview with a senior manager over the phone (1 hour)
    3. Skills interview with a senior manager over the phone (1 hour)
    4. Final round interview with a senior manager in person (1 hour)

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you convinced a client to go along with an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took between 3 to 4 weeks to negotiate my salary, but they eventually matched my salary demands

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Fairfax, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was supposed to speak with a recruiter for a prescreen but the fellow did not call. Instead I had to speak with another fellow who was very much ruder. Anyways, we set up a phone screen with a manager at Accenture. She was lovely and we discussed my work etc. She mentioned that she might post me to Bali etc. Lovely, lady but I had a bad taste in my mouth from the interaction with the recruiter. In the end I got an awesome offer but this recruiter said , "I wasn't too sure about you but she (the manager) decided to go with you" and his tone was really really unkind. Anyways due to this poor interaction with this fellow, I told them that I would not be joining them unless they sponsored my graduate studies full time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a little about your research and the areas you are interested in?   1 Answer

I declined because the recruiter was rude in his tone and his interactions with me. I don't want to start off on the wrong note.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2010.

Interview

easy process and very detailed questions with 3 round of interviews and after that final offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a case interview along with a fit interview. The fit interview was good, but the case that was given was ridiculously esoteric. It seemed like the guy just made the case up on the spot, and it was presented poorly. If there had been 2 case interviews, or if the guy had stuck to something a little more traditional, it would have been better to assess the competency of individuals.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at a competing firm?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

To begin the hiring process, a candidate submits CV on Accenture career site. There are 3 rounds of interview. First, an HR staff will conduct a telephone interview, asking information on your CV. So, know your CV. Second, you will enter an office interview with 3 interviewers. Be prepared to communicate your assets and skills pertaining to the job

Interview Questions

• The interviewer may ask technical questions. My recommendation is to answer honestly but demonstrating your capability to learn and adapt to new environment, which is the ground for all business consulting   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for $5K to $10K higher than the proposed offer. Ask for month at level