Accenture Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

3.2

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview #1: Head hunter
Interview #2: Internal Recruiter
Interview #3: Situational
Interview #4: Skills

Very slow moving interview process with a lot of delay between each interview. Interviews 1 thru 3 were with bright, engaging, intelligent people. Always ask the recruiter about the background of the next person interviewing you, especially if they do not have a LinkedIn profile.

Interview Questions

• Situational Interview Question: How did you build a strong relationship with a stakeholder?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Accenture in June 2017.

Interview

There are four stages:
    1. Initial HR screening,
    2. Skills Interview with Technical Manager,
    3. Psychometric Testing and then
    4. Final culture / fit interview with a Managing Director.
    In general it was a quick, direct process with the follow ups happening fast.

Interview Questions

• Standard 'take me through your resume' stuff, with some specifics about engaging with customers around requirements capture.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I have been through HR screen, behavior interview , technical interview and face-to-face MD interview in New York. Every single interviewer was very professional and easy to communicate with. Now I am waiting for result. Does anybody know if HR will call if you are rejected or they will only call if they make an offer ?

Interview Questions

• Why did you change your job often?   2 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was referred from a current employee which DEFINITELY helps. After you apply and are one of the ones contacted, this was my experience:

1. Screening call with HR recruiter- talk about role, experience, etc. Not too much into the details. DO NOT share your current or previous salary as you run the risk of being low balled (good advice for any role) Chances are this place pays a lot more than your current role anyway, but if you share your current salary, they will likely offer just a little more than what you are currently making.
    2. Call with my boss (via phone as they were in another location)
    3. 2 different calls at different times with 2 others on my team.
    4. Final call with Senior Leader Team member (main boss of the group) to assess culture fit.
    5. Offer letter.

Entire process took about 3-4 weeks. Sometimes they are slow with the follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to explain technical stuff to non tech person....   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Lengthy and opaque at times. Initial HR screens seemed very scripted and almost artificial. "Tell me a situation when you ... " blah blah. Later rounds were much more pragmatic and useful. There is a ton of variation in interview styles and desired outcomes, so make sure you understand the interviewer.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture in September 2015.

Interview

I have been contacted twice in the last year by Accenture recruiters both internal and external, one of which led to two phone interviews with senior people (partner level). These conversations reinforced the impression I have had of Accenture over the years but nevertheless shocked me with the overall arrogance of the people I spoke to. The internal recruiter I first spoke to was personable and positive and indicated that my skills and experience based on what he's seen over the years were exceptional. He referred me to two hiring managers, one who I realized I knew someone who had worked with him at another company so his reputation preceded him. He was distracted and unprofessional, complaining about changes to the compensation plan. He asked virtually nothing about me and talked about himself and how great his career was and how lucky Accenture was to have him. The other woman I talked to was nice, friendly but somewhat unfocused in her approach and again spent a great deal of time talking about herself and how she had acheived her role. I got the feeling that the first person had unconscious bias. Later the recruiter sent me a terse message from an anonymous email ID that essentially insulted me by saying the interviewers didn't think I had what it takes to close deals for them. I've been in this industry for a long time and had my share of interviews over the years and I can't say I've ever received such a blunt and inappropriate follow up message. It was an automated form message and I'm not thin skinned. It was just rude. It didn't matter to me since they were recruiting me not vice versa and since I am confident in my track record of working at very similar companies and selling very large deals (20 to 30m) over the years, time and time again. I was just shocked that a company this well known for their progression employment practices including increasing the number of women in senior roles, would be so haphazard in their approach.
    My second experience was more recent when another retained external recruiter called me about a similar role for which I am extremely well qualified. I agreed to talk to her even though given my last experience my interest was low. She seemed to take the same approach, looking for reasons not to include me in.the exclusive group of candidates she said she already had. I have never had a recruiter say that either in the process - it seemed to be intended to make me feel lucky that she was even talking to me and to heighten the competition. She probed into my background and then hurriedly said that unless I was doing exactly the kind of role that she was recruiting for, at this time, they wouldn't consider me (even though I have a long track record in that kind of role ). At that point, it didn't really matter as it has reminded me of the corporate culture that seems to shine through in my dealings with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

3 phone screens, then traveled to meet the managing director. Meeting went well enough but no answer for several weeks. You just wait. And wait. If they decide to call you - or you call them - it will be like they don't even know you. Cold, impersonal, sloppy, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time within the last 18 months when you had to address a challenge without all the information you needed? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

With a total six interviews, Accenture’s interview process is rather structured. More specifically, there were: 1 HR, 1 Behavior, 2 Tech skills, and 2 In-person (NYC) interviews. Each interview was about one hour long that always started with outlining the flow of the interview. The specific questions were general in nature however, the interviewer always probed for a deeper understanding. The probes were aimed at understanding and not to throw and curve balls. It was a good and interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• An example from the Behavior interview: When working in a matrix organization, what do you think are the biggest challenges?   Answer Question
    • An example from the Behavior interview: Tell me about a situation where you had to agree to an approach to a business problem that you didn't agree with? How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Typical interview questions. They're looking for seasoned consultants from other consulting firms. They hire very few industry folks and once you get there, most people have no idea how to interact with you.

Interview Questions

• If you're an industry person, they will ask you questions that have nothing to do with your experience in industry & everything to do with consulting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Usually the hiring process is 4 steps: HR, behavioral, Job Specific/Situational, and Final Executive Interview.
    I was a re-hire so I didn't have to do the behavioral, and had 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• When getting into the Job specific interviews, being a consulting company the interviewer asked questions about leadership, leading a team, how would I handle certain situations with clients, as well asked my knowledge in specific areas, trends, and opinions on some opportunities.   Answer Question