Accenture Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Mostly standard 4 stage process with recruiter, 2 experienced members of the team and then 2 interviews with the manager. I had worked previously with members of the team and therefore was able to establish rapport quickly.

Due to past experience I knew something of the requirements of the job. We focused on fit, culture, and other elements of the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 75% of the time   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Good interview questions, some behavioral. Could have been more challenging but adequate. They liked my background enough that there weren't a lot of hard-hitting, skeptical questions. Outside recruiter helped enormously in getting in the door and handling the salary negotiations.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Lengthy and opaque at times. Initial HR screens seemed very scripted and almost artificial. "Tell me a situation when you ... " blah blah. Later rounds were much more pragmatic and useful. There is a ton of variation in interview styles and desired outcomes, so make sure you understand the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter, then a call from the senior manager, then the partner. I traveled to another city for the 1:1, waited a long time (EVERYBODY runs late there) and the person really didn't have much to ask, and I never saw them again. They are very fast with every thing, a true bias for action. There are tons of young folks there so if you have a single wrinkle or a single grey hair, you are out of the norm at midlevel management. They party hard.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel all the time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Open and honest. They told me the ranges and criteria, and made the offer very clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

With a total six interviews, Accenture’s interview process is rather structured. More specifically, there were: 1 HR, 1 Behavior, 2 Tech skills, and 2 In-person (NYC) interviews. Each interview was about one hour long that always started with outlining the flow of the interview. The specific questions were general in nature however, the interviewer always probed for a deeper understanding. The probes were aimed at understanding and not to throw and curve balls. It was a good and interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• An example from the Behavior interview: When working in a matrix organization, what do you think are the biggest challenges?   Answer Question
    • An example from the Behavior interview: Tell me about a situation where you had to agree to an approach to a business problem that you didn't agree with? How did you handle that?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Typical interview questions. They're looking for seasoned consultants from other consulting firms. They hire very few industry folks and once you get there, most people have no idea how to interact with you.

Interview Questions

• If you're an industry person, they will ask you questions that have nothing to do with your experience in industry & everything to do with consulting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

interviewed with external search firm than recruiter than hiring manager and then several senior staff, some interviews were over the phone or via video conference - interviews were easy to arrange via their interviewing app (very cool), and I was impressed with the caliber of people and their enthusiasim for the company. I was very happy at my previous company but was "sold" on accenture because of the people.

Interview Questions

• lost of behavioral interview questions: tell me a time when, give me an example etc. Interviews were pretty conversational in style, no surprises in the interview process. Very thoughtful approach, strong prep from the recruiters and good follow up from the interview team. I enjoyed the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes, make sure to present factual evidence on curent compensation so that they truly understand what you could be walking away from.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

3 phone screens, then traveled to meet the managing director. Meeting went well enough but no answer for several weeks. You just wait. And wait. If they decide to call you - or you call them - it will be like they don't even know you. Cold, impersonal, sloppy, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time within the last 18 months when you had to address a challenge without all the information you needed? How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed by their HR team through an initial phone screen. I was then scheduled to interview with a Senior Manager in the practice by phone, followed by an in person interview with leaders in the practice.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Consulting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (El Segundo, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

Need to improve reputation management by treating prospective employees as if they were prospective clients. Which, in fact, we are! I was ghosted by Accenture after 4 rounds, never got declined. I followed up with recruiter 3 times, she said she was waiting for "next steps" from leadership. Finally, I asked her if I could go ahead and apply to other roles at Accenture while she was waiting for "next steps." No Answer, ever, and no decline.
    Additional point, in each interview I was asked the same question 3 different ways: could I travel and did I have potential conflicts that could ever get in the way? Essentially, trying to determine if I were a parent. Even after I answered yes to 100% travel, they asked the same question a different way - at every interview.