Accenture Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.6

462 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

You have 3 interviews. The first is based on your resume so really know how to describe each experience on there with detail they will try to get down to the core of it. The other 2 are in the next round. First one is behavioral. Second is a case interview. Make sure to ask questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was quite easy. There were 3 rounds out of which two rounds were technical. It was a good try and I got the offer. There was salary negotiation in the third round.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Terrible process
    -Recruiter didnt even know I lived on the west coast when it was listed on my resume. Had been scheduling interviewers in ET and when she found out I live on the west coast, unprofessional replied back 'ah....' ......????????
    -Recruiter took 2 week PTO
    -Interviewer 1 forgot about interview and said he didnt have internet in the client site (it was a phone interview with no computer necessary). Did not even work at the place I was applying to.
    -Interviwer 2 forgot about interview as well
    -Sent email declining position as it was a waste of my time
    -No phone number to even reach out to the 3. Was thinking of pinging them on linkedin but im not that desperate and unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture in April 2017.

Interview

Email From the Recruiter, set up the technical Screen, hours of my time preparing, One hour on the phone with the tech screener, received email from the recruiter the next day indicating how well she was told it went, I called her and then she says, Oh we have no jobs.

Interview Questions

• This is what I was told to be prepared to answer: Also will be asking about if you have any experience with web services like REST/SOAP etc.
      Functionality testing.
      Understanding of Agile based sprint and stories.
      Checking your knowledge of front and back end full stack capabilities.

Basically checking what your skillset is and if you are able to communicate your
      knowledge efficiently!

After your skills interview we will have a chat
      about salary. Nothing can be said until that is done,
      because that determines what we can offer so I would advise
      touching up on your technical knowledge before the call!   1 Answer
    • What are web services like REST/SOAP   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Average questions. Combination of social/technical. First a couple of phone conversations followed by on-site interview with more technical questions. On-site interview asked to be well prepared with your projects ready.

Interview Questions

• Describe your skills and projects.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward technical and behavioral interviews. Mostly asked about my interest in the company and my experience with programming. The interviewers were very easy to talk to and offered a lot of information about the company and what they do.

Interview Questions

• What is object oriented programming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Redwood City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first was an informal conversation with the recruiter to assess wether I should move on to the "technical interview". I write technical in quotes, because It was probably the least technical interview I've had and I don't say that in a bad way. I prepared like crazy, but was shocked that we had more of a conversation about past projects and choices I've made in those projects. I would defend or elaborate about what I do different. The third interview was an onsite interview with my manager and who seemed to be trying to get a feel for how I would get along with the rest of the team. We barely discussed code and after a small discussion and tour he made me a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently with [angular] app if you were building it now?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Miami, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by screenshare. The screenshare was nice because I could use my IDE instead of having to type in the web browser. Phone screen was just language specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Specific to the technologies I was using. It was a Scala based position, so the questions focused around that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture in February 2016.

Interview

They asked my status first and wanna check my background but then told me the the requirement of that role has changed and it is only open for U.S. citizens... I have nothing can do with that and said I would keep trying to find any other possible positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email and asked to apply online for a specific position. Later, on the phone I asked how they had found my resume and was told that it was from Monster. I hadn't placed my resume on Monster and still haven't. Thought this was worth mentioning. I was then called by an employee of Accenture in Canada about the position I applied for in California and asked stereotypical placement questions that were not at all technical and then asked to complete an online test about Java. The information I was given was somewhat misleading. The link to a video about the test implied I would be asked to answer questions with a mic and a webcam, which were not at all utilized. Half of the questions were unrelated to Java but still technical. For example, typical Linux commands. All of the questions were multiple choice and individually timed. Each question was allotted about thirty seconds with a few longer questions getting slightly more time and a few others getting less. After completing a question you had as long as you desired to click the button to show the next question, which also starts the next timer. It took me about twenty minutes over all. After completing the test I confirmed via email that it was finished and then literally never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you willing to move to the job location?   1 Answer