Accenture Strategy Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Strategy Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2017

3.4

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

The first round interview was a ninety minute video conference that included a 45 minute case and 45 minutes of behavioral questions. The person that gave the case was not the same as the one who asked the behavioral questions. It was the same format on-campus for the second round. 1 longish case and 45 mins of behavioral. Medium difficulty cases involving some graphs and/or data output in both rounds.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application, was flown to one of their offices in the northeastern US. They took care of airfare, lodging, and meal fees. Interview was a day-long affair consisting of two interviews + a Q&A-type conversation with HR. Both were case interviews, with one more concentrated on the behavioral fit + ~15-20 case, while the other case took up the entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Technological solutions for a nonprofit looking to enhance their ability to the help the unemployed find jobs   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

case interviews - same as that for MBB, use case books, prepare your CV, be truthful and tactful. case interviews - same as that for MBB, use case books, prepare your CV, be truthful and tactful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Not bad! Typical for consulting. 2 small case interviews, 15 min behavioral, 1 long 45 min case. Interviewers were both very nice and friendly and it really seemed like more of a conversation than anything else.

Interview Questions

• 2 small case interviews, 15 min behavioral, 1 long 45 min case   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through online. Received an e-mail after a few weeks for an interview. A couple weeks after the interview, I received the result by a phone call. They were very polite and helpful during the application and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Two 45min interviews, both case study interviews, and a few behavioral questions after.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very fast. They were polite, and helpful and lenient throughout the whole process. I was asked if I could reschedule, but I had exams during the other times they were available, so I was able to keep my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

My resume was submitted through their employee referral program. I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions and wanted details on my background. Then, he set up two phone interviews that were business case study interviews. During each case study interview, the interviewer asked me details about my background and also asked me general questions like: What do you know about Accenture, why do you want to be a consultant, what do you think a typical day is like for a consultant.

Interview Questions

• One case study was about budgeting and forecasting. The other was on cost optimization.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Four interviews as an experienced hire. First was with HR and was screening, Second was with HR and another screening, Third was over the phone and with a Manager/Senior Manager, Fourth was in person and with a Manager and Senior Manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Accenture has a tendency to ask faux-case questions that are more situational than they are similar to McK, BCG, Bain, or Deloitte (unless you are interviewing for Accenture Strategy).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

2 rounds. 1 on campus, 1 in the Chicago office. Typical case based interview. Very competitive - with an emphasis on focus in what practice area you are interested in. Get deep knowledge of the type of work you will actually be conducted and fit your experience to that.

Interview Questions

• A case question on restructuring a globally dispersed IT department - measuring the pros and cons of both and how to go about managing issues that would come up. We digressed into a very interesting discussion about how to handle "esteem issues" that IT workers may feel and what that means for how they are compensated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Basically no negotiation. The salary package with bonus was very attractive. A few folks that also accepted were able to negotiate up to a manager position based on their experience; though I question the wisdom of such a choice given how extensively you are trained in your first year as a consultant.