Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Since I had previously gone through two rounds of interviewing with ACN for an internship my junior year and had done well, I was moved on to the 3rd round of interviewing for a full-time position as a SI Analyst. The 3rd round was on-site, and it consisted of a presentation done by two consultants and a Recruiter and also two one-on-one interviews with senior managers/partners. The presentation was basically comprised of promo videos and experiences the consultants have gone through along with information about the benefits etc. Both interviews with the managers/partners were laid-back and conversational. We talked about my resume, work experience, what I like about Accenture, and why I want to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them I already had an offer, and they came in 10% higher on salary with a comparable benefits package, so I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

First interview was on campus about 30 minutes. Mostly a get to know you type interview with questions like What do you do in your free time when you aren't studying or in class? What are your hobbies? It was very laid back. Mostly to see if you're somebody they would want to hang out with and to see if they could put you in front of a client. Called back later the same day for a second round interview the next day.

Second interview was all behavioral, no cases. Standard behavioral questions such as Tell me about the most significant project you've worked on? Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker? Why consulting/Accenture? Have a story prepared for all sorts of these questions, use the STAR method and you'll be fine. A few days later they called with an invitation to onsite interviews.

Onsite interview consisted of a presentation from some current analysts and consultants. This was about an hour and a half. They will answer tons of questions and are a valuable resource to understand the company. Next there are two interviews. One with a Senior Manager and one with a Manager. My first one was with a Senior Manager and it was mostly more behavioral questions. However, this time they answered a lot of follow up questions and wanted more detail to answers so be prepared for that. The second interview was with a manager and was extremely casual and short. Questions were more along the lines of What's your biggest concern with Accenture? Are you okay with traveling?

Basically if you make it to the third round the job is yours to lose. Just be yourself, smile, and be confident.

Received a final job offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was the most significant project you've worked on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer seemed to be firm which is fine because the salary was for a lot more than I was expecting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university career center and had an interview on campus (30 minutes). Business professional, but interviewer was friendly. The first interview was to go over my resume. It was very open ended and up to me to sell myself. They notified us that night if we would be moving on to second stage (the next day), which I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything on your resume you'd like to tell me about?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and a final office interview. The interviews were mostly based on the interviewer asking behavioral questions. Come prepared with lots of queastions because the in-office interviews are about 45 minutes with each interviewer. I prepared by reviewing the comapny website and focusing on their core values and mission statement. The interviewers are all very nice and made me feel comfortable and at ease when having to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Descrube a project that hit a roadblock and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was extremely competitive.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied to on campus recruiting at my university and got a first round on campus. The first round is just a basic fit interview. Questions will be different depending on the interviewer but include:
    Tell me about yourself, Why Accenture?, What does Accenture do?, What do you think Systems Integration Analysts do?, Is there anything else you would like to bring up that we haven't discussed?

Received a phone call and email about passing the first round within a few business days. The second interview was on site, one hour with a manager. It was behavioral and also conversational and included questions such as:
    Tell me about... yourself, what you consider to be your major accomplishment, a time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, a time you had to solve an open-ended question with little details given, and a time when were given too much information.

Again, received a phone call and an email about the third round within a few business days. There were about 15-16 people that day interviewing, about 8 each in the morning and afternoon sessions. The third round was also on site and included a 1 hr presentation by current analysts (benefits, etc) + lunch, and 2 interviews (1 with a manager, 1 with an executive level person). The interviews were both fit questions and behavioral questions such as:
    Why Accenture?, tell me about a time you lead a team to success, how do you think your experiences fit into the role of a systems integration analyst?

Interview took place in New York City Office but offer was in Washington DC.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected Question: What was your favorite class outside of the core classes you took?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The offer was on the higher end.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through university career website. There were three rounds of interviews. First two rounds are on campus. Rounds 2 and 3 are behavioral.

First round is a review of your resume and is very conversational. Second round consists of 3-4 questions. Questions center around four topics (Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Time Management, Problem Solving). Third round is on-site in which you sit through a hour presentation then proceed to two interviews by higher level management. Those interviews are similar to the second round.

I received a call for the offer from the recruiter about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Was a little caught off by a question about how I would describe day one of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the salary was very competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from an HR recruiter within a few weeks. She scheduled a 15 minute phone interview which was an initial check to make sure that I qualified for the position. After this call, she scheduled another one hour phone interview with a different person from HR. This interview consisted of four behavioral questions where I had to list three main events that occurred within each answer. The three main events threw me off a bit but the interviewer was really nice and helped me out. The final interview was in the Houston office and consisted of a one hour presentation about Accenture with a Q&A session, tour and two 30-45 minute behavioral interviews with two different managers. During this final interview, we were asked to rank cities with Accenture offices we preferred to work in. I ranked Houston, Austin and San Francisco as my top three. I received an offer in the San Francisco office about a week later and accepted the offer. Looking back, I am happy that I accepted in offer in San Francisco instead of Houston or Austin because the clients in the bay area are much more aligned with my interests.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What is a course you have taken unrelated to your major?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer exceeded my expectations so I did not negotiate. The cost of living is higher on the west coast so my offer was greater than my salary in Houston at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Three interviews total, encountered no difficult questions. The current glassdoor questions covered everything I was asked.

1st interview - 20 minutes, took place at my university, interviewer asked about 5 questions, nothing too difficult - no time to ask any questions, they were pretty strict on the 20 minute time. Heard back within two weeks by email.

2nd interview - 1 hour, took place at my university, interview asked another 5-8 questions, again nothing too difficult (explain a situation when you had to deal with a difficult person, etc. pretty standard questions, nothing that threw me off guard), he asked about my location preference, and gave me time at the end to ask questions and chat on his experience at Accenture. Heard back the following business day by email.

3rd interview - at the local office - two sessions took place that day, one morning and one afternoon - lasted about 4-5 hours. Advise you to come prepared with many questions. I had time once I arrived to chat with current analyst and employees who were at the office that day. It was only me and one other person who interviewed in the afternoon session. And I believe 3 people interviewed in the morning session. Three current analyst walked us through the presentation of benefits, etc. Gave us a lot of time to ask questions, great opportunity to hear of their experiences. From there I had two interviews: one with a manager and another with a senior executive. Both interviews consisted of them asking a couple questions for me, but mainly me asking of their experiences and the company, along with telling them why I'm interested in the company and becoming a consultant. Some questions were: favorite course taken in your major, less favorite course, favorite course taken outside of your major, time you had to mediate a situation and what was the outcome, etc. The senior executive was very serious, I had a hard time connecting with her as I did with the project manager. To make things less awkward come prepared with questions to last you the complete 45 minutes. The interview ended with lunch with the three analysts from before. Overall good experience, great people.

I interviewed the Friday prior to Thanksgiving was told I'd hear back within 2-3 weeks (a tad longer since the recruiter would be out of office for the holiday). At the end of the 2nd week the recruiter contacted me via email stating there would be a delay in the decision process. Heard back the following week after that my location preference did not seem of current availability and asked if I would to be open for other (all) locations. The recruiter suggested one location and I requested to see if more was available. Finally heard back with my offer
    right before Christmas. have til the new year to decide -- I plan on accepting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with difficult co-workers, employees, class mates, etc. How did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I approached the Accenture booth at the 2012 SWE conference and got an informal 1st round interview the next day, the 2nd day of the conference. This consisted of a recruiter asking me what I knew about an Analyst's role. I didn't prepare much for this, it was very informal.

2nd round: I received an email two weeks later telling me I had been selected for a phone interview, which I scheduled for a couple days later. This, I had heard, was the make-or-break interview. It was 30 minutes of behavioral questions; it's a good idea to give detailed and relevant answers. Prepare for this portion and it should go smoothly.

3rd round: I was scheduled for a Houston office visit a couple of days later. They will pay for airfare and hotel. This lasted 3 hours. There were a few other college candidates there like myself. We were all given a 1.5 hr presentation together which outlined our role and what it's like to work there. After that, there were two 45-min interview with two different managers. These were extremely informal. I answered a question or two but they were more or less conversations about what it's like to work there. I asked a lot of questions because I was genuinely curious. Interviewed on Friday and got the offer on Monday.

Interview Questions

I decided I didn't want to be a consultant.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied to Accenture in the fall, and I didn't hear back from them right away so I kind of forgot about them. Then, at the end of May, I was surprised when I got an email from a recruiter asking to set up an initial phone screening interview. We scheduled the interview for 2 weeks later (I was on vacation at the time). The phone interview was 30 minutes, and we basically went through my resume. She also asked me why I applied to Accenture and why I was interested in consulting. That part was about 15-20 minutes long. Then she told me about Accenture and asked if I had any questions.

I got an email the following morning saying that I had passed the first interview, and I scheduled a second phone interview for a few days later. This was a behavioral interview with a consultant, and it lasted 1 hour. I was pretty nervous for this interview, so I did some research about behavioral interviews and got some ideas about the types of questions I could be asked. I also thought back to my class and work projects I had done so that they were fresh in my memory. I suggest preparing for this interview in the same way. The consultant who interviewed me was really nice and easy to talk to. We started the interview by introducing ourselves, and we made some small talk for a few minutes. Then, over the next 45 minutes or so, he asked me 4 questions with follow up questions after each one. Afterwards he asked me if I had any questions, and that was it.

I got an email a little less than 2 weeks later saying that I passed the second interview, and I was invited to the final round of interviews at my local office which was a little more than 2 weeks later. The final round lasted a little over 3 hours. There were 3 other applicants there with me. For the first hour or so, we were given a presentation about the company, benefits, etc. by 2 analysts who had been hired within the past 2 years. A recruiter also came in to talk to us a little more about the same kind of stuff. The 2 analysts and the recruiter were really easy to talk to. The actual presentation itself didn't last for the whole hour, so we all just talked for a little while we were waiting for the interviewers to be ready. Then we had two 45-minute 1-on-1 interviews: one with a senior executive and one with a manager. My first interview was with the senior executive. He pretty much talked about himself the whole time. He asked if I was good with working with teams, travel, etc., but mostly he talked about his career and past/current projects. That's what I asked him about when he asked if I had any questions at the end. My second interview with the manager was kind of the opposite; I talked most of the time. She asked me some questions, like when I was a leader of a group, when I went to learn more about something that wasn't expected of me, how I function in a team, etc. It wasn't really behavioral like the second interview. She also asked if I had any questions after she was done asking me questions. I really enjoyed talking to her. Overall, the day was pretty laid back and relaxing.

I got a phone call from my initial recruiter 6 days later, and she offered me the position. Over the phone, she went over what they were offering (salary, bonus, vacation days, benefits, etc) and said that the physical offer would be sent to me via email within a few days.

Overall, the hiring process has been a positive experience. Everyone I have talked to has been really nice, and all the interviewers were friendly and really easy to talk to so I really wasn't nervous after the first minute or so.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent personal accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • When did you have to build credibility with someone?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go about solving a recurring problem.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a project you had to do independently.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't think I'm going to negotiate. I am more than happy with the salary they are offering. From what I've heard, though, the offer is pretty much take it or leave it.