Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with Accenture for a Systems Integration Analyst position in their Dallas office. The interview was a 3 stage process with 1:1 interview at stage. The first two rounds were held at the university with the last one being held at their office. the interviews were pretty standard (background, skills, leadership, and why do you want to work here). They got back to me fairly quickly after each round and said they would get me an offer decision with two weeks of the final interview. It was 4-5 weeks before I was contacted and told no position were available in that office however positions may be available in other offices. After an additional 6 weeks I was given an offer. While I initially accepted, 6 months passed and I still had no information on start dates. After trying to get information for several weeks I found a better opportunity and decided to go with it. Most likely I would have taken the position had things moved in a timely manner however when the process has been going for 8 months total and you still have no start date, you take it as a sign things were no meant to be. Overall, the initial interview process was straight-forward and relaxed, however the offer stage was atrociously long, uninformative, and a very unimpressive look at the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

After going through the interview and offer process for 8 months and still not having a start date I found a better opportunity.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online fall of last year and was just about to give up on this. Then one day late January, I got a phone call asking if I was still interested. I said yes and scheduled a first round interview.

First Round -- short 20-25 minute phone interview, mostly talked about my resume and my interest in Accenture. I would definitely recommend looking at the Accenture website, learn about the core values and the different areas of consulting Accenture offers. A day or two later, I got a call to schedule a second round interview.

Second Round -- 45 minute phone interview, mostly behavioral questions "tell me about a time..." I was on GlassDoor reading about all the interview experiences. I was asked about leadership, teamwork, project work, etc. They really go into depth on the questions, asking several followup questions. I would recommend doing more research on Accenture, looking at example behavioral questions online, and really know your experiences. I practiced all my "stories" several times, made notes before hand so I wouldn't miss anything. Also, make a list of questions to ask the recruiter. I found a website with some questions and adapted those. I received a call about 1 week later to schedule an onsite interview.

Third Round -- about a month after the Second Round, I was flown the night before with the other candidates. There were about 20+ people in my session (morning) and 20+ in the afternoon session. There were 2 separate 45 minute interviews, 1 with a manager, 1 with a senior executive. They were more informal and conversational. I talked about my experiences again, although about half of the time were dedicated to questions I have. I had a list of 25+ questions, although we only got through about half. Following the two interviews, there was a 2 hour period for lunch, presentation, and questions. There were 5 analysts/consultants in the room and each talked about some of his/her projects and experiences. This was the time to ask about living in the area and such. I was flown back in the afternoon.

A day later, I received a call from my recruiter extending an offer. I was told the formal offer will be coming shortly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project you worked on and how did you go about it resolving it?   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time when you worked in a group, what was your role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is higher than expected. I've heard that salary is non-negotiable, but starting bonus is. So I will try to negotiate and report back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online for a management consulting position, was contacted ~3 months later asking whether I had any interest in Systems Integration as an alternative. Had three rounds of interviews-- initial phone screen (typical personality / fit type questions), a second situational interview (tell me about a time when...) and a third in-person interview which was a mix of the two (but a lot less formal than the second round). From what I've heard, if you make it to the in-person, you're virtually in. In terms of culture, everyone I spoke to seemed extremely nice and was more than willing to answer my questions / help me out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Position wasn't in line with my interests (I was more interested in management consulting), plus the location was non-negotiable, and I am looking to stay in NYC.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online to Accenture in late December and was contacted by a recruiter in mid January. We set a phone interview a few days later. The first phone interview just goes over your resume and makes sure you are interested in consulting and Accenture. The second interview took place 2 day after the first. Much more in depth, asking about past experience and how you handled yourself. Expect to deliver a lot details and really know what you are talking about. Past job experiences or projects would be great. My recruiter called me back a few hours later letting me know I was going to an office visit. The longest part of my interview process was waiting for the office visit since they group recruits together and bring them all there at once. Office visit was fairly laid back and very conversational. I think they are really making sure you fit into Accenture's company culture. Accenture is huge on training so they like people who enjoy learning and doing new things. About a week later my recruiter contacted me with the offer! It was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a team situation when one member was not cooperating. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you did not have enough information to make a decision. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The day after I applied I received an email to set up a phone interview to find a match with my background. About 2 weeks later, I received an email saying I was matched with a particular position. After a phone interview, it was seen that I didn't have enough accounting background for this position. I was then matched to the systems integration position. I had 2 phone interviews, 1 pre-screeing/background check and another with situational based questions. After each round I received a call from a recruiter to let me know if I passed or not. The 3rd and final round of the interview was an office visit, with 2 interviews with current employees, an information session about Accenture, and a Q&A session with current employees in this position. About 2 weeks later, I received a call that they couldn't offer me a job at this time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with differing opinions and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

Three round interview process:
    1st round: meet w/ a senior manager for 30 minutes to go over your resume and why you want to work in consulting and especially for Accenture.
    2nd round: meet with a different senior manager this time for 45 minutes, will ask behavioral/situation based questions like dealing w/ conflict & working in a group to see if you are a good fit
    3rd round: office visit for 1/2 day, will see a presentation by 4-5 analysts or consultants about working for Accenture and to answer any questions then have 2, 45 minute interviews with higher level managers/executives to have them ask you a few questions (which most likely are the same as you've already had in past 2 round) mainly focused on your understanding of what they do and what the role entails, but most of the time is spent with you asking them questions about working for the company.

at each stage there is always plenty of time to ask questions and everyone I met with was very friendly and open to discussing any question or concern

Interview Questions

• What interests you about consulting? Why Accenture in particular?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you've worked in a group and faced some sort of obstacle.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable, but for entry-level right out of college its a good/standard offer for the consulting industry

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I saw an Accenture representative (the HR rep for that state) at a career fair, handed off my resume, references, cover letter, etc - and discussed my experience. Several weeks later, I got my first interview scheduled through my university's career center. From there, the process was pretty straight forward:

1ST INTERVIEW: About 30 minutes long, 1:1 with a senior manager. We discussed my work experience, background, the structure of the company, and interest in Accenture - no behavioral questions. This was "The easy one," as the recruiter said. They gave me plenty of opportunities to ask questions, and here's a key - use those opportunities! They don't like it when candidates just stay quiet (friend of mine didn't ask anything, and he wasn't invited back). That night, I got an email saying I qualified for the second round of interviews.

2ND INTERVIEW: My second interview was held over the phone, because they did not have enough time slots at the university to fit everyone in. No big deal. That friday, I did my second interview over the phone. It was with another senior manager, who was working from home that day. This was a behavioral interview. Mostly team-based questions, like when were you involved in a team, and the result wasn't as good as you wanted, when did you disagree with a co-worker, etc. There was also a question that I found on here, but thought to myself "there's no way I'll get that question." I prepared for it none the less, and good thing! they asked it. It was "tell me a time when you had to debug an issue with a computer system" or something like that. Again, lots of opportunities to ask questions - make use of them. A few days later, I got an e-mail inviting me to the third and final round of interviews.

3RD INTERVIEW: This was an on-site interview. And let me tell you, their new office in downtown Houston is VERY neat. But if you're more into a traditional office - it might not be for you. So make sure you check it out properly before leaving. Anyway, on to the interview. I was there with a group of six or so other candidates. We were there for three hours. The first hour involved an office tour, and a benefits presentation, which also discussed Accenture's corporate citizenship and the like. The next two hours were two 1:1 interviews. The first was all behavioral - but these questions were a bit more technical, more specific to the position. I assume they were trying to figure out if I really knew what the position was, and if I had any experience dealing with high tech systems in the past. Again, time for questions. The second was a bit of the same - but slightly more open, with more "why acenture?" questions. Remember, if you mention travel and projects - they'll probably say "you could do that with any firm - why us?" so come up with something better!

The next business day, I got a call with the offer. It was pretty much spot on with the average for <1 year in Houston listed on this site. They gave me about a week and a half to get back to them, but i'm sure more time was available if i had really needed it.

Keep in mind - when I say "ask questions," i'm talking about questions more pertinent to the position and specifics of the company, such as how they measure success.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group that had conflicting viewpoints   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you were working in a team and it did not go so well, what did you do and what would you have done differently.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to debug something. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Alexandria, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Had 4 different interviewers during one phone interview, most of them did not seem enthusiastic or seem to be excited about what they were doing. Did not attempt to sell me on the job itself, and were at times slightly condescending. While actually describing the job responsibilities, they were unable to answer most of my questions. Got the offer in the end, but declined because of poor enthusiasm and the job description didn't fit my career path.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

After applying online through my campus recruiting, I got my first interview. It started as a meet and greet in a waiting room with 4 DC analysts. They were all friendly, although I felt awkward trying to make conversation, while still trying to prep for my interview. Then my interview began in a separate room, with a Senior Executive from the DC office. He was intimidating at first, but became more friendly by the end, as I asked him more questions about himself. This was a basic resume interview. That night I got an email saying I was invited back for a second round the following day. This interview started the same way with the waiting room. This interviewer was much more casual (a consultant) and less intimidating. He gave me a behavioral interview, which went pretty much as expected. I received a call with my offer a month or so later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a hard time for you personally. How did it affect your work life, and how did you cope with the problem? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate. They gave me 2 weeks to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied online via the company website. My school is one of the schools the company recruits at heavily but I did not initially receive an interview using the on-campus process. About a month after applying on the company website I was contacted via e-mail that they were interested in interviewing me. The first phone interview was easy. The second phone interview was situational yet different than other situational interviews. There were only four main questions in that interview and the recruiter asked several follow-up questions to each initial question. One of the questions was to talk about a time you dealt with a person you disagreed with. The final interview was two behavioral interviews. One interview was with a management consultant and the other was with a systems integration consultant.

If interested in applying with Accenture, you may want to visit the website jobvent.com. If that is not the actual website name just type job vent into google. Accenture seems to be a great company to launch a career but the recruiting process took way too long. My impression of the company culture is one where you either work extremely hard and give it your all or you have a negative experience.

Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker or customer.   Answer Question