Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was very basic and resume-based; as long as you know what is on there you should not sweat it. The second was a deep behavioral interview, where the interviewer asked 4 questions with very specific follow up questions. A lot of "tell me about a time when..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you implemented a system. What were people's reactions? How did you remedy them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Three interviews total, encountered no difficult questions. The current glassdoor questions covered everything I was asked.

1st interview - 20 minutes, took place at my university, interviewer asked about 5 questions, nothing too difficult - no time to ask any questions, they were pretty strict on the 20 minute time. Heard back within two weeks by email.

2nd interview - 1 hour, took place at my university, interview asked another 5-8 questions, again nothing too difficult (explain a situation when you had to deal with a difficult person, etc. pretty standard questions, nothing that threw me off guard), he asked about my location preference, and gave me time at the end to ask questions and chat on his experience at Accenture. Heard back the following business day by email.

3rd interview - at the local office - two sessions took place that day, one morning and one afternoon - lasted about 4-5 hours. Advise you to come prepared with many questions. I had time once I arrived to chat with current analyst and employees who were at the office that day. It was only me and one other person who interviewed in the afternoon session. And I believe 3 people interviewed in the morning session. Three current analyst walked us through the presentation of benefits, etc. Gave us a lot of time to ask questions, great opportunity to hear of their experiences. From there I had two interviews: one with a manager and another with a senior executive. Both interviews consisted of them asking a couple questions for me, but mainly me asking of their experiences and the company, along with telling them why I'm interested in the company and becoming a consultant. Some questions were: favorite course taken in your major, less favorite course, favorite course taken outside of your major, time you had to mediate a situation and what was the outcome, etc. The senior executive was very serious, I had a hard time connecting with her as I did with the project manager. To make things less awkward come prepared with questions to last you the complete 45 minutes. The interview ended with lunch with the three analysts from before. Overall good experience, great people.

I interviewed the Friday prior to Thanksgiving was told I'd hear back within 2-3 weeks (a tad longer since the recruiter would be out of office for the holiday). At the end of the 2nd week the recruiter contacted me via email stating there would be a delay in the decision process. Heard back the following week after that my location preference did not seem of current availability and asked if I would to be open for other (all) locations. The recruiter suggested one location and I requested to see if more was available. Finally heard back with my offer
    right before Christmas. have til the new year to decide -- I plan on accepting.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with difficult co-workers, employees, class mates, etc. How did you handle the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I approached the Accenture booth at the 2012 SWE conference and got an informal 1st round interview the next day, the 2nd day of the conference. This consisted of a recruiter asking me what I knew about an Analyst's role. I didn't prepare much for this, it was very informal.

2nd round: I received an email two weeks later telling me I had been selected for a phone interview, which I scheduled for a couple days later. This, I had heard, was the make-or-break interview. It was 30 minutes of behavioral questions; it's a good idea to give detailed and relevant answers. Prepare for this portion and it should go smoothly.

3rd round: I was scheduled for a Houston office visit a couple of days later. They will pay for airfare and hotel. This lasted 3 hours. There were a few other college candidates there like myself. We were all given a 1.5 hr presentation together which outlined our role and what it's like to work there. After that, there were two 45-min interview with two different managers. These were extremely informal. I answered a question or two but they were more or less conversations about what it's like to work there. I asked a lot of questions because I was genuinely curious. Interviewed on Friday and got the offer on Monday.

Interview Questions

I decided I didn't want to be a consultant.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

I originally applied online through my university portal. Then I was selected for a first round based on the online process. I then had a thirty minute interview on campus. They offered me a second interview the following week, sixty minutes. Followed by a third round, in-office interview. I interviewed with two different executives, each sixty minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (College Park, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

It was an on campus interview as I applied straight out of college. There were 4 interviews, which were not very difficult, with one screening, 2 behavioral, and one confirming interview. I've heard that now Accenture does a case interview as well. The interviews may have been easier because they were interviewing 50+ students the same day as me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to adapt to an unknown situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied to Accenture in the fall, and I didn't hear back from them right away so I kind of forgot about them. Then, at the end of May, I was surprised when I got an email from a recruiter asking to set up an initial phone screening interview. We scheduled the interview for 2 weeks later (I was on vacation at the time). The phone interview was 30 minutes, and we basically went through my resume. She also asked me why I applied to Accenture and why I was interested in consulting. That part was about 15-20 minutes long. Then she told me about Accenture and asked if I had any questions.

I got an email the following morning saying that I had passed the first interview, and I scheduled a second phone interview for a few days later. This was a behavioral interview with a consultant, and it lasted 1 hour. I was pretty nervous for this interview, so I did some research about behavioral interviews and got some ideas about the types of questions I could be asked. I also thought back to my class and work projects I had done so that they were fresh in my memory. I suggest preparing for this interview in the same way. The consultant who interviewed me was really nice and easy to talk to. We started the interview by introducing ourselves, and we made some small talk for a few minutes. Then, over the next 45 minutes or so, he asked me 4 questions with follow up questions after each one. Afterwards he asked me if I had any questions, and that was it.

I got an email a little less than 2 weeks later saying that I passed the second interview, and I was invited to the final round of interviews at my local office which was a little more than 2 weeks later. The final round lasted a little over 3 hours. There were 3 other applicants there with me. For the first hour or so, we were given a presentation about the company, benefits, etc. by 2 analysts who had been hired within the past 2 years. A recruiter also came in to talk to us a little more about the same kind of stuff. The 2 analysts and the recruiter were really easy to talk to. The actual presentation itself didn't last for the whole hour, so we all just talked for a little while we were waiting for the interviewers to be ready. Then we had two 45-minute 1-on-1 interviews: one with a senior executive and one with a manager. My first interview was with the senior executive. He pretty much talked about himself the whole time. He asked if I was good with working with teams, travel, etc., but mostly he talked about his career and past/current projects. That's what I asked him about when he asked if I had any questions at the end. My second interview with the manager was kind of the opposite; I talked most of the time. She asked me some questions, like when I was a leader of a group, when I went to learn more about something that wasn't expected of me, how I function in a team, etc. It wasn't really behavioral like the second interview. She also asked if I had any questions after she was done asking me questions. I really enjoyed talking to her. Overall, the day was pretty laid back and relaxing.

I got a phone call from my initial recruiter 6 days later, and she offered me the position. Over the phone, she went over what they were offering (salary, bonus, vacation days, benefits, etc) and said that the physical offer would be sent to me via email within a few days.

Overall, the hiring process has been a positive experience. Everyone I have talked to has been really nice, and all the interviewers were friendly and really easy to talk to so I really wasn't nervous after the first minute or so.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent personal accomplishment?   1 Answer
    • When did you have to build credibility with someone?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go about solving a recurring problem.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a project you had to do independently.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't think I'm going to negotiate. I am more than happy with the salary they are offering. From what I've heard, though, the offer is pretty much take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online fall of last year and was just about to give up on this. Then one day late January, I got a phone call asking if I was still interested. I said yes and scheduled a first round interview.

First Round -- short 20-25 minute phone interview, mostly talked about my resume and my interest in Accenture. I would definitely recommend looking at the Accenture website, learn about the core values and the different areas of consulting Accenture offers. A day or two later, I got a call to schedule a second round interview.

Second Round -- 45 minute phone interview, mostly behavioral questions "tell me about a time..." I was on GlassDoor reading about all the interview experiences. I was asked about leadership, teamwork, project work, etc. They really go into depth on the questions, asking several followup questions. I would recommend doing more research on Accenture, looking at example behavioral questions online, and really know your experiences. I practiced all my "stories" several times, made notes before hand so I wouldn't miss anything. Also, make a list of questions to ask the recruiter. I found a website with some questions and adapted those. I received a call about 1 week later to schedule an onsite interview.

Third Round -- about a month after the Second Round, I was flown the night before with the other candidates. There were about 20+ people in my session (morning) and 20+ in the afternoon session. There were 2 separate 45 minute interviews, 1 with a manager, 1 with a senior executive. They were more informal and conversational. I talked about my experiences again, although about half of the time were dedicated to questions I have. I had a list of 25+ questions, although we only got through about half. Following the two interviews, there was a 2 hour period for lunch, presentation, and questions. There were 5 analysts/consultants in the room and each talked about some of his/her projects and experiences. This was the time to ask about living in the area and such. I was flown back in the afternoon.

A day later, I received a call from my recruiter extending an offer. I was told the formal offer will be coming shortly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project you worked on and how did you go about it resolving it?   1 Answer
    • Talk about a time when you worked in a group, what was your role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay is higher than expected. I've heard that salary is non-negotiable, but starting bonus is. So I will try to negotiate and report back.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online to Accenture in late December and was contacted by a recruiter in mid January. We set a phone interview a few days later. The first phone interview just goes over your resume and makes sure you are interested in consulting and Accenture. The second interview took place 2 day after the first. Much more in depth, asking about past experience and how you handled yourself. Expect to deliver a lot details and really know what you are talking about. Past job experiences or projects would be great. My recruiter called me back a few hours later letting me know I was going to an office visit. The longest part of my interview process was waiting for the office visit since they group recruits together and bring them all there at once. Office visit was fairly laid back and very conversational. I think they are really making sure you fit into Accenture's company culture. Accenture is huge on training so they like people who enjoy learning and doing new things. About a week later my recruiter contacted me with the offer! It was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a team situation when one member was not cooperating. How did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you did not have enough information to make a decision. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Reston, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online for a management consulting position, was contacted ~3 months later asking whether I had any interest in Systems Integration as an alternative. Had three rounds of interviews-- initial phone screen (typical personality / fit type questions), a second situational interview (tell me about a time when...) and a third in-person interview which was a mix of the two (but a lot less formal than the second round). From what I've heard, if you make it to the in-person, you're virtually in. In terms of culture, everyone I spoke to seemed extremely nice and was more than willing to answer my questions / help me out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Position wasn't in line with my interests (I was more interested in management consulting), plus the location was non-negotiable, and I am looking to stay in NYC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The day after I applied I received an email to set up a phone interview to find a match with my background. About 2 weeks later, I received an email saying I was matched with a particular position. After a phone interview, it was seen that I didn't have enough accounting background for this position. I was then matched to the systems integration position. I had 2 phone interviews, 1 pre-screeing/background check and another with situational based questions. After each round I received a call from a recruiter to let me know if I passed or not. The 3rd and final round of the interview was an office visit, with 2 interviews with current employees, an information session about Accenture, and a Q&A session with current employees in this position. About 2 weeks later, I received a call that they couldn't offer me a job at this time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with differing opinions and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question