Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Systems Integration Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

After applying online, there was an immediate computer generated response asking me to complete an EOE survey. About a week later, I was contacted by a campus recruiter for the University that I had graduated from the prior year. This recruiter was my primary contact with the company throughout the hiring process, and was extremely accomodating with my schedule. I had my first interview with this recruiter over the phone in the evening after business hours later that week. This interview was 10 minutes long and consisted of the recruiter explaining the position, me doing a very cursory explanation of my resume, and any questions that I had about the company. Immediately after my 10 minute telephone interview with the recruiter, he emailed to inform me that I was moving on to the next round of telephone interviews. My second interview was with a part-time interviewer who worked in consulting at Accenture for 7 years before going out on maternity leave. The second interview was the most formal of the three, and consisted mainly of the interviewer asking me questions like "Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group that had conflicting viewpoints." Within one hour of hanging up the phone with this second interviewer, I was informed that I was going to move on to the third and final interview. The third interview was scheduled for me, and was a 6 hour event, rather than being at my convenience. The first 3 hours of the day consisted of a presentation about Accenture, including the corporate structure, promotion criteria, benefits, and a question-and-answer session with a few current analysts. It was at this time that I met several people who ended up being in my training class. I would definitely recommend asking as many questions as possible throughout the entire interview process, as the company culture requires an inquisitive and outgoing personality. The next 3 hours of the day were 1:1 interviews with managers and executives in the company (that were actually only about 45 minutes each). These two interviews were extremely casual and really were more of a "conversation" than a "formal interview." The dress for the final interview was business casual. About a week and a half later, I was contacted by my recruiter to let me know that I had an offer. He told me the salary, the vacation days and benefits, and gave me 2 weeks to accept the offer as well as a choice of two start dates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group that had members with conflicting viewpoints and explain what you did.   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had to give a presentation to someone that you knew didn't agree with you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

From what I understand, salary is not really very negotiable for new Analysts; it's basically the same for everyone. I would say the most important thing to consider is truly how good of a match is Accenture for you, and how well do you feel you fit into the corporate culture.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Sacramento, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied back in October and wasn't contacted until April via e-mail from a regional recruiter. The first interview was over the phone, no more than 20-30 minutes. This was mainly a getting-to-know you, and my interviewer asked me to describe/summarize my resume, and also asked me what I knew about Accenture and this position.

After 2 days, I got an email from my original recruiter that I would have a 2nd phone interview. This interview was a little longer, 35-40 minutes, and was behavioral. She asked specific questions about situations I have been in the past, and how I handled/dealt with them. She wanted SPECIFICS, and would probe further if I wasn't getting specific enough. She gave me fair warning that she would "probe" for specifics and that it wasn't a bad thing if she did--she just wanted the experiences and to find out how I handled them.

After another few days, my original recruiter informed me that I passed, and that the next interview was an in-office interview in San Francisco. This was a 3 hour experience that included two separate 1:1 interviews (both behavioral, like the 2nd phone interview), along with a presentation from Accenture about the company, benefits, etc. There was also a very causal question/answer/get-to-know you session with experienced analysts and consultants with a catered lunch. It was really nice!

After the office interview I had to wait a week before I got an offer via email from my original recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were faced with a decision about something where you didn't have all the information you needed.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation that you would say is one of the most difficult things you've had to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

Interview

Applied in February but was not contacted for an interview until April , promptly set up my first interview (phone interview). The phone interview was basic resume questions as well as why I am interested in the position. A few awkward silences because the interviewer was writing down as I talked so it seemed a bit too quiet. However, It went pretty well and 2 days later I was contacted for my 2nd interview which they told me would be situational and again over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

My initial communication started with an interview at a career fair. I spoke with a recruiter there about the company and the opportunities that were available. I was invited to return to the booth a few hours later for a screening interview. This was very quick and routine. About a week after the career fair I received a call to schedule a phone interview. This was more indepth. I was asked about 4 or 5 situational questions such as to describe a situation where I led a team and completed a task with unclear instructions. The following week I received another call inviting me to a third round, in person interview. This consisted of a 1 1/2 hour informational presentation about the company. The presentation was followed by two 45 minute interviews by senior managers. These interviews where more like friendly conversations. I was asked about 2 situational questions in each and the rest of the time was spent discussing what to expect and addressing questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to complete a task with instructions that were unclear?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to debug something. How did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt that the initial offer was very competitive and even exceeded my expectations. I did not feel that I needed to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with an employee (not HR) and was basically just talking about the company and some of the things on your resume. I had very few questions asked and really just talked more about the company and position
    The second interview was behavioral based and was fairly tough. It was only 3 questions but she delved into my answers very deeply and asked why I did certain things at X point, why did I think that would be best, etc.
    The third interview was an office visit and interview with 2 senior execs who asked similar questions fromt he first two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to rely on someone and they did not come through for you, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The first round is basically just going over your resume. The second round consists of specific behavior questions. Overall, the experience was good. While waiting in the lobby, they have young consultants sit there and chat with you, which made the company more personable.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2009.

Interview

Have only had the first round so far, was very brief and was only asked a few questions about my resume, the rest of the time we just talked about Accenture and my interviewer's position. Before the official interview starts, two employees come out and you can ask them questions for a few minutes so make sure you have some good questions thought of. Got called for second round which will be later this week.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked during the first round was about my resume and specific things on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Dallas, TX) in September 2007.

Interview

Interview was all done remotely and over the phone. The first interview was simple going over my resume with the basic questions such as aspirations, goals, etc. The second interview--the behavioral interview--was much harder, especially for a recent college graduate. It is highly recommended to prepare thoroughly for the behavioral-type interview. From what I was told, the third interview, which I did not get to, was a 1:1 interview with a local manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you personally made a difference   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of when you disagreed with a decision that someone with authority made.   Answer Question
    • Describe the toughest problem you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had more work than you felt you could manage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in November 2008.

Interview

I first interviewed during the on-campus interview process. Through the university job website I submitted my resume and cover letter for review. After a few days I was informed that I had proceeded past the initial screening for the first round of interviews. The first interview was on campus and was approximately 30 minutes long. It was pretty basic and consisted of the interviewer (who was an Accenture partner) going through my resume in some detail and asking me questions about previous experience, projects, courses, educational curriculum and other activities. I was then given time to ask my own questions about the company, people, job, etc. I was told that I would be informed if I would be invited for a second round interview later that day.

A few hours later I got a call indicating that I would have a second interview the next day. The second round interview was a behavioral interview, during which the interviewer (another partner) gave me difference scenarios and asked me to describe different situations in my past educational or professional experiences in which I had faced or how I dealt with those scenarios. For example, "Describe a time or situation in the past where you have had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome?" and "Describe an experience in which you have made a difference by playing a leadership role?" The interview lasted for a bit over an hour, during which I was asked to describe atleast 4-5 different experiences, focusing on my role during each on. Again I was given time at the end to ask my own questions. Afterwords, I was asked if I would be available on a certain date about 2 weeks later.

About a week later, I believe, I was informed that I would have a third round of interviews on that date; I was told that the interviews would be at the Accenture offices and the day would be about 4-5 hours. I wasn't really given any other details. I was instructed to fill out the official online Accenture application. I was also called during that week through by a Senior Consultant to just chat and ask any questions I had about Accenture, the hiring process, culture, the people, work-life, and anything else I wanted to talk about. During the actual third round interview we (about 4 other people being interviewed) were invited to the Accenture offices and were greeted by the regional recruiter/HR person, and 2 other current Accenture analysts/consultants who had recently joined Accenture (worked there about 1 year). We sat down to lunch and were given a presentation about what it was like to work at Accenture, the benefits, the training program, travel, perks, etc. It seemed like a formal overview likely shown during recruiting sessions or to recent hires, but since it was such a small group the actual presentation style was pretty informal and we were encouraged to ask questions during the presentation. After lunch and the presentation each one of us met with 2 more partners for 2 separate interviews. There were several interviewers as all 5 of us were being interviewed simultaneously. The 2 interviews were also behavioral interviews with similar experiential types of questions but these interviews were longer (about 1 hour 20 minutes each) and with more time dedicated to my questions. At the end of this the HR person said we'd here from them within 2 weeks.

Three days later I got a call indicating that they were offering me a position but not in any of my preferred locations; the offer was only verbally indicated at this time. "Negotiations" relating to location went on for about 2-3 weeks until I finally got my written offer.

Interview Questions

• How have you delt with unexpected situations or problems in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate location. I wasn't really able to negotiate base salary too much, however I was able to negotiate my relocation bonus based on location. The only advice that I would offer is that don't settle for whatever location/office they want to stick you in. If there is not enough demand in your preferred locations (they will ask you for your top 3 in your interviews and in the online application), HR will try to stick you wherever there is an opening. If you are completely flexible where you live (ie. anywhere they have an office in the US) then that is fine, but if not then know where there offices are and work with your recruiter to have them scope out location options where you could see yourself.

Systems Integration Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Interview

There were two rounds of on-campus interviews. The first interview was performed by employees who have a few years of experience and it was mostly talking about myself and my previous experiences (resume-based). The same night I had the first interview, I received a phone call to schedule the second round interview and it happened in the same week. The second round interview was conducted by a higher level consultant who seemed to be at around a manager status in the firm (not an executive). This interview was longer and had more questions regarding specific cases in your past experiences. I was informed I passed both rounds a week later by the campus recruiter and I scheduled a final round office visit a month or two after the interview. The final round had two interview sessions with Accenture executives who had relatively casual interview questions and it seemed that these sessions were more meant for the executives to get to know me more personally. Accenture consultants who are relatively new to the company did a short powerpoint presentation about all of the aspects of Accenture and the HR recruiter presented some basic offer package information without specific numbers.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a recent project or event in which you were presented with a difficulty and explain how you went about this problem (took leadership).   Answer Question