Accenture Systems Integration Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Systems Integration Consultant Interview Questions

2.9

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Interview

Pretty typical interview process, utilizing STAR method. They ask you a lot about the experiences that you list on your resume.

Interview Questions

• There are various brain teasers, such as the classic bucket-filling question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met Accenture at a Career Fair (was looking for them all over and found ten or so minutes before the career fair would end for the day), got an onsight 1st interview for the next day.
                - This will be a screening to get to know you, your attitude, resume, working with teams, and Why Accenture (crucial question for all three steps)
    After one business week I was told I would be moved to the second round. This round was long (1 hour exactly and I was only able to ask one questions because it seemed as if after the one hour the interviewer had other commitments). This interview is completely behavioral so have atleast 3 stories memorized that you can talk about IN DETAIL in regards to team work and how YOU handled things; even though they dont instruct this way but STAR method is best.
    Questions were?
    - Name a time you were a part of a project or something for an extended amount of time (perhaps a project you were apart of from start to finish
    - Tell me about a time you depended one somebody for information (or in general) and they didnt come through
    - Name a time where you had a lot of information and how did you handle it

I spent atleast 15 minutes on each question so i can minimize the amount of questions interviewer would ask because more and more questions can get repititive
    So we ended with the why Accenture (this was also indirectly asked in the very beginning as well) + one question I asked and the hour was over

3 busniess days later I was informed I would be moving to the 3rd round a week later (all expense trip to DC location)

Started with the 1.5-2 hour presentation from 4 current analyst (very nice very laid back)

Then the interview part; first with manager, then with senior manager (have ALOT of questions prepared, ALOT)

First interview:
    Asked 2 typical behavioral questions (something like general team work skills, and the wierd questions of name a time things went down South; I was completely in a blank...after all you are trying to impress them...right?)
    My key in this interview was that I kept asking more and more and more questions about the managers experience and about Accenture to steer away from traditional annoying behavioral questions
    ....oh yea and WHY ACCENTURE??? (and are you ok with traveling)

Second interview: (was alot more formal and frightening)
    Asked like 5 behavioral questions
    - Had conflict with co-worker
    -Unexpected problem and how did you solve
    - A couple others
    - Why Accenture
    - Ok with traveling?
    - Location

tried to ask same amount of questions but because this interview was so much more formal then the previous one I felt like a panicked a bit

....I thought i blew the interview so much...but I got an offer 5 business days later (All praise is to God)

Hope this helps
    Be confident but not arrogant
    Know your stories and the company
    Be proactive

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were on a project and things went completely South   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary: Great
    Relocation bonus: Not so good, but being out of college leaved little room for complaining and lots for being thankful

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewed out of undergrad. Conducted initial screening interview on campus, then had a behavioral interview that was conducted via phone (there was a massive snow storm, so I believe this was supposed to be completed face to face), and then had a final interview with a local senior executive. The final interview was the easiest of them all, I believe they do it to ensure you will fit in culturally...but I am not sure that they still do this currently.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all the standard behavioral questions. Upon reflection, it was one of the easier interview processes I have ever gone through, which is slightly disappointing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. That was at a time when other students had tried to negotiate and had their offers pulled. Accenture was my best offer by far, so I didn't risk it.

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Then was invited to the office for a half day that included a presentation of Accenture with current consultants and two interviews with senior managers. The two in person interviews were behavioral and left plenty of time for questions. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary: why you want to work for Accenture, why consulting, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online via my university's career site and then got a 30 min time slot for an interview at our career center, pretty much a resume walk through. Got an email the next day to come in for an hour long behavioral interview which was tough due to how detail-oriented it was. I would say think of very concrete examples in your experience that you can go in depth on to the interviewers because they will want to know more and more.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you had to implement a system/program/etc that wasn't received well?   Answer Question

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

I was interviewed at my university first and then a second interview via phone (in place of an in person interview because of weather conditions). I was invited to a third interview at the office - which was more of an information session. I have heard that if you get invited to the third interview that it means that you have the job and they are really just checking to make sure you show up and look presentable.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I was very surprised. Other interviews were a lot more in depth and harder.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only able to negotiate signing(moving) bonus

Systems Integration Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Started out with a generic phone interview about my resume. Got invited for a second phone interview that was behavioral that was a little more tough, but not anything unusual. Do not be afraid to pause for a minute to think. Between questions I found it useful to talk about non-interview questions to get a personal connection with the interviewer

Interview Questions

• Describe something you have been a part of developing from start to finish.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

I scheduled an interview with the company during the National Society of Black Engineers convention. From my experience it was very disorganized. The interview was delayed by more than 2 hours due to my interview not being present, then the stand in interview was obviously not prepared and did not even have a list of questions

Interview Questions

• what types of consulting do they do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Austin, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website for a position in Austin. I was contacted pretty quickly by an HR Manager to set up a screening phone interview. This consisted of basic questions about your background/resume to ensure that you're not a psycho. Then, there was a second phone interview with an executive. They accidentally scheduled my interview at the same time as another applicant and the executive called me personally to apologize and reschedule. This interview was a little more in depth-background, personality traits, experience. Lasted about 45 minutes. They seemed very interested in harvesting bright young minds regardless of experience. I was informed a few days (maybe a week) after that interview via email that I had been chosen for the final round interview in Houston. According to reviews I'd seen on this website, most people said if you make it to the third round, you are "set" and they will be trying to sell you the company rather than the other way around, so needless to say, I was optimistic. They flew me to their office in Houston, I was in a group of 5 applicants and we sat through an hour-long presentation on the company given by one of their consultants and lunch was provided. Then, we were individually taken into separate manager offices to have our 1:1 interviews. Both were straight forward-career goals, experiences in college, a lot of small talk and finding things in common. This happens twice, then you are let go for the day. The whole process lasted about 3 hours. I was EXTREMELY optimistic coming out of the interview. Everything seemed to have gone as well as I think it could have, but I received a dreaded email a few days later saying I had not been chosen. Still curious as to what happened..I emailed the manager I spoke to and asked for feedback that I could use for future interviews but received no reply.

Interview Questions

• Seeing as I have no IT experience whatsoever, the most difficult question had to be "Which system do you see yourself working with and why?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was pretty much seeing how I would work around different people, ah assessment of my personality and how I would fit. This is after they were confident that my resume spoke for itself.

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you were forced to handle a task differently (maybe even inconveniently) and your thought process behind it.   Answer Question