Accenture Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very standard interview process, typical of the industry. There are several rounds of interviews: 1st is with HR to go through your experience, academic background and interests. There are also some behavioral questions. 2nd is with a member of the workforce you are being considered for: You will most likely interview with a Manager and questions are very specific to job experiences. There may be some cases in this stage as well. 3rd is also with a member of the workforce, a more senior one in this case (likely a Senior Manager, but can also be a Managing Director). The interview itself is pretty similar to the 2nd interview. If you pass these rounds, you get invited for an office visit (expenses paid) where you'll meet with several individuals that will assess your fit with the organization.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture.

Interview

Campus recruiting. 1st round interview was a resume review. 2nd round interview was behavioral and 3rd round was another more in depth behavioral interview. The overall interview process was very professional and well organized. There were alumni guiding us throughout the interview process. The interviewers were very nice and approachable as well. Overall good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Four interviews. First was a basic, "Do you know who we are and what we do?" sort of interview. Second was a very standard 'behavioral' type interview. Third and fourth, you're brought in to spend some time with an executive-level employee to do a more general, broad-ranging interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go into detail about specific experiences, classes, and projects that I had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process comprises of 3 steps, an initial screening, experience interview, and on-site interview. There were two recruiters that guided me along the way, one that conducted the screening and gave advice on the other two interview steps, and one that contacted me initially and later gave a presentation during the on-site interview.

1. Initial screening: The recruiter will ask basic questions to gauge your interest in the job and Accenture. Be prepared to answer "why Accenture", "open to relocation", "why consulting", "analytical or project experience", etc. Note that this is an actual step in the process - you can very easily get tossed out at this level.

2. Experience interview: A consulting manager (not one of the recruiters) will ask 2-4 questions on "tell me about a time...". These are to gauge (1) if you have had any of these experiences at all and (2) how you responded to them. Obviously, these will be easier if you have had work/internship or other project experience. The more professional, the better. The ones I were asked were "Tell me about a time your project encountered issues and how did you solve them", and "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with difficult colleagues/clients".

3. On-site interview: Along with other candidates, you will be brought to the local Accenture 'outpost'. I say outpost because, if you have no prior experience with this type of consulting, you will learn that even senior consultants stationed there only come in one or two days a week to work; the other days, they are at the client site. Keep this in mind. You will find the office clean but mostly empty because of this. Having said that, the other recruiter will give a presentation on Accenture and its values - nothing that you cannot find from the website. Afterward, two senior consultants will interview you. One will conduct a more detailed "tell me about a time..." interview (5-8 questions), and perhaps go over your resume. The other senior consultant will engage in a regular conversation and seem casual but they are testing you the entire time. This is to see your personality, whether you have the drive for go-to-client consulting, and also if you have the technical background for this particular position. Personally I would argue that this is the hardest part - passing the technical knowledge screen was much easier. More than once I was warned about the high turnover rate for new consultants because of the hectic lifestyle, as though they thought I couldn't handle it.

The last step is hearing back. You are told that the response will come in two weeks.

Despite what some have said, there's no guarantee just because you made it to the on-site interview. I ended up receiving a rejection within a week; my guess is that they felt I was unable to handle the consulting lifestyle. It was particularly disheartening after going through a 4-month process and knowing that my engineering master's degree and work experience easily passed the technical requirements.

Interview Questions

• The first year turnover rate is 96% for new recruits, do you think you will be able to handle the consulting lifestyle?   1 Answer

Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2013.

Interview

Met them at the career fair after attending on campus event, 3 rounds of interviews.

Round 1 - 20 minute basic personality match check (interests, reason for applying etc.)

Round 2 - Detailed behavioral interview (Standard describe a situation type questions)

Round 3 - 2 behavioral interviews at Accenture office with senior executives. 45 minutes each but questions were asked only for 20-25 minutes. Rest of the time is for the "Do you have any questions" part. Seemed like they were using this to gauge interest and personality fit so it is important to have some good/smart questions here which you can use to show your aptitude/interest.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. Basic behavioral interviews.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was reasonable. I was placed in a major city and I brought up the cost of living, they hinted that no negotiation was possible and I didn't press the issue.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers. These are behavioral interviews -- basically, asking questions about conflict, leadership, etc. Think about a few good stories you have and then relay them. Also, be prepared to ask lots of questions because there is a lot of time at the end. One interview seemed to like to talk about himself, but the other not so much. Basically, engage your interviewers.

I think if you get up to this point, you have a very high chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews - 1 HR interview that took about 30 minutes, 1 phone interview (about 2 hrs), and 1 in-person interview that lasted about half a day. The last interview included lunch with other candidates and non-interviewing employees.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work in a team and you disagreed with a team member   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

First Round - Straight forward phone interview. Asked to discuss my resume.
    Second Round - Behavioral interview with a manager via phone. Very long, but easy.
    Third Round - Site Visit. Easy. Very informal and unorganized.

Interview Questions

I received an offer the same day that I interviewed. Accenture very much wanted me to start less than 2 weeks from my offer date - they even offered me a substantial bonus to do so. I found this to be very unprofessional because I couldn't give my current company two weeks notice. I also felt very pressured by this. After agreeing on a later start date, I asked for some additional time to make a decision because I had another, competitive offer. The response from Accenture was no. Their lack of flexibility and understanding in how big of a decision this was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back. I felt very pressured to say yes, and I also wonder - why is Accenture ALWAYS hiring? Lots of turnover which makes me think it's not the most enjoyable job. I said no and I am very glad that I did.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Three-rounds of interviews. First was on campus, super simple. My second interview was also on campus with a different manager. Also simple, straight forward behavioral interview questions. Third round was at local office (Atlanta) and it lasted half a day. We viewed presentations by other analysts and could ask questions. Discussed benefits, salaries, and general company info and opportunities. There were two interviews this day with managers and senior managers. Again, very simple questions. No coding, no case studies, no technical questions... It was just very easy! Know your resume, be able to communicate your desires/expectations from the company, elaborate (STAR method) on experiences, and be natural! Be professional, but let your personality show too. Accenture culture seems pretty laid-back compared to other consulting firms I've interacted with. Not Google or Facebook laid-back, but as relaxed as a consulting firm can be. Still have to wear a suit to the interview though =) Good luck!

Interview Questions

• None. Just Google typical behavioral interview questions. No coding, no case studies, nothing technical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated start date (got first choice, pushed date back by five months b/c I needed a break after graduation. They wanted me to start the following week! Umm, no!). Also negotiated location (first choice. Offer initially in Atlanta, moved to Houston, where there are a LOT more projects). Did not attempt salary negotiation, but I wish I had.

Systems Integration Consultant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online for an entry level Management consulting position. I have an MBA and three years of finance experience. An HR rep contacted me approximately 3 weeks later asking if I would be interested in a position in Systems Integration despite the fact that I have no technology background. I responded, "Yes of course, I can learn anything I put my mind to." True statement.

1st Interview:
    A week later, I was contacted by HR for a phone screening; you go over your resume, etc. They are just trying to make sure you are who you say you are.

2nd Interview:
    About 5 days later I had a 30-45 min phone interview with Senior Exec. I found that this was very scripted and really easy if you prepare. RESEARCH the person that is interviewing you! Make a personal connection, build rapport, find commonalities... they will like you and remember you. From my experience, this will be your (only) time to sell yourself and brag about your accomplishments. Review the questions on Glassdoor that are already listed. Each question I was given was on this site.

3rd Interview:
    Finally, 4 months after my initial HR screening, Accenture flew me to DC and put me in a hotel. The final round started at 8:30am and there were about 15 other candidates in my group. We stared with a 1 hr. presentation with consultants (very laid back), followed by two 1hr back-to-back interviews with manager/sr. exec. To be honest, the last two interviews completely caught me off-guard; these interviews are simply a conversation, I was hardly asked anything. The first guy didn’t know my background or anything about me. Compared to previous interviews, I was not impressed in the slightest. I left feeling disappointed that I wasn't "drilled" as hard as I would have liked; difficult questions give you your time to shine!
    So again, do your RESEARCH. Come prepared with many (intelligent) questions to ask, know what the senior exec's do on a daily basis, even look into which specific projects they are currently working on, they will be impressed! Just simply be able to hold a meaningful conversation. LISTEN to them and be able to provide thoughtful, clever, and quick feedback. Shoot, stroke their egos… all you have to do is get them to like you! They are only testing your interpersonal and communication skills.

Review:
    After the final interview I flew home the same day (Thursday), emailed my recruiter to thank her, and asked when I would hear back. I was told either Friday or Monday. So I waited, waited, sent another email on Wednesday (I had another offer pending) and then finally was contacted on Thursday with the news that Accenture would not be able to hire me due to my LACK of TECHNICAL experience. Irritating? Very much so. The fact that I took time from my current job and studies to curtail to this unorganized interview process and fly to DC for such a response, or lack there of. Thankfully I had already accepted the other position before I received Accenture’s call.

So kids, there is my story, good luck! Accenture is a very good company to work for, just not for me or for my career path. Remember: research, study, and listen. If Accenture has come to you, your career/school accomplishments have already spoken for themselves; the goal now is to get them to like you!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time....

All teamwork and leadership based questions.
      Answer Question