Accenture Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Systems Integration Consulting Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

I submitted a referral from a friend way back in October, and finally heard back in later December (right before Christmas Time). That's when it all began. There were 3 rounds.

1st Round: Phone Screening (20-30mins). Basically to see if I knew what I was applying for, what the job consist of and a little bit about my background. It helps to prep on the ACN website, and review your resume for experience that would be great for SI. Found out a week later I advanced, and scheduled the 2nd round a week after that.

2nd Round: Phone Behavioral Interview (~45mins). This was probably the "hardest" part of the interview process. After a brief background check and questions like why Accenture? It was your basic "tell me about a time when.." For example. Tell me a time when you worked in a group setting, when you have conflict within the group, when something unexpected happened in the midst of a project, when you had to be creative. Definitely prep yourself. Go over your resume and other past experience and just think about different situations, how you approached/solved the problem, and how it would relate back to the position. Week later, got a call for the 3rd round. Scheduled for a month later.

3rd Round: On-Site Interviews (~3hrs). Group presentation given by current analyst followed by 2 1:1 Interviews with Managers and Seniors followed by a really chill lunch with the analyst and other interviewers. This was much more laid back than I expected. They were very accommodating and nice. Advice. come prepared just like the second interview and just be yourself. The 2nd 1:1 interviewing manager was specifically looking for personality, composure, leadership, and ability to work with others. Just know and be yourself. Heard back exactly 1 week later that I got the job. That phone call, they go over a rough synopsis of your offer, so listen carefully.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where something went wrong, and you had to use your gut feeling to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The package was very competitive, and they also took into account my master degree, unlike some other companies.

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied to on-campus posting and was invited for an on-campus interview in October.

First interview: On-campus interview with a manager. Relatively easy questions such as: Why Accenture, why consulting, what does SI Analyst do, previous work experience, and extracurricular activities.

Second interview: Phone interview with a senior manager. About 4-5 behavioral/situational questions. After your answer, they will ask additional followup questions to get more details.

Final interview: On-site interview with 2 senior managers. Each interview was 45 minutes and was a mix of the first two interviews. Several casual questions such as: why Accenture. And several behavioral. All in all, this had a casual setting and the conversations were built off of your questions.

The entire process was very lengthy (3-4 months) but included Thanksgiving, and Xmas holidays.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, but if you get a behavioral question that you do not have an answer to, don't be afraid to say so and ask for another.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

Applied through my school's career services center (resume drop), as well as applied on Accenture's website. I was informed that I met the qualifications via e-mail and was invited to a 1st round 30 minute interview. This interview is very basic, and you'll run through your resume for a little bit. Interviewer asked what I did outside of class, e.g., part-time work, extracurriculars, hobbies, etc. Just sound interested in the position and be able to articulate why you want to be in consulting as opposed to another type of job.

I was informed about a week later that I had made it to the 2nd interview. This is the "situational behavior" interview, i.e., "Tell me about a time when...". I personally hate these interviews usually, but the one with Accenture I felt was much less formal and intimidating than with other companies. The situations were tailored to my resume so I had an answer for everything, and it was much more conversational than scripted. Just think about difficult experiences that you can talk about from your resume and be yourself. There weren't any key questions like in the final interviews, it was more along the lines of "so did you ever encounter a difficult situation?" Also ask questions at the end. The actual interview part for me lasted maybe a half hour, even though I was given 45 minutes, so have questions on hand for the end.

I was informed maybe 2-3 days later that I made it to the 3rd & Final Round Office Visit. Don't believe what you read when people say "Oh if you made it to this round, you're pretty much in!" No. It begins with about an hour long presentation from current consultants about particulars about Accenture, benefits, etc. Ask maybe 1 or 2 questions to show you're paying attention. Following that, you have two back-to-back 45 minute interviews with senior managers. These, in my opinion, were actually more formal and scripted than the 2nd interview even though others have said they were more relaxed. Have an example about when you took a leadership role in a project. Have an example about when someone wasn't working well on your team, and what you did. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. I thought the interviews went great, so I was surprised to receive a rejection email about a week later. I can't tell you what I did wrong since they don't provide feedback. It seems like a great company to work for though!

There were no case questions. All behavioral/basic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took a leadership role on a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a team member wasn't pulling his or her weight   Answer Question
    • What do you do outside of school   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in June 2012.

Interview

First interview was very straight forward - asked to describe my activities in the last four years, why I wanted to go into the business world with an engineering degree, why Accenture, etc...
    Second interview was also fairly straight forward - set up a phone interview with a senior exec on the HR team to talk about different situations and how I handled them.
    Received confirmation of third round in office interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had 3 in-person 1 on 1 interviews at the Accenture office in San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• What books have you read lately?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate pay.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

I interviewed during my Senior Year in College to enter Accenture as a Consulting Analyst. The interview process 3 steps, the first interview is a short, 30 screening interview to discuss your resume, skills, background, the second interview is the normal 1 hour behavioral interview. If you make it past the second interview, the likely hood you get the job is pretty good. The last interview, a confirming interview, was in office with a senior manager/executive. The last interview is a combination of behavioral and screening. They're just trying to figure out who you are.

Interview Questions

• How did you feel when you encountered a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry level position, not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

First round on campus, basic 30 minute behavioral interview - I believe a good amount of people made it through this round.

Second round interview at local office branch - much much more in depth behavioral and project-based questions, more about my though process about how and why I chose to act in certain roles in specific projects. Most difficult round by far.

Final round interview also at local office branch - extensive presentation about culture, benefits, perks, more specifics about the job, etc. Followed by 2 interviews with senior personnel and lunch. This was more relaxed than I had anticipated and a much smaller group of people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is the most overrated candidate quality?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when things went off track during a project your worked on. Give me brief background of your role and how you went about finishing the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Blacksburg, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

2 interviews on campus followed by 1 in-office interview. The on-campus interviews were very straight forward with the first being a basic personality interview, and the second digging deeper into technical skills and making sure you would be a good fit for Accenture. The in-office interview in DC was more of a formality. You meet with an executive and have a general conversation where they make sure you are comfortable in a 1-on-1 setting with an executive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked on a group project, what was your role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your technical skills, in which way have you applied them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Columbus, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

My resume sat online for 4-5 months before I was contacted, and by that point I had nearly forgotten about applying - but from what I gathered they tend to hire in large groups. Once I was contacted, I had a quick "resume walkthrough" phone interview and then a 90 minute situational interview within a week. The next week I flew to an office for a presentation and a couple of in-person interviews. The offer came a few days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves were straightforward - "tell me about a time when you" kind of questions, but the difficulty was in all the follow up questions. I think I was asked 5 or 6 follow up questions about some relatively simple situations. It seemed like the interviewer was pushing me for unnecessary details just to see how I reacted under pressure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Denver, CO) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a very pleasant interviewing experience overall. There were three stages in my case (and it sounds like in most cases):

1st round: Phone interview, resume review
    I applied in mid-May and received an email asking to set up a time for a phone interview in mid- to late-June. The interviewer was an HR person on the east coast. The questions were easy since I knew my resume like the back of my hand. Be able to talk for at least 5 minutes about each thing that is on your resume. Don't bore them, either. For this interview, the HR rep basically asks you to go into more detail about things on your resume.

2nd round: Phone interview, behavioral analysis (two weeks later)
    We've all had plenty of these before. "Tell me about a time when you failed, and what did you do about it?" A lot of those questions (four or five). There are TONS of example questions on plenty of websites; spend a few hours looking these up. Recall all of your experiences, and which ones would be useful for popular questions. Don't write a script - but have a general idea of where you can go for examples. This time the HR person was from Chicago (their central US office) I believe.

3rd round: On-site interview (two weeks later)
    I was flown to a site other than Denver to interview, since there were closer locations to where I was living. Also, the location I visited had the soonest interview date set. The entire process was about 4-5 hours - two 1:1 interivews with executives of the company (much more laid back than the phone interviews, but they still asked a couple of behavioral questions each), and a more casual presentation given by an analyst and a consultant. It was nice to ask questions with two people who had just been through what I was going to go through. I hear that typically there are 5-10 candidates at each of these sessions, but I was only there during the morning session with one other candidate. Not that it really matters too much; the interviews are 1:1 anyway.

I received a call from the Denver recruiter extending an offer the next business day. The starting salary and signing/relocation bonuses were very generous, especially considering I was just out of college.

Overall tips:
    1.) PREPARE! These interviews are a piece of cake if you know your resume, practice behavioral interview questions and answers, and are a clean, polite, friendly person.
    2.) ASK QUESTIONS! Right before my on-site interview the recruiter I met with flat out told me that the interviewers love questions. Enough said. Just know what questions you should and shouldn't ask.

Accenture seems like the perfect place to work if you like to put the work in and be rewarded for it (read: bonuses/promotions). And you have to like to travel. Good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was very happy with the conditions of the offer, and didn't feel a need to negotiate.