Accenture Technology Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Accenture Technology Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Accenture

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

First round: 30-45 minute in person screen - Why should we hire you over someone else?
Second round : Behavioral
Third: At HQ - Did not make it that far, but was told that it would be technical and more behavioral aspects. You would meet with HR as well.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture in October 2014.

Interview

I went through university recruiting. Applied on Callisto, the UC Berkeley job portal, and was asked to come in for an on-campus interview that was one on one. Then, I was selected for the next round. The next round was supposed to be an in-office interview, however the staff was not in the office and it got changed into a phone interview. The phone interview was a bit lengthy, a full hour, with very large behavior case questions.

Interview Questions

• Presented cases about behavioral examples in the workplace   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Ithaca, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen, where I answered some basic questions regarding my interest in working for Accenture and some of the extracurricular activities I did as a student. After I passed that, I gave a phone behavioral/experience interview. There, I was grilled about my general experience doing consulting work. For example, I was asked about one time I had to manage a very large amount of data, or about one time I managed a project to meet a deadline.

Interview Questions

• I personally had a really tough time with the latter interview because my background is in mechanical engineering, so most of my experience was not really applicable to consulting or technology. The interview was supposed to be an hour long, but it ended after about 40 minutes because I basically ran out of things to talk about. I think an operations research major would be more adequately prepared for an entry-level interview with Accenture.   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied for the job through the university's career center job postings and about a week later got an on-campus interview with Accenture. There was a pre-interview night that was very pleasant and relaxing. I got to talk with the alumni of the university that now work for Accenture, and everyone I talked to were friendly and informative. The interview had the typical questions you would see in any interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed at campus and then 3 rounds at the corporate office.

Had better offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I just completed my three-step process for Accenture interview. I will give some details that might help someone in my shoes. I applied at the Accenture website and was contacted by a recruiter in Chicago. She emailed me and asked from my transcripts, as this was an entry-level position. She schedule me for a first round interview with her.

1st round – 20 min interview and mainly talked about my resume. One of the questions she asked was about my extracurricular activities as a student and what was my role in it. Also, What type of research I had done about Accenture. She emailed and confirmed the second round interview the same day (within couple of hours).

2nd round- this is a situation round and they want us to describe specific situations. It mainly had 4 situational questions with multiple follow-up questions for each situation. Each of the situational questions are divided in areas such as teamwork, difficult problem, conflict in a team and meet deadlines. My recommendation is to read all the questions on glass door and write down the answers for it. It really helped me prepare for it. In 3-4 business days I got the confirmation that I have passed this round and would need to fly down to Chicago for an in-person interview.

3rd round – First hour is a lunch and learn session with senior consultants giving insights into the company. It covered areas such as company history, core values, benefits, clients, career counselors, mentors, training, etc. After that I had two 1X1 round interview with senior manager. The first manager I talked to was not very friendly and asked me a lot of questions. I mainly talked about my projects, teamwork, meeting deadlines, etc. Pretty much I gave the same answers I did in my second round. The questions were very similar to second round. The second manager I interviewed with was very friendly and it was so much of fun. He pretty much asked the same questions about the areas I mentioned earlier. Both of them gave me around 15 min to ask questions to them. Make sure these questions are well thought out and should revolve round technology consulting and the company.

Another important tip – The questions on this site under Accenture interview questions are very similar to what they ask in the interview, so make sure you write down the answers for each one of them.

Overall, the interview experience was excellent. I wish other companies follow their lead on how to conduct interviews. They are very professional in dealing with their candidates.

I have not received a job offer yet but eagerly waiting for a response! Hopefully it’s a positive one!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked in a team?
      Did anyone have a conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Extensive and you need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation and problem solving questions related to your field of work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Very straightforward, though very plastic, pre-packaged and insincere at times. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work at Accenture.   1 Answer

Better job offer; not sure I'd fit in with the culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Overall the experience was pretty good. The interviewers in Philadelphia were nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced adversity and how you worked around it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied via website for a position in Washington D.C. I received a phone call a few days later, which was a simple resume/phone screen. Second interview was more in-depth. About 4-5 questions simple behavioral questions that led into further details depending on your response. A few days later I received a phone call from my initial recruiter inviting me to the final round interview in Chicago, IL. They flew me over and covered all expenses. Put up in Hard Rock Hotel, which was awesome. The next morning, there were three other candidates. They believed that if we made it this far (to the final round), we were pretty much in as long as we maintained our composure as we did during the second round. The third round interview consisted of a short ice breaker, breakfast, an hour long presentation about Accenture, and two interviews 1:1 with managers/executives. My first interview was extremely relaxed, it was more like a conversation than anything. My second interview was similar to the second round interview but barely as in-depth. Ask questions to show that you're interested! I can't remember any questions, sorry!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was competitive

Also, even though I applied for the D.C. Metro area with a position in the Data Entry group, I was placed in New York Metro area in another group. So I think as long as you make it there and they want you, you will get your #1 location.