Accenture Technology Consulting Analyst Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Accenture Technology Consulting Analyst Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for a new grad position from Accenture’s careers website. After a HR phone screen I was flown out to Chicago for three interviews. All the interviews were just normal conversations to gage how interact with people/clients. Questions were all situational to see how you would handle a problem.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straight forward, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For an offer to upcoming college graduates there is no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Accenture

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

It is a typical 3-round interview. If it doesn't take place on campus, the first two will be over the phone, with the third in person. The first one is easy -- they just ask about your work experience and get to know you a little. The second is the important one -- they ask you detailed scenario questions about your work experience and hypothetical situations. eg -- so you managed a team, how would you have dealt with the problem of someone not pulling their weight? or -- so you developed a website, what steps did you take to ensure user security? and so on... The third interview, you go to the local office and meet with two or more executives (one at a time). They re-ask some interview questions. Expect a psychological curveball (ie - not paying attention to you, or annoyed by you, or rude... your behavioral response is being examined)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had very ambiguous direction, but still had to deliver in a set time frame.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate salary... don't bother. Their figures are set in stone, and if you don't accept, there are HUNDREDS waiting in line to take your offer. Keep in mind that there are many perks that come along with working for Accenture (ie corporate discounts, airfare perks, hotel perks, etc) that seem to add up well.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I was first approached by a recruiter at my school's career fair. We talked for a bit and she scheduled an interview for the next day with a Sr. Manager in the company. At that interview we just talked for about an hour about me and my interest in consulting and technology. She seemed to be looking for "consulting types;" mostly Type A personalities that can hold a conversation without letting it become awkward. She called me about an hour after the interview and told me I made it to the second round which would be held at the same place the next day. So I returned and this time had an hour long interview with a Senior Executive (accenture's version of a partner). We talked about my resume for a few minutes and then he started asking questions about my interests in technology and finance. We seemed to hit it off so he invited me to a happy hour he was holding with a few other accenture people at a local bar and told me that I had one more round to go just to introduce me to other Senior Executives at accenture. The final round was held in Washington, D.C. which is several hundred miles away from my school and the office for which I was interviewing. I spoke with three more Senior Executives from different concentrations and it seemed like I was interviewing them more than anything else. At the end of the day one of the recruiters asked me which group I was most interested in and sent me an offer.

Interview Questions

• (At the very beginning of the final round of interview) Ask me anything. This interview is designed for you to get to know accenture.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through how you decided to be a consultant and not a high school teacher.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiations are difficult. They will likely tell you that all compensation is based upon a formula that takes into account your school, major, and experience. The best (and possibly only) way to get accenture to budge on the initial offer is to ensure one of the Senior Executives from your interviews really likes you and you should contact them about concerns with the compensation. I was able to successfully negotiate a 15% bump in salary and a 20% bump in signing bonus. I have heard some people were successful by walking away from the offer only to be called back later, but I wouldn't suggest that in this economic environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Chicago, IL) in October 2008.

Interview

The interview process was extremely smooth. Results of the first two rounds were given promptly. The questions asked were very fair and were focused on starting a conversation, not just seeing how you acted in certain conditions. Although the questions were generic, the interviewers did a good job of using the questions to start a discussion. All of the questions were the generic behavioral type. During the third round, the questions were more focused on what you would like to do and where you see yourself fitting into the organization. Usually, most people who make it to the third round get an offer. With the economy sour, a decision was never made for me. I was told that decisions were being delayed for the time being. I assume they do this in case they are able to hire they can give out offers. After about three months of waiting, I accepted another offer. The people at Accenture were really friendly and seemed to enjoy what they are doing. I would definitely consider working there in the future. I just wish they would have given me a decision.

Interview Questions

• Do you realize we don't do engineering here?   2 Answers