Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

239 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA).

Interview

3 phone interviews. One to verify my qualifications, a second interview that was a skills interview and a third interview with a member of the management team. Interviews were about 1 hour in length and about 2 weeks apart.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job
      a review of your skills/qualifications
      when can you start   1 Answer

SME Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture (Fairfax, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by phone and did the initial screening. Was set up for an interview the following week and went very wl. Although I onboarded as a contractor for the project , Accenture has kept in touch and made clear of plans to roll over when time is ready

Interview Questions

• About my federal hr experience in reference to the payroll and personnel systems   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a preliminary call, and then in person interview that lasted 3 hours. Quick turn around - knew the next business day if I had received an offer. Everyone was great to talk to and a very laid back and comfortable interview.

Interview Questions

• Started out with an Analyst interview, then a Specialist, then a Manager   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 separate interviews, with each being used in an elimination fashion in terms of progression:

Interview 1: An hour phone call with an experienced manager working in the technical consulting practice. Mainly resume walkthrough, situational/Behavioral, and communicability assessment. The key to moving beyond this round is to be extremely confident in your experiences/responses and the tailoring of your skills to match those of a consult or client facing associate.

Interview 2: This was a case interview in which I was presented with a very standard case, in which a dairy company based in California was looking to improve revenues and implement new technology changes. The key to these case interview questions is to be structured, poise, and succinct in your solution. I prepared superfluously with online assistance (Case Interview 101, Victor Cheng's Case interview secrets, and Youtube resources), however the establishment of a defined case is not necessarily required. The interview was more of a conversation that led into a rushed case, which was rather forgiving in terms of the rigor of the case response assessment.

Interview 3: This was a confirmation interview with a technical consulting associate, in which was similar in structure to the first interview. If you make it to this point, just be confident and highlight some of your consulting skills - You basically have it secured!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when..........................   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

First round: Online interview with a video response. Typical interview questions about why I wanted to work there and what value I could add to the company.
    Second round: Phone Interview with a manager, dived more into my background and my grad school projects. He was super friendly, and it felt more like a conversation.
    Third round/Super day: Went to the Arlington office, got a brief company background, and had a case interview. The second interview was her going through every single line on my resume and discussing it with me in more detail.

The entire interview process was fairly long because it began at the beginning of winter break and I was traveling, however they were super flexible about scheduling everything.

Interview Questions

• What federal agency would you want to work with?   1 Answer

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone calls with recruiter and one with project manager then an inperson interview that consisted of 4 interviews in rapid succession with different people it was really weird and awkward at times. The 4 interviews all really over lapped and I think they were trying to test the genuineness of my responses

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (College Park, MD).

Interview

It was done in rounds.

I made it through the pre-screen, the behavioral, the case/tech, and the final assessment over two days.
    I thought since I made it to the final assessment I would have a high chance of an offer, but I guess not.

I received my rejection over email the day after the final assessment. I don't know where I messed up to be honest.

Overall, the interviewers were friendly and made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• General questions about how you work in teams.

Your technical experience and what you know.   Answer Question

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

1) Phone screening with HR rep (about 30 minutes)
    2) 4+ hour interview online. (Could not make it to office)
          -4 separate interviews from various levels within the CFM team (About 45 minutes to an hour long with an analyst, Specialist, Manger, CFM Exec.)
          - Interview with the specialist was the skills interview where they ask behavioral questions.
          -They ask you to answer the questions based on past work experience.
          -TAKE NOTES THE WHOLE TIME!!!
          -Ask questions if you don't understand the position.
          - Make sure to study up on Accenture as a whole and why you think the culture is right for you.

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the first interview through an employee referral. I applied specifically for Federal Services.

The process consisted of a phone screening with a recruiter, an online assessment, phone behavioral interview with manager, in person case study with a manager and then a confirming interview (which was like another behavioral interview).The behavioral and case study interviews were in the same week. I received an offer the day after my confirming interview.

For the case study, they gave me a page long scenario that I had 10 minutes to read over and take notes. The manager then asked me to sum up the main issues the client faces in the case (rising revenue but decreasing profit, & attempting a merger after a failed attempt in the past). The manager really helps you stay on track and will guide you toward the right answer (such as: factors you need to consider in order to understand all facets of the root issue and how to move forward). Be sure to highlight any assumptions you're making and ask clarifying questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to balance work/school goals with personal goals?
      Tell me about a time you had to solve an ambiguous problem with little/no guidance? What steps did you take to solve it?
      Tell me about a team success story/failure?
      Why Accenture? What do you know about Accenture?
      What was your favorite class / why?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

On college campus interview. First round behavioral. Second round was the case study. From there if you got past the first round, you got asked back for a case study interview. Process very straight forward. They had events on campus leading up to the interviews. They were all very nice and professional. Interviewer had a computer screen in front of them making it a little awkward to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a group project, what was you role?   Answer Question