Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Technical interview consists a basic understanding of object oriented programming and core HR interview. Both are easy. Received an offer with average salary and a low PTO. Declined the offer as there was a better offer from other company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Accenture?   1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The process began with taking to a recruiter, and then I had a phone interview and a personality test. After that I have been offered to go into the next round of interview which is a case interview and another confirming interview. It was about a week after my first two parts of the interview that I heard back about getting to move on to the case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group. What is a time that you resolved a problem within a group? What do you know about Accenture?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round was a typical resume review, where they just asked you to describe how you have impacted the different groups you were a part of/positions you've held. Second round consisted of 45 minute behavioral interview, and an immediate 45 minute case interview. Case was relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you had to do something without guidance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 Interviews:
    1. Initial Phone Screening with Recruiter.
    2. Phone Technical Interview: very easy questions. He asked me about projects I had done in the past, Object Oriented Languages vs other types of languages.
    3. Skype HR Interview: also easy. He asked about experience with team work, if there were any problems, how did I solve it, did I escalate? What did I know about Accenture.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

3 step interview. Very routine interviews for the first 2 but a lot of thought needs to be put in to the case study part of the interview. The case study part of the interview is extremely difficult if you don't prepare yourself because you are not provided the question till the time of.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best desired candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed through college/university recruiting. I did three back-to-back interviews. 1st was the behavioral interview, 2nd was a case interview and 3rd was the confirming interview. All of my interviewers were so nice and approachable and made the interviewing environment as natural and easy as possible.

Interview Questions

• First and third interviews were the typical fit and behavioral questions: tell me a time when you, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why consulting, why Accenture- types of questions.
      Case interview was a little more difficult, just make sure to practice case questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process is a half hour presentation followed by 2 half hour interviews. One was technical and the other I felt was more just feeling out your personality. In the technical they simply asked me to talk about a project I have worked on in the past and explain my contributions to it. The interviewer would stop me here and there for more detailed explanations but they seemed more concerned with gauging experience rather than technical ability. The HR interview was basically just talking about where I could fit in the company based on what I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that a group member wasn't doing there share of work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application, was flown to one of their offices in the northeastern US. They took care of airfare, lodging, and meal fees. Interview was a day-long affair consisting of two interviews + a Q&A-type conversation with HR. Both were case interviews, with one more concentrated on the behavioral fit + ~15-20 case, while the other case took up the entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Technological solutions for a nonprofit looking to enhance their ability to the help the unemployed find jobs   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral, confirming, case - I enjoyed these three interviews. Case was very abstract and not a typical case.

My experience with the recruiter really turned me off. I was not treated well - the recruiter would not return my phone calls or emails. Nobody else at the firm was of assistance to me. It really showed how I would just be a number at Accenture and totally replaceable. Very unprofessional conduct from the recruiter

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   2 Answers