Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral, confirming, case - I enjoyed these three interviews. Case was very abstract and not a typical case.

My experience with the recruiter really turned me off. I was not treated well - the recruiter would not return my phone calls or emails. Nobody else at the firm was of assistance to me. It really showed how I would just be a number at Accenture and totally replaceable. Very unprofessional conduct from the recruiter

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a screening with current manager. Then invited to an in-person interview. All in about a two month span from applying to the job and then getting an offer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen
    30 min Technical Interview
    30 min HR Interview

My experience with the recruiter was frustrating. The recruiter initially contacted me via text message, asking if I was interested. After showing interest, they sent an email that told me to expect a call between 10-2 the next day and that the interview would be 3 days from now. The email had links to information to review but links were broken and led to pages with old information. I tried to get back in contact with the recruiter to see if they had sent me the wrong information but I didn't get a response. I ended up not getting a call between 10-2, but rather a few hours after the time frame. During the call we discussed Accenture, what I was looking for. and set an interview date(2 weeks later) and time. I was told I would receive a confirmation email later that day. I didn't receive an email and tried to email the recruiter after waiting 5 days. 3 days after that, I called and left a message as I was setting up other interviews on the same day as the discussed interview day. About 5 days before the interview I received an email to confirm my interview appointment and to expect a call between 5-10 on the day before or 2 days before the interview. The awkward call scheduling, the inability to get in contact with the recruiter, and the seeming lack of attention made everything up to this point very annoying.

2 days before the interview, the recruiter called me at a bad time and we rescheduled to call at a set time and day. When we got in contact again, we discussed the interview process, all the material I should know, and all the logistics involved for the day. The recruiter was very helpful and informative. Hopefully, my overall experience was just a one off event.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions, as the recruiter went through what to expect.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed theee times. On the phone my HR, two in persons on the same day. Was offered the job on the spot and was told I would start after the clearance and background check process.

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   2 Answers

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Application was a resume drop, through my school's career services and through Accenture's website.
    4 Part Application process.
    1. Online quiz, behavioral. They give you a set of 108 questions that state a trait, and you have to pick the one you most identify with, even if you don't identify with either or you identify with both.
    2. First round behavioral interview; they just want to get to know you and gauge what you know about the company. Mine was very relaxed, i met the interview the night before at a dinner. But others said their interviewer's expected them to know things on the company's annual report
    3. Second round interview: First of 2 back-to-back interviews; this one is a case study interview, which is relatively new at accenture. Its a mix between the written case and the interviewer led format. THey gave me a case, 10 minutes to read it and gather my thoughts, then the interviewer started to ask me probing questions. I would suggest you you be relaxed, and be able to identify problems quickly and frame your discussion.
    4. Second round interview: Second of 2 back-to-back interviews, this one was really a confirming interview, whereas the first round behavioral was a fit/getting-to-know-you interview. This one was really to see, okay, you wanna work here, we see you have a competitive resume, are you really a good fit for Accenture though?

**The recruiter told me that I did really well, but the interview was recent, so I don't know if I got an offer yet, but if I don't I'll update the post**
    ***I was just notified I didn't receive an offer but I was a top 3 candidate, and only 2 positions were available.***

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Tell me about times you worked on a team, Times you worked under pressure, Also resume directed questions   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (College Park, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

There is a separate technical and behavioral parts to the interview. In the behavioral part, they try to get a sense of what your personality and how you work preferences tendencies (whether you are a team person or you prefer to work by yourself). This is also where you can voice any concerns you have about the job position (to clear any doubts), make your preferences known, let your future employers know anything about your past that they need to know: Disabilities support, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: Technical Question: Tell me about your role in a technical experience (out of those you provided in your resume)?   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process occurred at a target school on campus. Applied via careers website and had a 30 minute screening call. An HR rep asked basic fit questions, was pretty standard.

A few days after this, I went to a pre-interview networking event to meet all the consultants coming to interview (there were around 15). This was very important; it lets you show them your personality and allows you to become comfortable with theirs. I luckily was able to talk with a Senior Principal at this event.

Next came 2nd round: one 45 minute case interview and one 45 minute fit interview. I was fortunate and had the Senior Principal as my interviewer. He gave quite an interesting but difficult case regarding supply chain management (his specialty) and how to prove a company's efficiency. It was very conversational and enjoyable. The fit interview was relatively standard (Why Accenture? Why Consulting? Biggest Failure?) but also had some hard questions (What's the biggest misperception about you? Discuss experiences you did not include on your resume and why?) I received a call that night that I had gotten through to final round, which was the next day.

Final round was a 75 minute case interview/fit interview with a Managing Director and was quite difficult. He structured his case very differently but once I overcame my surprise at the uniqueness, it was an extremely enjoyable experience. After the case was solved, he told me all about his experiences etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: How can we improve the efficiency of this client's supply chain?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Three phases, two online and one with two executives. First phase involved introductory survey, second phase involved technical challenges and the third phase involved a skills and behavioral interview with two senior executives.

Interview Questions

• Describe object oriented programming and give an example of something you have coded.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

30 minute behavioral over the phone followed by two-30 minute interviews on site. The first interview was a case. I had 10 minutes to read and then respond with recommendations. The second was a behavioral with 4-5 typical questions.

The case interviewer seemed disinterested and was typing on his laptop for about 25% of the time. Not a great show for the company. The second interviewer was much more conversational and easy to chat with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to teach a group something new.   Answer Question