Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Had two events on campus. One case study interview workshop and one behavioral interview workshop. Both round interviews were on campus and was back to back. The first round was basic behavioral, barely asked any real questions aside from what's on your resume, just know your resume inside and out, and was honestly a conversation, so do have a purpose. Got a call that evening to come in the next morning for the second round.

In the second round I had which consisted of a case, and then another behavioral. Make sure you study well for the case interview, master the art of MECE and the structure of going through a case study. As far as the behavioral in the second round, it was also conversational, they just want to see what exactly you'd be doing in the company, so again know your resume inside and out! The conversation for both behavioral interviews was mainly focused around my extracurricular activities, that's literally the first thing that stood out to them. But honestly this was a very smooth interview process, I just found it difficult because I didn't perform well.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Conflict in a team
      3. Mainly focused on extracurricular activities; they want someone who sets initiatives for themselves and posses a lot of leadership qualities
      4. Why Accenture/ Consulting
      5. Why your major
      4. CASE: ABC provides supportive services to low income individuals, they need more funding and demand is rising. What do you suggest.   1 Answer

Management Consulting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

On college campus interview. First round behavioral. Second round was the case study. From there if you got past the first round, you got asked back for a case study interview. Process very straight forward. They had events on campus leading up to the interviews. They were all very nice and professional. Interviewer had a computer screen in front of them making it a little awkward to have a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a group project, what was you role?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I went through an expedited application process by attending a conference Accenture was recruiting at. First round interview took place at the conference in an interview booth and was a generic screening interview. I was asked behavioral interview questions such as: when was a time you had to complete a project with little or no direction, do you prefer to work individually or in a team, why Accenture, why consulting, etc.

A little over a week later I heard from a recruiter that I had moved onto the second and final round interview. Accenture flew me to Washington D.C. for the interview. I met with two managers, the first was my case interview and the second was another behavioral. Case interview really depends on your interviewer in my opinion, so I left that interview not sure if he was satisfied with my responses. The behavioral interview after that went well, my interviewer asked pretty general behavioral questions again such as: how do you teach something you know well to others that don't, when was a time you faced conflict when working on a project and how did you resolve it? when was a time you have to complete a project with little or no direction? What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting?

Found out a week later I did not get the position, but was not given feedback as to why not just told I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• What does Accenture do? Why do you want to work in consulting? Do you prefer to work individually or with a team? Tell me about a time you had to complete a large project with little to no direction. How do you teach others something you know well? What was a time you were faced with a conflict and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time you failed, what happened.   Answer Question

Telephony Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Connected by Accenture recruiter , scheduled for a phone screening and follow by the skill interview.
    however, I was not told that the skill interview ( on the phone) will be a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• how do you build a VMware server , experience about setting up voip and what do you do with WSUS   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round was a typical resume review, where they just asked you to describe how you have impacted the different groups you were a part of/positions you've held. Second round consisted of 45 minute behavioral interview, and an immediate 45 minute case interview. Case was relatively straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time you had to do something without guidance.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application, was flown to one of their offices in the northeastern US. They took care of airfare, lodging, and meal fees. Interview was a day-long affair consisting of two interviews + a Q&A-type conversation with HR. Both were case interviews, with one more concentrated on the behavioral fit + ~15-20 case, while the other case took up the entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Technological solutions for a nonprofit looking to enhance their ability to the help the unemployed find jobs   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, Recruiter Interview, Hiring Manager Interview, and Panel Interview with Hiring Manager's team and extended team. Recruiter said I interviewed very well and had nothing but positive feedback but the hiring manager went with an old colleague and an internal referral.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The HR recruiters that I dealt with were very helpful and professional. The technical skills over the phone interview was shorter than I had anticipated, consisting of one general logic- assessing problem, and a couple of fairly easy programming problems.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

1) 1 hour phone interview with HR,
    2) 1 hour technical interview (phone),
    The technical guy just asked me broad technical questions about the technologies on my resume.
    3) 1 hour behavioral interview with manager (webcam). The final round interview was the 1 hour behavioral interview. Think STAR

Relatively easy. I didn't prepare for anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you.... (Star questions)
      Describe a time when you lead a group. Describe a time when you changed your team's or companies' policy.
      Android vs iOS. UI, Rest. Can you connect to rest. Basic broad questions trying about stuff I wrote down on my resume.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a 15 minute interview with HR over the phone. Then there was a second interview about an hour where they asked 4 questions name a time when... Then there would be an on-site interview if the two phone interviews went well. They told me the interview process from the beginning which was helpful. They also will let you know promptly if you don't get the position. The whole process took about a week or so, but I believe if you apply earlier in the semester it can take significantly longer.

Interview Questions

• First interview question:
      What do you think we do at Accenture?

Second Interview question:
      Describe a situation where you had to work with a poorly functioning team, and how did you overcome this?   Answer Question