Accenture Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.9

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application, was flown to one of their offices in the northeastern US. They took care of airfare, lodging, and meal fees. Interview was a day-long affair consisting of two interviews + a Q&A-type conversation with HR. Both were case interviews, with one more concentrated on the behavioral fit + ~15-20 case, while the other case took up the entire hour.

Interview Questions

• Technological solutions for a nonprofit looking to enhance their ability to the help the unemployed find jobs   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Behavioral, confirming, case - I enjoyed these three interviews. Case was very abstract and not a typical case.

My experience with the recruiter really turned me off. I was not treated well - the recruiter would not return my phone calls or emails. Nobody else at the firm was of assistance to me. It really showed how I would just be a number at Accenture and totally replaceable. Very unprofessional conduct from the recruiter

Client Financial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a screening with current manager. Then invited to an in-person interview. All in about a two month span from applying to the job and then getting an offer

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process described in this post is for individuals applying to Accenture as a experienced hire.

First interview: This is a phone screen with the recruiter to discuss your qualification for the position. The recruiter will lightly go through your resume to ensure that you meet the qualifications for the position. Make sure that you know your resume well and that you can relate it back to the position you are applying too.

Second Interview: This is a Technical screen by a manager on your soon to be team. This person will be asking you about your technical background as it relates to the position. It is extremely important to be able to relate your experience back to the job description as well as be current on things occurring in that field. Use the STAR or PARADE (Victor Cheng) methodology to relate your experience. This style of answering questions is the preferred mechanism for relation information to Accenture managers. Also, Put together 3 to 5 examples of your work that you can refer back to when asked questions. You should know these scenarios like the back of your hand so you can deliver the information with ease to the interviewing manager. Answer all of the interviewing managers questions honestly and tell them when you haven't had experience in a certain area but you would love to grow your knowledge base. If your recruiter is amazing and you make it past the technical screen they will give you some tidbits on things you could approve upon before your next interview. Take this information to heart and Practice, Practice, Practice!!!

Third Interview: Consists of meeting with a Senior Manager. The senior manager will perform a behavioral interview which discusses your background in an indirect manner. The interviewer will ask you about your current project and the role you played on the team. They are looking too see if you were a leader and what type of activities you have completed. Be sure to really have an answer for the following questions: Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on? During this interview be honest with your short falls and make sure to play up the items in your career that you have shined on. Prepare several questions to ask your interviewer. Be sure to create questions that are interesting and dynamic which really sure your character.

Last Step in the process is circling back with the recruiter and receiving your offer letter. Make sure that you do some negotiation in this process. A good book to read in regards to this matter is called The Recruiting Snitch!

I hope this post helps future Accenture employees. I know without the information on this site I would not be able to prepare appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?, Reason for wanting to join Accenture?, What type of consulting work would you like to focus on?   2 Answers

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Application was a resume drop, through my school's career services and through Accenture's website.
    4 Part Application process.
    1. Online quiz, behavioral. They give you a set of 108 questions that state a trait, and you have to pick the one you most identify with, even if you don't identify with either or you identify with both.
    2. First round behavioral interview; they just want to get to know you and gauge what you know about the company. Mine was very relaxed, i met the interview the night before at a dinner. But others said their interviewer's expected them to know things on the company's annual report
    3. Second round interview: First of 2 back-to-back interviews; this one is a case study interview, which is relatively new at accenture. Its a mix between the written case and the interviewer led format. THey gave me a case, 10 minutes to read it and gather my thoughts, then the interviewer started to ask me probing questions. I would suggest you you be relaxed, and be able to identify problems quickly and frame your discussion.
    4. Second round interview: Second of 2 back-to-back interviews, this one was really a confirming interview, whereas the first round behavioral was a fit/getting-to-know-you interview. This one was really to see, okay, you wanna work here, we see you have a competitive resume, are you really a good fit for Accenture though?

**The recruiter told me that I did really well, but the interview was recent, so I don't know if I got an offer yet, but if I don't I'll update the post**
    ***I was just notified I didn't receive an offer but I was a top 3 candidate, and only 2 positions were available.***

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Tell me about times you worked on a team, Times you worked under pressure, Also resume directed questions   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process occurred at a target school on campus. Applied via careers website and had a 30 minute screening call. An HR rep asked basic fit questions, was pretty standard.

A few days after this, I went to a pre-interview networking event to meet all the consultants coming to interview (there were around 15). This was very important; it lets you show them your personality and allows you to become comfortable with theirs. I luckily was able to talk with a Senior Principal at this event.

Next came 2nd round: one 45 minute case interview and one 45 minute fit interview. I was fortunate and had the Senior Principal as my interviewer. He gave quite an interesting but difficult case regarding supply chain management (his specialty) and how to prove a company's efficiency. It was very conversational and enjoyable. The fit interview was relatively standard (Why Accenture? Why Consulting? Biggest Failure?) but also had some hard questions (What's the biggest misperception about you? Discuss experiences you did not include on your resume and why?) I received a call that night that I had gotten through to final round, which was the next day.

Final round was a 75 minute case interview/fit interview with a Managing Director and was quite difficult. He structured his case very differently but once I overcame my surprise at the uniqueness, it was an extremely enjoyable experience. After the case was solved, he told me all about his experiences etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: How can we improve the efficiency of this client's supply chain?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

30 minute behavioral over the phone followed by two-30 minute interviews on site. The first interview was a case. I had 10 minutes to read and then respond with recommendations. The second was a behavioral with 4-5 typical questions.

The case interviewer seemed disinterested and was typing on his laptop for about 25% of the time. Not a great show for the company. The second interviewer was much more conversational and easy to chat with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to teach a group something new.   Answer Question

Management Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy - 1 behavior for first round, then 1 case and another behavioral for the final round. Interviewed on campus for both roles and then they flew us out for a sell day to try to get us to sign.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC).

Interview

I am a graduating senior majoring in biomedical engineering. I have three internships in quantitative analysis roles and extensive experience in an extracurricular consulting club I helped found, which is what I think set me apart. I met Accenture recruiters at a career fair during a conference and had an in-person interview the next day at the same conference. It was a behavioral interview, but I could tell the interviewer was deeply assessing my interpersonal skills, i.e. how I answer questions, how I pose questions, my body language, etc. I had a second interview on the phone 2 months later (there was a long delay in between the first interview and the second since Thanksgiving break occurred and my recruiter was traveling extensively during that period). The second interview was purely behavioral, but it was very easy (questions included: When have you ever had to work with difficult team members?). The third and final interview entailed flying me out to DC a month later, where I interviewed in person with three Accenture employees and attended information sessions on the company. They questioned me on my technical background and asked me what I would do in certain situations. I was more nervous for this day then I should have been; they did a very good job of putting me and the other interviewees at rest. I learned of their decision to extend me an offer about a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have had to work with difficult team members.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accenture (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, Recruiter Interview, Hiring Manager Interview, and Panel Interview with Hiring Manager's team and extended team. Recruiter said I interviewed very well and had nothing but positive feedback but the hiring manager went with an old colleague and an internal referral.