Accountemps Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Interview

phone interview and prior to assignment. However, working with Accountemps for temp positions, whilst also working with Robert Half for permanent positions, one will be talking to a LOT of different people, with seemingly no interaction between them within the office. I sense it is an extremely competitive atmosphere between recruiters. So get used to rehash every position you go for.

Interview Questions

• The questions were general ones about experience, what part of field interests me, what positions would I like to pursue as temp.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Accountemps

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accountemps (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with four managers of the company for placement within various divisions of the company. I was asked to work as a full-time special projects accountant, but didn't want to commit to traveling 90 minutes over the winter. Otherwise, the projects sounded very interesting and exciting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Accountemps (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Lots of job postings that are not available when you finally get to someone live. Seems like a gimmick to get people to give your their resumes. I would also get emails from them saying we have something that starts in two days...are you available? To which I would immediately respond, yes and then they would say that they would keep me posted and I would never hear from them. A complete waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accountemps (New York, NY).

Interview

Relatively simple through Skype. I was contacted about a month after submitting an online application for one of their "made up" positions that they use to accumulate a pool of readily available workers. There was a quick phobe screening and the next day a Skype video interview.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview

It was three steps of interview the first all in person ,i met with three level of Managers ( recruiter , CPA, HR ) and after online test i had been recruited

Interview Questions

• -Personal information -professional Knowledge - What if questions - Experience Test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accountemps (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

Typical as expected, met with two recruiters.to discuss my skills and their processes. Also discussed what areas I am interested for assignments. Positions are either temporary assignments or temp to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accountemps (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Worse experience ever! First guy called me without introduce himself. He was rude while I tried to ask which company he's calling from, I just want to make sure he is not a scam call. I'm sure normal person wouldn't have a problem explaining who you are when you call someone you do not know. However, this guy just got weirder, got more frustrated, and started to whisper so he can say something mean. I got his name by tricked him to give me his email address, then I call the company to report about this guy. They said this never happened before (oh sure) and set me up with another person for the interview.
    The interview was set for exact date/time. Guess what? The interviewer cancel on me right at the interview time. Just cancel like that. She rescheduled the appointment for a few hours after. She was late and that is the last time I gave this company a chance.

"No respect, No manner and very unprofessional."

Interview Questions

• More of just selling how big their company is. The interviewer just talked like a robot. Didn't really care much about my skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accountemps (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very basic interview. The recruiter just asked questions about the work experience listed on my resume. Next I was just asked about how much I was looking to get paid. As an entry level accountant, I said $18-20/hour but was told that realistically it would be somewhere around $15/hour to begin with.

Interview Questions

• How much are you looking to get paid?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accountemps (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call for an interview in their regional office. Filled out some paper works and then had a brief conversation with the agent. Was asked some basic interview questions such as what's your strengths and weaknesses.They told me that they will contact me when they found opportunities that match my qualifications. Did receive few calls from them but no further results.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Accountemps (Mansfield, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I was offered a Skype Interview. Since I live about 50 miles away from the Accountemps office, this was an appreciated off from them. I felt comfortable with this process because I was still able to see my interviewer but did not have to travel the distance to see them in person.

Interview Questions

It was only a 2 month assignment and I was not willing to give up my part time job for a temporary assignment.