Accountemps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accountemps (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I went through two face to face interviews and a classroom test for use of Excel. The face to face interview was with a panel of 4. Nothing too drastic. Was a pleasant experience. Followup interview was with upper management. Interview was much more interactive. Was interested about how they reflected on their own company culture.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview

The interview was easy. Just basic interview questions, went through all the things in detail on resume. Such as, what software did you use, tell me more about your previous work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accountemps (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter is nice and kind. She just asked a couple of general questions, such as what's the reason you left your previous job; what is your prospective salary? etc. They help you to find the job very quick.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accountemps (Savannah, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I did it all through phone and email- have never seen my recruiter's face. I went into the staffing agency's office once to complete paperwork, but I was told that my recruiter at the time was in a meeting (which is the go-to excuse in any office). Since then, my recruiter has changed several times.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us a little about yourself"
      "Where do you see yourself in five years?"   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accountemps (Bellevue, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Come in, talk to one of the recruiters, take skills assessment tests. If you do well on skills assessment then your candidacy quickly heightens. They will ask various questions about previous work, work with you on your resume, just regular temp agency things. I did really like the skills assessment tests they had because I was able to showcase my abilities which would be the highlight of my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What kind of position are you looking for?
      What areas are you interested in working in?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Accountemps.

Interview

Interviews knew nothing about accounting and finance. Interviewers were poorly prepared sales people. Find a better temporary job agency where you live. AccounTemps and Robt Half use to be ok, but they have fallen greatly in lack of integrity.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

x

General Accounting Jobs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accountemps (Springfield, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Got there on time. Though I had e-signed a bunch of documents to "expedite the process," and taken a bunch of Prove It tests on line that I had done very well on, I still had stuff to fill out and sign when I got there. Then I waited for someone to come out and interview me. It was not the person that I originally had an appointment with. Although I had been there before, and told the interviewer so, she launched into a history of the company anyway and how the company was debt free and so solid. Then she attacked my resume, and though I told her repeatedly that it was the wrong resume, she continued to criticize it, making me feel unworthy and unqualified for anything. She told me that a special project I had put on my resume was too detailed, but when I said she was welcome to truncate it, said that I needed to do that because she didn't know what it was I had done?!?! One of the other recruiters had called me the day before and offered me a $12 an hour job preparing tax returns. When I told him that I had a four year degree in accounting and finance and four years experience he said that he had an outdated resume (not true, I had applied to a job with my updated resume that was the reason he was calling me to begin with). She then informed me that the hourly rate I was looking for was way out of my league, reserved for people with much higher credentials than I (I personally do not know why anyone with that much experience on their resume would ever consider working for that kind of money). She continued to dog me about what the least I would take for a job was, and when I wouldn't come down far enough for her said, "Okay, if a job comes up that is perfect for you and right up the street from where you live but pays a dollar less an hour, I won't call you because you want that much an hour." This from people who had called me the day before and offered me $12 an hour. She then wanted to know where else I had applied, and when I didn't want to tell her, got very pushy and insistent, and said she was just trying to help me and didn't want to send me to the same places I had already gone. I assured her that I would not let that happen, but she continued to push for the names of where I had already interviewed, making me very uncomfortable, and like she thought that I was being rude and obstinate not telling her. I don't feel that I should have to give up my personal leads that I found on my own to a recruiter. By the time I left I was very upset, very uncomfortable, and felt like I had been beaten. Cost me $9 to get my car out of their parking garage after this over 2 hour ordeal, they do not validate.

Interview Questions

• 1. Who else have you interviewed with?
      2. What is the least you would take an hour?   1 Answer

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Accountemps (Greenville, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Laid back in a room just two of the recruiters and myself. They were friendly and the interview was straightforward. Based off of the interview I would have thought they would have placed me somewhere that where I would be doing accounting work but instead they placed me in healthcare doing follow-up with insurance companies

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Temporary Candidate for Accountemps Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accountemps (Norfolk, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was on-line via skype, loud background noises were distracting, nervous that the interview was possibly observed by other account managers. The interview was difficult but the interviewer was comfortable with making me uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What were your duties at your last job?
      What position do you prefer?
      What position duties will qualify you for what you prefer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not want to offer any inconvenient assignments as far as pay, so advised to state preferred pay.

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accountemps (Overland Park, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview with the recruiter was pretty standard, and she basically spent half an hour reviewing my resume with me. She asked the obvious questions, such as requesting explanations for employment gaps. Nothing about the interview was unexpected, and she introduced me to the other recruiters who were present in the office at the time of my interview. She also asked me about what my personal requirements and expectations I had for potential jobs, and she wanted to know what critical factors were necessary for me to accept a job.

Interview Questions

• What was my reason for the gaps in employment?   1 Answer
    • What is my salary requirement?   1 Answer
    • What was my greatest work accomplishment?   1 Answer