Accruent Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2016

2.9

Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

First after applying I was sent an email with a link to a fifty-question assessment to take. This assessment included questions on math, vocabulary, and pattern-finding.

Based on the results from that, the recruiter scheduled a brief interview over the phone (this took roughly fifteen minutes). At the end of this, the recruiter scheduled an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was fairly rigorous. I had to take a similar fifty-question assessment (to demonstrate that I had not cheated on the first one, I think). I then met with two teams of two interviewers, both of which talked to me for about an hours each.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you as a person to do things right or well in a day?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time that a customer wasn't happy with something that you hadn't done and why. How was that resolved? What would you do differently, with hindsight?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. In a couple of days, I'm being asked to finish a IQ test via email which I hardly believe will represent my actual professional competency. Then a few days later, I got a cold crafted rejection letter from a "DoNotReply" email account without any feedback and human contact.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email from HR to do a Aptitude and English Test online and after finishing that after few days I got a response that they want to take me into next round of Interviews. The HR scheduled a call to discuss about the Role and my Interests and after consistently mailing the HR for response, I get a response after 2 weeks that they are going with another Candidate! They didnt even have a proper interview to test my skills and they decided to go with another Candidate! This is absolutely insane.

I would never apply there and not recommend anyone to apply. Its total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• No Interview Questions asked and they go with another Candidate   1 Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

First everyone knows for Accruent you need to take their online test in order to get an interview. It's not hard if you have any brains about you but it is somewhat annoying that they out so much stock in it.

Once submitted I received an email scheduling a call with HR for a phone screen a few days later. The recruiter sounded as if she was simply trying to make her quota of calls for the day. I rocked the answers to the first 4 very standard questions until she asked me what the lowest amount of money I would be willing to accept. I found this completely offensive since none of the questions prior gave a comprehensive picture of my capabilities and more so the value I could offer. My internal red flag went up. Despite trying to indicate I'd be happy to provide a range based upon my skills and value etc, she insisted on a number. I had heard that they compensate below averages so I lowered my expectations somewhat and provided a number that I thought would be in the ballpark given the role, title etc. Nope she told me that the role paid $20-$30k less. Trust me when I say that at that rate they could only be filling the roles with entry level folks or someone maybe with a year or two of work experience. If you have any significant experience, look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What is the lowest salary you would be willing to take for this role?   4 Answers

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received response email from recruiter about 7 days later. Was asked to take an online assessment. IQ test/Personality test. Was then contacted by recruiter to review resume and ask general questions. Was asked to take IQ test again, this time on webex.

Sales Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Accruent for the Sales Engineer position was normal at first then it became slightly odd. After applying online, I was put in contact with their talent manager in which I did a phone interview. Next I had to take an aptitude and personality test. A few days later I had an online interview with the hiring manager in which I first had to retake the aptitude test with my web cam. Following the online interview I was asked to perform a presentation in person with the sales engineer team. Everything seemed to be going smoothly and got praised for my presentation. A few days later I got called by the talent manager and discussed healthcare and benefits Accruent offers, additionally I was asked by the members of the sales engineer team to join them for lunch. Lunch seemed okay. It was a mix of casual/personal questions with questions about past job experience and discussions of what the job entails. Two days later I got called by the talent manager and she said they decided to hire another candidate. She said they didn't provide her a reason as to what lead to their decision and referred back to the website for future job openings.

Interview Questions

• If you were doing a presentation and the client said that your product doesn't offer X feature(and this feature is never going to be implemented in the product nor any customizations to the product can be done) and the client said you're wasting their time and questioned why you're even presenting, how do you respond?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, good communication I was contacted initially by their recruiter and after a short interview with the recruiter I was invited to redo the assessment IQ test and a webex conference.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took online IQ and personality test. Talked to a recruiter on the phone. Came onsite and took the IQ test again. Came onsite and interviewed with two Engineering Senior Managers, a QA Senior Manager, a Software Engineer, and a remote employee, and the recruiter again.

They were all very nice and seemed competent. All my interviews seemed to go well except for one. One of them I wasn't really sure what they where asking, which is my fault. It seemed like a lot of the interviewers were given a few questions to ask me first. Mostly about ethics and working with clients. And then they asked whatever they wanted and chatted.

My recruiter was Danielle and I thought she was very professional and easy to work with. She was very good at keeping me informed as to what was going on.

I got a tour the the building. I interviewed on what I guess is the manager side. It was your typical cube farm in the middle surrounded by offices with doors. Sort of quiet with people busy doing things.

Next was an enormous break room full of games, free caffeine, free munchies, and free beer for special occasions. If I was fresh out of college, I would have thought it was awesome.

Then there was another large room full of programmers. It was a cube farm without the cube walls. It was on the loud and distracting side. You could hear everyone talk and see everyone move. I am sure I could have made it work. Get a desk that faces a corner and wear noise canceling headphones. But I am not sure if that goes with what they were trying to accomplish there.

Honestly, I am not sure how well I would have fit in at Accruent. I am more of a go to work, do a good job, and go home type of person. And to code and debug well, I need long periods where I can focus. I am actually most productive when I get lost in what I am doing and totally forget about time, eating... basically everything.

Interview Questions

• What does hard work mean? Give an example when you worked hard.   Answer Question
    • What does integrity mean? Give an example when you showed integrity.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Accruent?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you changed a process and it made a difference to the company.   Answer Question
    • How do you plan out your work?   Answer Question

Software Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accruent (Austin, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via phone after an online assessment (Personality & Skill-based) and invited to come and interview with one of the Software Managers on site.

When I arrived I took the skill portion of the online assessment again, then sat down for a 20 minute interview with the manager. We went over personality questions, work history, hypothicals, and some technical know-how

Interview Questions

• An fellow employee isn't pulling their weight, what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

First they send you an online aptitude test, then you have to go in and do it again, it wasn't very hard but you have to work fast or else you might run out of time. They then call you to schedule an on site interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager, who was very friendly. Mostly behavioral questions. The feeling I got is that the hiring manager is trying to get to know more about who you are as a person and how you would work with the team, instead of trying to grill you are specifics. HR responds quickly, usually within a day or two.