Ace Cash Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ace Cash Express Interview Questions

Interviews at Ace Cash Express

2.1

Interview

Asked about my overall background, skills, and cash handling experience. Situational questions were asked as well. Must be a people person and very attentive to detail. Also must be comfortable with making collection calls.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview was very easy, managers are super nice. Did a zoom interview then an in person interview and drug test. I got the job and can’t wait to start very soon.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work part time and drive to different locations?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express (Houston, MS).

Interview

Poor communication, unprofessional interview environment, zero follow-up. Don’t waste your time for the low rate salary they offer that’s 30% below industry standard. This company holds you for 3-4 hours to interview. It’s poor taste and shows just how the company culture is.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak Spanish in the least?   1 Answer

Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express.

Interview

Applied for the position, received call back a face to face interview was held then you wait for a call back as to whether or not you were hired. ..........

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express (Dallas, TX) in October 2019.

Interview

I received an email that I had been selected to move forward with a phone interview. I had to pick a time for them to call. I was told I would get a call with in 48hrs with an answer one way orthe other cause they didnt like prospects waiting. after 4 days I called them to check my progress. I was rudely told she was busy and I would hear back from her in 24 hrs. A week later I received notification that I had been selected to move forward. I had already accepted an offer from another company. If this is the way they start off potential employees what would it look like once you got hired on?

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express (Dallas, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

I applied, they emailed me immediately to set up an interview. I walked them through my work history. They asked me about my desired salary. After I told her she asked me why that amount? I answered and then never heard back. I was probably not within their price range but that's okay.

BI Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express (Irving, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by an on-site interview.
    The process was good and entire process took ~4 weeks.
    The hiring manager being on vacation after initial submission and things were downhill after the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen was purely technical.
      In-person interview as combination of technical and behavioral.   Answer Question

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express (Irving, TX) in February 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then in person with multiple people. I was there for 3+ hours. Not one person offered me water or a break in between interviews. Not one of the 4+ people I met with were hospitable and only a few handed out business cards.

Interview Questions

• Prior to the interview, I was asked to take an assessment which I shared in the form of a presentation with the hiring manager.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express (Plano, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Full disclosure- I am formerly a teacher, currently a school administrator, looking to transition to learning and development in the corporate setting. I have seven degrees of experience (3 in a leadership/supervision role) and a doctoral degree in Curriculum & Instruction with a concentration in educational technology. I have graduate-level educational experience in some of the systems commonly used by instructional designers, and others I taught myself in preparation for interviews. I have started developing a portfolio, but still work 50+ hours a week, and have been working on adding items to my portfolio slowly. I know I am not an "experienced" candidate in terms of experience as a corporate instructional designer, but I do have valuable experience and am well educated, and am a quick and enthusiastic learner. This interview made me feel as if none of those things I am confident in about myself were true, and left me with an overall poor impression of the company as a result of contact with the recruiter. I was contacted by a recruiter quickly (within 48 hours of my application). The recruiter contacted me via email to request a time for a phone interview. The recruiter's email contained a few grammar errors, but I wanted to keep an open mind as the interview was for a position I am very interested in and excited about pursuing. On the day of our phone call, I arranged some time off work to ensure I was home, prepared, and available right on time. The recruiter called me later than our scheduled time, and it was clear from the beginning she had not fully reviewed my resume or did not have it in front of her during the call. I do appreciate that she was frank and direct with me, but I felt as if she was condescending, grossly biased by her preconceived notions of the role I currently hold, and focused only on what she viewed as my limitations rather than my abilities. It was abundantly clear she had not reviewed by digital portfolio, made available to her on my application and on my resume, and made judgments about my skills based only her conception of my current role. She went so far as to call my resume "misleading," but if she truly felt that way, I would imagine she would not have scheduled a call with me, or perhaps didn't review my resume before our interview. The recruiter told me the hours of the position were between 8a and 5p Monday through Friday, and asked how I would feel about working those hours. My reply was, "...great?" She said she asked because schools get out so early. Correct, students do get out early, but administrators have much longer hours. It is not atypical for me to work a 10 to 12 hour day, depending on after school event schedules and workload for the day. She went on to share that someone hired for the role would have 6 weeks of vacation, and asked how I felt giving up all the time off in the summer. I shared with her that I have currently a 211 day contract, meaning that I have approximately six weeks off year round, as administrators usually interview candidates through the summer, and are expected to report to school to prep for the upcoming school year all but three weeks in the summer. She questioned my ability to use the instructional design technologies I had learned in graduate school, and taught myself in preparation for switching fields. She begrudgingly agreed to pass me on to the hiring manager like she was doing me a favor, and said that the hiring manager *might* call me for an interview, but that the position in question really required someone with more concrete technical experience than I had, as another member of the team in the same position "didn't do" the technical piece. Her parting piece of advice was that I should volunteer as an instructional designer to build my portfolio. I don't disagree that this could be a great suggestion, but it felt pretty defeating to hear that on an interview. I did tell her I appreciated her candor, but as I've reflected on the experience, I do not appreciate the condescending comments about the "perks" of a field I am working hard to leave behind, nor the insinuation that I can't do the job because I have been a teacher and administrator.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work from 8a to 5p Monday through Friday?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Cash Express.

Interview

Interviewed took drug test and background test passed both got a really good offer I accepted the job. Waited two weeks to complete process. Training takes about fifteen days .before you can work by yourself. Overall very comfortable Interview with the regional district manager.

Interview Questions

• What is your best and worst experience at your previous job? Give the end result.   1 Answer