Ace Hardware Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ace Hardware Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

it was simple. Got a phone call and came in to do a basic interview. I got the job on the spot. questions included things such as strengths/weaknesses, a difficult experience/challenge you have overcome, and couple words to describe yourself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ace Hardware

Cashier Interview

Interview

They briefly asked questions about my schooling. It was my first job, so I had no experience. The manager was relatively friendly. They went over basic information about the hiring process, such as the background screening they must give employees before they are hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

It went quiet well. A very comfortable process. A fair and realistic process. More than one person will conduct the interview, including the General Manager. Assessment as to your ability to learn operation of the cash register and a few other devices, sales ability, and your demeanor with the public. Just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of items in the store, experience... and typical interviewing type questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

Your interview process reflects the value your company places on each candidate and, by extension, each employee. Be a good ambassador for your company by conducting a professional interview, communicating honestly, and basing hiring decisions on an honest evaluation of each candidate's capabilities. Not only will you make great hires, but you'll build goodwill in the community and enhance your future recruiting efforts.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Wichita, KS) in June 2015.

Interview

I was given an interview the day I turned in my application because the company had just lost one of their cashiers. The boss first explained a little about the company and then asked a few questions. I was immediately told of the hourly wage, which was $7.50, and being a high school student who was only working for the summer, I figured it wasn't bad.

Interview Questions

• First it was to tell a little about yourself and then just why I was interested in the job. What made me choose ACE Hardware and if I had had any other experience in sales before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in January 2015.

Interview

I got an email asking what a good time to call was, the day after I applied. Manager called and we set up an interview for two days later. I was hired 5 days later. The whole process took about a week and a half. When I went in for my person to person interview, everyone was very nice and the manager was very professional.

Interview Questions

• How do I deal with tough situations? What is amazing customer service to me? What do I want to do later on?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

All 3 managers sat in the room and all of them interviewed me at the same time, they had me identify basic tools then sent me out of the room while they decided

Interview Questions

• They had me Identify some tools, It wasn't that hard, it was like a wrench and a bolt and a screw, Just the basics which you should know if your going to work at a hardware store.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in August 2014.

Interview

The store manager interviewed me. It was a relatively brief and informal interview. He already seemed to have decided I was hired before he interviewed me and told me I was hired at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating, I was asked my availability but since the scheduling is so flexible it wasn't a problem that I was unavailable for much of the weekdays (as I was in high school at the time). It was a minimum wage position and I highly doubt I could've negotiated a higher pay.

Anonymous Employee in New Lenox, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (New Lenox, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Called over the phone about a week after I submitted an in-store application. Wanted an interview within a few hours of the call. Once I got there, the head manager told me it was a good thing i was able to come right away or I would not have gotten the job.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview took two minutes. He said he'd never interviewed anyone before (and he's the store manager??) and I could tell he was nervous. I carried the interview by talking about what I could do for the company and he said okay we'll call you. I didn't know if I had the job until about 30 minutes later he was begging me to take a drug test so I could work the next day because they just had 3 people quit. <insert alarm bells>