Ace Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Gainesville, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by a very long, in-person interview with the current HR Manager. I was told they would get back to me within the next week and it seemed very positive, however I have never received even an email despite 2 follow up emails from me.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Completed an hour phone interview. Then was contacted for an in-person interview with two different hiring managers. After arriving and checking in with security, I was placed in a small conference room where an HR rep popped in and out asking some questions. Once one of the hiring manager's arrived I spent approximately 45 minutes with him. Then he checked with HR on the status of the other hiring manager who was supposed to interview me. He came back into the conference room and said "I'll walk you out now". No explanation was provided. I have not heard back from anyone.

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmer, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Wilmer, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first then in person interview with a panel of 3 individuals. Interview went well was even offered a tour of the site and introduced to people. Two weeks have passed, no response from interviewer on decision and have left two messages with no response. Communication does not seem to be a priority.

Interview Questions

• what is a weakness you have?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in May 2017.

Interview

There was one 30-minute screening with an HR representative followed by a video conference interview with two members of the team. The first interview was comprehensive about my background and skills as it related to the position. And 9 days later, I got an email about conducting a second round interview with two people on the team. I believe the second interview would have been in person if I were in the area.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was comprehensive about my background and skills applicable to the role. I can remember only two questions from the second interview: what is your background, and would you be okay working at the associate level? I walked away from the interview very surprised I wasn't asked more questions; the interviewers did most the talking. It wasn't very conversational for that reason. It was a well organized process, however, and I received a nice and professional email from the HR rep informing me they had chosen another candidate.   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Douglasville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview on time. The guy only talked with me for about 20 minutes and said hehad more people to interview and would get back with me but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had driving with cdl   1 Answer

Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Iowa City, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

They email you to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked questions about my resume, my engineering experience (I am an undergrad in industrial engineering), and my previous job experience at a distribution center. Wants people who have knowledge of distribution centers, cutting purchase orders, and forecasting. They said they would get back to me soon and emailed me back 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about your engineering experience.
      - Tell me about your experience at the distribution center.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Got a phone screen request the day after I applied online. Phone screen was 30 min east behavioral and experience level questions. Went in for in person interview a week later which lasted 2 hours with 2 groups of managers. Questions were easy enough, mostly behavioral and one technical. They gave me an inventory review data sheet and asked my thoughts about it. I received a rejection letter a week later with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• What's one bad thing your favorite manager would say about you ?   Answer Question

Consumer Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 months. After applying online, I received an email for a phone interview, the day comes for the phone interview and i never received a call. Checked my email and there was a message from the HR person asking to reschedule. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Thought it went great and they said they are looking for someone ASAP. Two months went by and I never heard from anyone. I emailed and called the HR person, no answer. It was finally 3 and a half months later and still haven't heard anything. I emailed the HR person another time and she replied that the position was filled, sorry no one let you know. Overall a horrible experience, I would not recommend working there at all. If that is how their HR is just image how the department is.

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakbrook Ter, IL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me promptly in response to my application. We scheduled a phone interview to discuss the position and my credentials further. After on site interview with the hiring manager, I met with the next level manager for interviewing.(both newly promoted WF). There was no energy or enthusiasm. I realized this would not be a great organizational fit as I felt uncomfortable. No unsettling questions. It was just the negative, dead energy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exerted your influence with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Replenishment Planner Interview

Interview

Very organized and straight forward interview. I had a phone screening interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an on-site interview. Before the interview I was provided with a very complete and helpful description of the company, the role, and some basic replenishment planning terms and metrics. I was interviewed by three people, they were all nice. In the interview they asked about my background and some behavioral questions; I was also asked to quickly review a replenishment planning sheet data and give my thoughts.