Ace Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.4

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Douglasville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview on time. The guy only talked with me for about 20 minutes and said hehad more people to interview and would get back with me but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had driving with cdl   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Iowa City, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

They email you to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked questions about my resume, my engineering experience (I am an undergrad in industrial engineering), and my previous job experience at a distribution center. Wants people who have knowledge of distribution centers, cutting purchase orders, and forecasting. They said they would get back to me soon and emailed me back 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about your engineering experience.
      - Tell me about your experience at the distribution center.
      Answer Question

Supply Chain Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

Got a phone screen request the day after I applied online. Phone screen was 30 min east behavioral and experience level questions. Went in for in person interview a week later which lasted 2 hours with 2 groups of managers. Questions were easy enough, mostly behavioral and one technical. They gave me an inventory review data sheet and asked my thoughts about it. I received a rejection letter a week later with no feedback.

Interview Questions

• What's one bad thing your favorite manager would say about you ?   Answer Question

Consumer Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 months. After applying online, I received an email for a phone interview, the day comes for the phone interview and i never received a call. Checked my email and there was a message from the HR person asking to reschedule. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Thought it went great and they said they are looking for someone ASAP. Two months went by and I never heard from anyone. I emailed and called the HR person, no answer. It was finally 3 and a half months later and still haven't heard anything. I emailed the HR person another time and she replied that the position was filled, sorry no one let you know. Overall a horrible experience, I would not recommend working there at all. If that is how their HR is just image how the department is.

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakbrook Ter, IL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me promptly in response to my application. We scheduled a phone interview to discuss the position and my credentials further. After on site interview with the hiring manager, I met with the next level manager for interviewing.(both newly promoted WF). There was no energy or enthusiasm. I realized this would not be a great organizational fit as I felt uncomfortable. No unsettling questions. It was just the negative, dead energy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exerted your influence with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Replenishment Planner Interview

Interview

Very organized and straight forward interview. I had a phone screening interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an on-site interview. Before the interview I was provided with a very complete and helpful description of the company, the role, and some basic replenishment planning terms and metrics. I was interviewed by three people, they were all nice. In the interview they asked about my background and some behavioral questions; I was also asked to quickly review a replenishment planning sheet data and give my thoughts.

Garden Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Auburn, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair at Auburn University. Submitted a non-digital application a few days later. Was called to set up an interview. Met for the interview, which went relatively well. I wasn't a perfect fit but they were in the market and I was being considered for the position. Called to follow up two times post-interview. Was told no decision had been made. Will most likely call again until they give me an offer or tell me I am no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our store can offer customers that sets us apart from our competitors   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied following college career fair. Heard nothing for 3 and a half months. Received an email for a phone interview. Difficult to set up time since interviewer said she had afternoon availability but would only set up morning times.

Interviewer was 15 minutes late on calling. When she finally did call it was clear she had never looked at my resume, or even had it in front of her. I offered to send her one so we could go through it together. She only asked to go over my resume and qualifications. Interviewer was lost on the company name confusing it with a university, but did not ask for clarification for about 20 minutes.

This interview was like pulling teeth. I think she may have asked two questions the entire time and expected me to lead the interview. She was unable to explain the position or the company culture beyond what the job description already stated. It was clear she was not interested in me as a candidate, not prepared for an interview, and not informed about the position she was screening candidates for. She could not even give a timeline of the process moving forward. This was by far the least professional interview I have ever been a part of.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Can you explain where you work?
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Katy, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I appliied on line, completing nearly 100 multiple choice questions, many of which seemed irrelevant. I was called in for an interview, at which time I was asked to complete the same personal profile and an additional set of multiple choice questions which were insulting at best. Employees looked hostile and disgruntled, no smiles in sight, so I scampered for the exit. Simply a shamful, humiliating process

Interview Questions

• 100 ridiculous multiple choice questions, such as "If you saw an employee steal, you would A. tell your manager B. tell the employee not to do this again..Ridiculous.   Answer Question

Sustomer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauconda, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Wauconda, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

short and not much credit for years of customer service/ it a broad sense, nursing is customer service,dealing with people in distress,having some hectic moments when what is needed is patience and organization.