Ace Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ace Hardware Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.0

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

Only one interview, lasted about 30 min, checked grades and exrracurricular involvement, friendly questions to get to know you, having a recommendation goes a long way! They'll try to see if you are generally interested in hardware

Interview Questions

• do you do a lot of your own yard work / are you a fix it yourself type of person   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oak Brook, IL).

Interview

3 hours interview pretty much about everything: education, working experience and cultural background. It was a quite fun interview. They try to know who you are as a person.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to improve your last employer's working performance?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in May 2017.

Interview

There was one 30-minute screening with an HR representative followed by a video conference interview with two members of the team. The first interview was comprehensive about my background and skills as it related to the position. And 9 days later, I got an email about conducting a second round interview with two people on the team. I believe the second interview would have been in person if I were in the area.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was comprehensive about my background and skills applicable to the role. I can remember only two questions from the second interview: what is your background, and would you be okay working at the associate level? I walked away from the interview very surprised I wasn't asked more questions; the interviewers did most the talking. It wasn't very conversational for that reason. It was a well organized process, however, and I received a nice and professional email from the HR rep informing me they had chosen another candidate.   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Gainesville, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very thorough and intuitive, they make sure that your the right fit for the desired position before the end. Usually always leads to a candidate starting the next work-day. They also brought me through the temp service because I have a felony record they were willing to work with me on.

Interview Questions

• Experience, personal activities, reasons for wanting to work here   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honea Path, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Honea Path, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick and pretty basic. Mainly personal questions about background, and then had to have a drug test completed. The interview lasted 10 minutes. One on one person interview. Short and simple. Very easy!

Interview Questions

• If a person becomes argumentative or aggressive towards you during any time, what would be your actions?   2 Answers

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Douglasville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview on time. The guy only talked with me for about 20 minutes and said hehad more people to interview and would get back with me but I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had driving with cdl   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chehalis, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Chehalis, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very open and fun a great interview the total process was around an hour but after that you already felt like part of the team. Other than that nothing else.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

Applied for the job on-line. A week later got a phone call for an in person interview. No unusual questions and a standard interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about experience in retail hardware sales.   Answer Question

Replenishment Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Iowa City, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

They email you to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked questions about my resume, my engineering experience (I am an undergrad in industrial engineering), and my previous job experience at a distribution center. Wants people who have knowledge of distribution centers, cutting purchase orders, and forecasting. They said they would get back to me soon and emailed me back 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about your engineering experience.
      - Tell me about your experience at the distribution center.   Answer Question

General Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

A phone interview do discuss current goals and to get to know you. If you complete that well, you will move on to an actual interview. No questions were curve balls or asked questions about in depth accounting.