Ace Hardware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.0

Hardware Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Manager asked basic experience questions and why I wanted to work there. The manager asked some basic personal questions. The manager also described the job, the experience, how it would flow and work, and described the seasons of the business, and its trends. Overall it was an easy interview, it was classic and relaxed, and there was no stress involved.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get from this job?   1 Answer

Consumer Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in February 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 months. After applying online, I received an email for a phone interview, the day comes for the phone interview and i never received a call. Checked my email and there was a message from the HR person asking to reschedule. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Thought it went great and they said they are looking for someone ASAP. Two months went by and I never heard from anyone. I emailed and called the HR person, no answer. It was finally 3 and a half months later and still haven't heard anything. I emailed the HR person another time and she replied that the position was filled, sorry no one let you know. Overall a horrible experience, I would not recommend working there at all. If that is how their HR is just image how the department is.

Senior Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Ter, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakbrook Ter, IL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me promptly in response to my application. We scheduled a phone interview to discuss the position and my credentials further. After on site interview with the hiring manager, I met with the next level manager for interviewing.(both newly promoted WF). There was no energy or enthusiasm. I realized this would not be a great organizational fit as I felt uncomfortable. No unsettling questions. It was just the negative, dead energy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exerted your influence with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Retail Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Applied online and got a call back a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone screening lasted about 20 minutes where the HR had me talk through my resume, and that person asked general "name a time when ___" questions. None of the phone screening questions were technical, they were to see if I had the ability to give presentations, work in a group professionally, and if I had any previous related experience.

I was invited to a second interview at the Oakbrook Headquarters where I did an in person interview with the same HR from the phone screening followed by a second interview with the senior analytics manager. The HR's questions were probing at my familiarity with Ace's history and values, as well as to get a sense of my organizational and leadership skills. The analytics interview was tailored toward the details of my data handling experience. i.e. "what programs have you used, how do you approach a new data set, what's the most challenging thing that you have done with data analysis, how do you go about communicating technical information to a non-technical audience?"

Overall, I wouldn't deem this a technical interview since there were no calculation scenarios asked, but overall it was a smooth experience with no smoke and mirrors.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

it was simple. Got a phone call and came in to do a basic interview. I got the job on the spot. questions included things such as strengths/weaknesses, a difficult experience/challenge you have overcome, and couple words to describe yourself.

Cashier Interview

Interview

They briefly asked questions about my schooling. It was my first job, so I had no experience. The manager was relatively friendly. They went over basic information about the hiring process, such as the background screening they must give employees before they are hired.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

It went quiet well. A very comfortable process. A fair and realistic process. More than one person will conduct the interview, including the General Manager. Assessment as to your ability to learn operation of the cash register and a few other devices, sales ability, and your demeanor with the public. Just be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of items in the store, experience... and typical interviewing type questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very pleasant and relatively easy. The tasks I would be responsible for were laid out very clearly for me so there would be no confusion later on.

Interview Questions

• Can you work evenings and weekends.   1 Answer

Replenishment Planner Interview

Interview

Very organized and straight forward interview. I had a phone screening interview with the recruiter and was scheduled for an on-site interview. Before the interview I was provided with a very complete and helpful description of the company, the role, and some basic replenishment planning terms and metrics. I was interviewed by three people, they were all nice. In the interview they asked about my background and some behavioral questions; I was also asked to quickly review a replenishment planning sheet data and give my thoughts.

Garden Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Auburn, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair at Auburn University. Submitted a non-digital application a few days later. Was called to set up an interview. Met for the interview, which went relatively well. I wasn't a perfect fit but they were in the market and I was being considered for the position. Called to follow up two times post-interview. Was told no decision had been made. Will most likely call again until they give me an offer or tell me I am no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• What do you think our store can offer customers that sets us apart from our competitors   1 Answer