Ace Hardware Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

1.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Aston, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Aston, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was very basic, asked the normal questions in an interview and got to see if you qualify for the position. The person who gave the interview made me feel very comfortable and didn't try to make me nervous and they explained the questions thoroughly and made sure you knew how to answer. It was a good experience and atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you qualify for this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ace Hardware

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ace Hardware.

Interview

Applied for the job on-line. A week later got a phone call for an in person interview. No unusual questions and a standard interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They did ask about experience in retail hardware sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was very informal and short and maybe lasted 5 to 10 minutes. It was done in casual attire, and the questions were direct and to the point. I was hired the same day, and my started pay was $8 dollars and hour.

Anonymous Employee in Acton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Acton, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, very professional, no complaints, made you feel comfortable and gave a tour of the store, explained very well what would be asked of me and asked if i could handle it hot me started right away

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very pleasant and relatively easy. The tasks I would be responsible for were laid out very clearly for me so there would be no confusion later on.

Interview Questions

• Can you work evenings and weekends.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ace Hardware in June 2015.

Interview

First there was a short phone interview with one of the managers. I was interviewed in the store by two managers. It was friendly and informal. They explained the business and the available job openings.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

Talked to both managers. One about knowledge of hardware and landscaping. I knew quite a bit because my father is a landscaper. I grew up helping him and that is how I met this manager at this particular Ace. It was the only hardware for miles. You need to be able to lift 10+lbs because they sell concrete, wood, and many other things that sometimes customers need help getting in to their cars. The other manager (his wife), I talked to her about how to handle customers, the phone and POS. I became their cashier BUT I also re-stocked when the trucks came in weekly, loaded cars, cut keys, filled chlorine containers, helped customers find what they need (gave recommendations) and answered the phone. This job, even to this day, has been my favorite. I knew the customers by name and my managers gave me the chance to prove myself at such a young age. It was an amazing learning experience.

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Woodridge, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

very simple, straight forward, basic interview questions. Go in, be confident on your interview its very easy. Make sure you ask questions at the end of your interview because it shows that your are interested in the position you are applying for.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not that great. i wish it could have gone better but I guess I didn't have what they wanted. It's a shame but I wish it was managed better as well.

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ace Hardware (Oceanside, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Walked in completed application to store owner; was in for personal interview about 2 weeks later- interview consisted basically of few specific questions regarding my work in sales and if I had any specific hardware knowledge and the like. 20 minutes duration.

Negotiation

was able to start at pay just slghtly above min. wage