Acelity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acelity (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Positive feedback from all 5 interviews.
    My advice to African Americans applying for highly visible positions, Don't Waste Your Time, you will not receive an offer! While interviewing, they will basically verbally, hire you. Once you leave the interview and follow-up per their instruction, it's as though you never existed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acelity in April 2018.

Interview

The overall process was very smooth and easy. Completed one phone interview with the hiring manager before being called in for a second interview with the manager and another employee, very nice and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acelity.

Interview

Ridiculously long. I interviewed with over 9 people in one day. It's as if I was interviewing for an executive leadership position. Moreover, most of the interviewers were not prepared and asked the same questions over and over.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acelity in March 2016.

Interview

Too many interviews asking the same questions. One interviewee asked the same questions that he asked during the phone interview without sufficient time for my questions. Last interaction was "thank you" without much else. The same interviewer was aggressive in his tone and interview style. This was sad because other interviewers were actually pleasant and portrayed the Company favorably. Overall, I could not assess whether we would be a good match through constructive dialogues but rather inferred that I would not be happy based on the interviewers' actions and behaviors. If you are visiting from outside San Antonio. Travel plans were botched from the start. Travel had to be rebooked on the day that I left for San Antonio. It did not leave a good impression going into the interview.

Interview Questions

Acelity Response

Mar 30, 2016 – Senior Manager, Corporate Communications

We want all of our interview candidates to have a positive experience--from the conversations and meeting people to travel and logistics. Sorry to hear that wasn't the case with you. I've passed... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acelity (San Antonio, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviews typically consist of a board of managers, and include a technical review to assess capabilities pertaining to the position. Interviewers span across several different areas that require constant collaboration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a new technology that you would be interested in implementing within the environment.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acelity (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First interview was basic information by recruiter, then had another interview by phone from someone HR, because they were leaving out of town, then about 2 1/2 hours of interviews by 3 other people connected to the position about a half an hour per and an hour for the main boss.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all were .. tell me about a time when...
      you worked on a project; resolved a conflict with a team member; busy day with conflicting activities...   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Acelity (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

The headhunter was my main contact throughout the interview and offer phase. The phone interviews were straightforward and easy; they were more conversational than Q & A. The marketing team was extremely impressive (I thought I would take the offer). However, at the offer phase, the entire deal fell apart.

The salary was less than what the hiring manager and recruiter promised. While recruiters typically over promised, he underpromised on the low end of the salary window. They offered $4,000 in tuition reimbursement, which is the lowest I have ever encountered ($5,250 is the allowable tax right off). The relocation amount was OK; except for the requests to relocate within 13 days of the offer AND they wouldn't pay for a hotel if I didn't relocate my family to San Antonio within the 13-day window. This was another first for me; industry standard is at least 3-4 week start date (2-week notice and 1-2 weeks to relocate). Additionally, I asked questions about the 401k vesting period; the recruiter and HR never answered my questions. The offer letter stated I would have to sign an NDA and mutual arbitration agreement (standard); however, when I asked to review them, I was told I "will sign them on my first day of employment." Once again, an industry first and not standard or best business practices. Finally, after not getting any information regarding my juvenile questions, the recruiter told me HR was getting "angry with me due to all of the questions I was asking" and "I need to sign the offer, or they will get someone else". I declined the offer, and the job posting is still up three weeks after I declined the offer.

It's unfortunate I had such an ridiculous encounter with the recruiter and HR, because the team I interviewed with was top-notch. However, the experience during the offer process was utterly unprofessional, encompassed a lot of "firsts" and proved HR doesn't work with top headhunters and expect to force your hand without addressing basic information. None of which indicate a robust and healthy corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Standard and fair questions for a qualified candidate   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Branchburg, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Acelity (Branchburg, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by onsite interviews. 5 half hour interviews each with a single interviewer. Interviewers included HR recruiter, Hiring Manager, peers and manager's manager. There was some redundancy from interviewer to interviewer, not sure if this was intentional or not.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions geared toward management experience, style and ability. Heavy on team interaction and ability to deliver results. Deep dives into areas of concern or focus on the resume, with open ended follow-up questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Acelity in May 2015.

Interview

Interview Process took over a month but it was a pleasant experience. First was a phone call followed by video call lasting couple of hours. The group explained very well about the exact scenario, challanges and requirement and expectations. Focused mostly on experiences to handle similar situations.

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Acelity (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back within the next week. Was offered a phone or on site interview, I chose to take the on site interview as I feel that it helps give a better impression on the interviewer. There were other people being interviewed that same day for the same position after me.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have? Which programming languages do you know? Are you familiar with IT systems and servers?   Answer Question

Acelity Response

Jun 1, 2017 – Global Social Media Team

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated.