Acquis Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Acquis Consulting Group

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Introduced by a recruiter and was set up for a 30 minute phone screen. The call started late. Not sure the interviewer was listening to me as they asked questions I had already answered. Very rude and abrupt ending. Even if it went further I would probably have declined given the shabby treatment on the call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about our background. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a 20 minute screening interview with a Principal. I was invited to their offices for a round of interviews. The first interview was basic, essentially asking why Acquis. The second interview consisted of two oral cases- nothing overly complicated, but clearly geared toward evaluating how you think through problems. The third interview was a basic background / resume review. I was informed a few days later that I was not going to be made an offer; however, I had been told previously that the third and final round of interviews would be with the firm's two partners.

Interview Questions

• You're thinking of buying a yoga studio, how would you evaluate whether or not it's a worthwhile investment?   Answer Question

T&S Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group.

Interview

Very poorly orchestrated process. The individuals that I spoke with were ill prepared and not personable at all and almost elitist. This was a big red flag, and I almost walked out mid-way through. Maybe because it is pure tech implementation, you get a different breed of individual. Might be the NYC mentality, but please be aware that you're not saving lives, you're implementing T&E solution. They stress culture, but there were no examples provided and it was visibly very cliquey in the office. I would recommend checking out the management consulting side of the business as I have heard good things, but avoid T&S at all costs. Please get your stuff together if you want to attract good talent. Only bright spots were that HR was friendly and that they reimbursed my travel, but I would consider the experience a net loss.

Interview Questions

• All fit/behavioral questions and there was no case even though it was mentioned that I would receive one. Again, no organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had an hour phone interview with the HR Manager. After, I was asked to come in person. I had to take an Excel, Word, and grammar test. Met with two consultants and the CEO. They seem like nice people but the organizational structure seems a bit loose. While I was there, I saw many of them watching the big screen TV or playing Ping Pong.

I was told I didn't have enough energy from them to hire. They were looking for someone peppy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my skills and what I may bring to the company if hired.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR via email. My interview was scheduled a week later on a Wed afternoon. Initially I had trouble hearing the interviewer. I believe she was a little away from the speaker. The rest of the interview process was usual conversation about background and why I wanted to move to a smaller firm. Currently, I am associated with one of the largest banks. The firm seems to have its hands in all kinds of industries with no specific focus. I could figure out during the interview that she was not much keen in my candidature. She sounded uninterested and didnt even make mention the next steps. The interview was supposed to last for 20 minutes but was over in 15 mins. In that short timeframe, I asked questions for 5 mins. After a week, I got an email from HR that they didnt want to move forward. I think they were simply testing waters and didnt have any dire requirement.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. It was primarily behavior. Mainly interviewer wanted to know what skills I am looking to apply in the next job, which I am unable to do now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I came across the company on an article that highlighted the best small consulting firms to work for. I contacted an HR manager on Linkedin who asked me to forward my resume. Within a week, I got an email for a telephonic interview with one of the partners at the firm. The interview was short, 15-20 minutes, and was just a walk through my resume. After two days, I got an email requesting me to come to the office in NY for a face-to-face interview.

I interviewed with two consultants at their office. One was a case interview with two open-ended cases. Evaluating the factors involved with having a consolidated, global data warehouse for a company, and analyzing the pros and cons of replacing laptops with iPads for 100 salespeople in a company.

The behavioral interview was basic. Questions about my resume, work experience, why consulting etc. I think it went well, but not great. I wasn't expecting a call back and got a reject the next week. The company is great, a little elitist though.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work do you think you can even do in your sleep, and what kind is an absolute no-brainer.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview went extremely well. Very basic and behavioral. Got a call back to a 1:1 where I interviewed with three different mid level HR/Principle Associates. Seemed to ask the same behavioral Qs in each round. Found myself repeating my experiences and background, it was quite redundant and fatiguing considering how late (5pm) the interview began. Also the case study isn't a typical case study, it was a broad process oriented problem that was clearly thought of on the spot. Overall not the best interview in terms of having a back and forth conversation with your interviewer. But the office is very zen like and comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online via a monster.com advertisement and through their corporate website. The interview was scheduled a week later through email for a phone interview with one of the Senior Associates. The interview consisted of about 15 minutes of behavior based questions. The interviewer opened the dialogue up for questions. The general feel from the interviewer was that they were looking for associates that fit into their culture that are looking for long term careers.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in this position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

did a phone interview and was selected for an in person interview following a few weeks...went to the in person interview and was told the interview processs would be several hours and was not told that initially ( i had an interview scheduled elsewhere later that day)

Interview Questions

• The first part of the interview was done by 3 consultants in a rotational setting   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Acquis Consulting Group.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss the company and my background. Having been in top management consulting companies, including McK I was entertaining an idea to join a small growing practice.

Acquis Consulting seemed to be a good candidate, so I thought until having a 10 minute discussion with a group that had no idea what consulting is.

To a question, what differentiates them from competition Olivia spent five minutes trying to explain that the company grows "organically" and competes "because it has existing client relationships". Here I am talking about someone who spent five years at Acquis Consulting.

Everyone I talked, while researching the firm seemed to have very mediocre backgrounds. Had no choice, but to laugh an move on to looking at other firms.

Interview Questions

• Here is a question you do not expect to hear on a consulting interview - "what is a business case?"   Answer Question