Actavis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Actavis (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiting Agency-Provided this position as a temp position after 4month. I then had a phone screen, HR 1:1 I then had a panel interview then an offer was provided. You are asked questions processing expense reports, travel logistics management and supporting various managers in a large team. As well as managing special projects throughout demanding request and tasks.

Interview Questions

• Experience with software tools?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Actavis.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews. Both were more of casual conversation than a formal interview. You meet with your manager or supervisor and they asked about my resume/ skills I had listed. Overall, not a very difficult interview but it is important to go in and sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Asked about skills listed on my resume, coursework, etc...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Actavis (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks from start to finish. It started with an email that wanted to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was very high level, wanted to know a little more about my background and different things about me. They asked one or two behaviorial questions. Moved onto in person interview with 3 people, HR, direct report manager, and then the director of the group.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this industry?   1 Answer

Launch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Actavis (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and that was very positive. The hiring manager was anxious to hire someone right away. One week later I had an in-person interview and that went well. I was interviewed my the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss, and the 3 launch managers I will be working with.

Interview Questions

• How many projects did you manage?
      Can you handle managing more than 20 projects.
      1 Answer
    • How did you engage your team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Actavis.

Interview

Applied directly to company, was contacted first by email, and then by phone. Two phone interviews prior to schedule face to face interview. After that, first interview was with DM I would be working for only. Second interview was with the Regional Vice President and another specialty manager. At that point, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work in pharmaceuticals?
      - What do you think is most critical to success in pharmaceutical sales?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Actavis.

Interview

Intense! Be prepared and eager to see yourself and a product. My interviewer took off his watch and asked me to sell it back to him... It was overwhelming, but I think if that's the line of work you want to be in, you'll be able to pass the interview with flying colors.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Actavis (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to go over resume, in person interview with direct manager, and in person interview with manager and region manager. Interview overall was very positive. Went over resume and what my experience previous was. Then moved on to situational questions with my experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Actavis in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online was contacted by DM three weeks later. At this point he conducted a brief phone interview and gave an overview of position/process/training. 1st interview w/DM, 2nd w/2 DM's, 3rd w/RM. Offer was given an hour after leaving RM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations bc I don't have any experience. Thus the base salary was pretty much set.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Actavis (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a third party recruiter for a phone screen and then invited to an in-person interview with the hiring manager and her boss. All in all it was a quick process however they have poor follow-up when it comes to informing candidates of their selection. I had to ask twice for a status update and then was finally given a response after 4 weeks had gone by. This is a tell tale sign to me it wasn't the company for me. They also partake in deleting the job post in order to get a refresh on candidates and not be on the hook for having to provide a reason why a candidate was not selected.

Interview Questions

• All three interviewers followed the scripted behavioral questions and didn't really ask any questions outside of the box. This included the person doing the interview for HR. Sample question - tell me when you worked on a project that presented an issue and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Actavis (Kansas City, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

Horrible, they definitely have a set agenda of what they are wanting to hear. Didn't show any personality and made it very awkward. They made clear that you was one of a lot trying to get a job with this company. Probably just a bad manager but it wasn't fun!