Actelion Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Actelion Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2016

3.8

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Actelion Group.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, F2F with hiring manager, HR interview, F2F with director and directors boss. The interview with director level was also with hiring manager as observer. It was very comfortable as we met in a very casual environment. Recruiter was always the contact in between interviews.Need to learn the products, you will be asked specific questions about them.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you were confronted about something you did wrong.
      If you could only meet with someone once a quarter, how would you approach it?
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Actelion Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had long interview process
    1. CEO and manager interview then 2. I had manager interview 3. Then i had ceo interview
    The final phone interview
    The questions that were asked were pretty general.
    It included questions like company values, what are your experiences. Then they asked classical interview questions such as why are you applying and what are you trying to achieve

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was a long negotiation process for salary.
    They really wanted someone who could work for the price

Specialty Pharmacy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Actelion Group (South San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. Spoke with a recruiter for the company first over the phone, and then had another call with the hiring manager. My conversation with the recruiter was a typical screener. The hiring manager asked about my typical day to day.

Interview Questions

• Professional recruiters and interviewers. Prompt response. Very approachable. Thanks for making the process less stressful. They need to run background check prior to hiring you, which may take some times.   Answer Question

Clinical Educator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Actelion Group.

Interview

lengthy. 2 interviews, one formal presentation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Actelion Group (South San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

A contract HR will screen the resume and conduct initial phone interview. He then forwards the resume and make recommendations to the hiring manager which then conducted another phone interview. In person interview then follows with 2 of his other reports. During the interview, the hiring manager conducted a series of case studies (one was in Excel and the other was in logic reasoning). Unfortunately, I was not invited back for another round of interview, which he said would have been a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Case study was random business analytical tests one of which was to find the relationships between two variables and interpret the correlations.   Answer Question

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Actelion Group (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview process were nice and smooth. Friendly and professional people.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a diffeicult experience you had in the workplace and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Business objects Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Actelion Group (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Had 45 min. phone interview with contractor that I would be replacing. His questions were on technical aspects of BusinessObjects and sql syntax were very comprehensive. Phone interview with hiring manager focused on business scenarios and interactions with internal clients. In-person interview with hiring manager was mostly a repeat of phone interview. Next interview with IT VP was very difficult as this person did not look up from notes. I felt no connection with this person and could not interpet the body language. Interview with database architect with very difficult due to in-depth MS SQL Server 2005 questions. Questions were more appropriate for database designer not BusinessObjects designer. Next two interviews again focused on business scenarios with some basic sql questions. The only feedback I received was that the database architect was not satisfied with my interview, and the VP had "reservations". I asked the recruiter for more details and the opportunity to respond to the concerns. As is unfortunately the common situation, no further feedback was given living me to guess what they were. One point; this was the first time I felt that my apparent age could have been a factor. Everyone I spoke to appeared to be under 35 and I look much older. This is of course almost impossible to know if true. Besides the age issue, not getting any detailed feedback makes it very hard to evaluate how the interview went.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between 2000 and 2005 SQL Server?   Answer Question

Business Information Manager - Interim 6m's Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiswick, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Actelion Group (Chiswick, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Excel test and competency questioning.

The test was in no way easy and misrepresented. I was told I would have an Excel test which instead turned out to be 1hr data analysis, using a laptop with unusual Fn keys! During the 1hr of analysis, I had to also deal with the distractions of someone having a meeting next door and the interview room phone ringing. There was no information on data source so difficult to interpret much from it. There were mistakes in the questionnaire, one data sheet was corrupt, and one piece of data was virtually meaningless. I had to answer several questions and present back to the interviewers. They went off then returned for general competency Q&A.

I was interviewed by the ex-Business Information Manager, who had far less BI experience than me, who concluded I was unable to do her old job. Alleged reason: not able to make up information that was unsubstantiated with facts - job requires a lot of guess work apparently, especially for the US. Perhaps they were expecting me to instantly have an intuitive feel and understanding of a market that was known to them yet unknown to me. This was for an interim role, one to sort out the mess of the previous incumbent apparently, until they found a permanent employee prepared to take it on.

I hoped to make a difference for the company and felt their company values coincided with my own work ethics, alas I feel that this is what went against me. Open Communication, innovation, results driven, perhaps challenging conventional wisdom with my experience and insights was not reassuring for the interviewers who are partly responsible of why that role is in its current state. Hopefully I'll get another opportunity at another time when people feel safer in their own roles and don't feel threatened by me being asked to pick up the pieces and continue with some quite basic tasks that I've been doing for most of my career.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to implement a change?
      How do you maintain accuracy? Which seemed an odd question from someone that relied on a lot of guess work.

Compared to other interviews, the interviewing was poor, like they had little interviewing experience. One slouched and had poor listening skills or just wasn't awake. Compared to other organisations I've worked in, I was surprised these two held such important roles.
      1 Answer

SAS SDTM Clinical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Actelion Group (Basel (Switzerland)) in January 2016.

Interview

This was for a contract position. The main interviewer asked a few general questions about your work history, and there was a programming test. However the programming test contained code which was esoteric, and not easy to determine the outcome, and would never actually be used in a real program.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever consider a permanent position?
      Review of work history.

Programming test.

the programming test contained examples where a set statement was used with an if-then-else or a do-loop where the condition was contained in the within the dataset. These of course are not programs which you would ever see in a real-life context.

Example 1

var='A';
      var='B';
      var='C';

Data test;
      if var='A' then set test;

Example 2

set test;
      end;
      1 Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basel (Switzerland)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Actelion Group (Basel (Switzerland)).

Interview

It was the worst process ever, I was not given information on time , everything was wishy washy . The process was not clear and information I was given was not correct.

Interview Questions

• Head of hr asked very irrelevant questions such as age , marital status and so on. I was shocked how unprofessional the interview was.   Answer Question

I can't work for someone who asks illegal questions