Actiance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.6

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Actiance (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter Reached out to me. Had 3 Rounds of Interview. 30-40 min interview, were not that difficult. Most of it was just what you had on your resume, and walkthrough of configuration of DNS & OpenLdap.

Interview Questions

• Asked about indepth DNS & OpenLDAP configuration and purpose   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Actiance (Redwood City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Heard back from the recruiter around 2 weeks after applied.

2. Setup a phone screen around 1 week after with the hiring manager for the first round - around 30 mins for common questions and experience.

3. Three Days after #2, setup the second round onsite interview with the hiring manager around 1 hour talk. No other team was involved with the interview.

4. One week after #3, sent an email to follow up to see the process - was told by the hiring manager that the hiring is still going on, please go back and check with them after 1 month

5. One month after #4, sent 4 emails to follow up the process but haven't heard back anything yet.

6. Two weeks after #5, write an review on Glassdoor

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Actiance (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Through networking found opportunity at Actiance. Within 2 weeks had completed a series of interviews with key leaders and executives. Received offer and agreed to commence employment shortly thereafter. Very compact process.

Interview Questions

• As the leader of business development, what would be your #1 priority?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Actiance (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter and then hiring manager. Good interview that felt more like a good conversation rather than an interview. Followed by two more phone interview with other Director level staff. In person interviews with cross functional leader.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on Resume content and discussing experience and pain points moving from a software to a SaaS model.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Actiance in November 2014.

Interview

I was hesitant to apply after reading the reviews here...I should have listened to that instinct.
    Interviewed over the course of 3 months for Product Marketing position. Included several phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews. 6 total. After bringing me in to the office for a multiple person, multi-hour interview, said they would like to schedule another round of interviews with other executives/team-members moving forward. The hiring manager went on vacation and never got back to me, even after checking in with their recruiting coordinator several times. They kept saying that they would schedule it and let me know. After investing that much time and energy into them they didn't even have the decency or professionalism to wrap up the process or give me any kind of answer whatsoever, just endless delays. Very inconsiderate, un-professional and off-putting. No wonder employees are jumping ship like mad.

Interview Questions

• How would you position/pitch the US postal service as a service for a target audience of small business owners? 15 minutes alone to brainstorm.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Actiance (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Good knowledgable people took interview. I like each round of interview, it will explore most of our talent. Question about HTML JavaScript and java are great. Solving real time problems is the best among all the questions. Over all it's a great experience.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Actiance (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 rounds of small interview sessions - that's it!
    they did not ask too much of technical questions - more like if this is the problem will you be able to solve it? Did not go deep into "how to solve" aspects

Interview Questions

• You believe in something and senior management does not. How would you prove them wrong and gain their trust?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Actiance.

Interview

usually there will be 4 rounds- 1 und of Telephonic, 3 rounds of Face to Face and then discussion with HR. Interviews are not tuf to crack. you need to apply your general knowledge and common sense.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Actiance (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Confused HR panel. Just for the names sake they called me for interview. After confirming my current CTC her face was stunned and shocked. She immediately started telling how long and difficult interviews are here, so she was making ground for my already decided rejection.

For F2F 2 persons came, out of them one was architect and other was a dummy person. They were looking in laptop the interview questions and after each question architect was smiling cunningly. Dummy person was trying to keep shut as much as possible, where as architect was trying to prove all my answers wrong.

What a waste of time :(

Interview Questions

• How will you accommodate 100 million users in InnoDB in one shot with latency of 100 ms ? Ridiculous...

How to make ur CPU to process 10k threads making a network call without hanging ?

What is agile and scrum ?

How will u manage ur conflict with ur architect? (I was thinking how to manage conflict with him at this point)   1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Actiance (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

1 Round of telephonic
    1 round of face to face
    Typical telephonic round as interviwer was in a hurry to wrap it up. I had to wait 20 mins after the scheduled time to get the call. schedule was at 5 pm he called at 5.20.

face to face :
    2 folks came to take my interview. I applied for UI + back end dev and told them clearly back end is my primary skill set i can do UI stuff. But in 1 hr 15 mins of interview 1 hr was on UI (javascript and html) and just one question from java collection and one dynamic programming question.

The sad part about the interview was one of the interviewers among two seemed to be absolutely not interested of whatever I had to say. I was explaining stuff looking at both of them but this guy just looked at the window without giving a damn about what I had to say. I felt disgusted.
    Absolutely un professional.

Even if I was offered I would not have joined.

Interview Questions

• design a json structure with country , state and their capital. write javascript to show them in a tree structure in the ui   Answer Question