Active Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The process took a week and a half. Online Personality assessment and Aptitude test. Followed by a phone screen with the Recruiting Supervisor. She was super friendly. A few hours after phone screen, another online aptitude test, while supervisor "verified" via face time. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview to meet with multiple heads of the HR team, but ended up only speaking with one. Great office space, everyone I met was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe your typical day as a recruiter. (how would you prepare, etc.)
      How would you approach a situation where your manager asked you to make 200 calls in one day?
      Answer Question

Proposal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was greeted by the recruiter and we went down to interview with the team manager. We went into what looked like an abandoned office and sat on a couch - not the traditional desk/chair. It works with their environment though. Upon interviewing, he received a call and took the call not even excusing himself. I found that off-putting, but I just figured it was their "casual" nature that they kept referring to. Then, he started texting the other members of the team to join in on the interview. One was extremely quiet and the other was very condescending in his word choices and questions. I immediately felt unwelcome, but I continued to stay positive. They began to discuss other interviews in front of me and almost making fun of the candidates. Then, I interviewed with another person who didn't seem to have the slightest interest in the interview. He was so pre-occupied with other things that he wasn't even paying attention. It was so unprofessional. However, again, I remained positive. So I thanked them for their time. I sent a follow up email and never received a response. A week later, I emailed again to touch base on the position (they supposedly were only considering 3 others). Absolutely no response. Almost a half a month later and nothing has come from the interview. I found it extremely unprofessional to not at least send a follow up email regarding the position. Common courtesy of human resources says to do that, especially if you've been contacted twice. They had no problem blowing up my email with the assessments, phone interviews, and Skype interview.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Active Network (Green Bay, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

It was as general general questions about my work history and some general questions about over the phone customer service. All the questions seemed very generic. The interview was very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

Applied online. Took an aptitude test. A couple days later I spoke to a HR rep and scheduled a Skype interview to take a final apptitude test. Got an email later that day and and scheduled an interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• Talked about previous experience. what motivates me. What are my professional goals. Sales role play situation   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Was recruited from LinkedIN and did a phone interview. They sent me an aptitude test which I passed and came in for an interview with my now director. Had a job offer the following day which I immediately accepted.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a vested interest in youth sports?   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview process, then a short assessment taken during the phone screen. A week later, there was a second assessment over Skype. Then, I came in to interview with the HR manager. The entire process took 3 weeks.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

applied online and received what seemed to be an automated email to complete 20 minute online cognitive test, followed by a short phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by another online cognitive test this time via skype- followed by an in person interview

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, your experience, expectations, etc   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Process was fairly generic while working with the recruiter. All communication was through the recruiter at which point I was disappointed in the end result which was that the recruiter was under the impression my salary point was more than 50% higher than I spoke to her and never quite grasped what position I was interested in and thus actually applying for. We ended up working that out, but come to find out, the position I had applied for had been filled already when my interview process was in limbo due to the salary requirement the recruiter thought was way out of the salary range, but in reality was right in the range they were looking for.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Active Network (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long and the interviewer talked about the functions of the company and what the process is to become a Reservation agent. It was a pleasant interview the person was very social and courteous.

The job is a pro if you have no job experience or college degree. They are willing to accept you if you have a high school degree and is well in communicating. It's a plus because getting out of high school it's pretty hard to find a job that will allow a new graduated student.

One negative thing is the interviewer had forgotten to contact me and I had to make the initial contact.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal a customer that is a bit more rude and angry?

Would you be able to move on to a customer right after a rude customer?

What is your definition for being late?
      Answer Question
    • What is your definition of being late?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiating. She asked if I knew their hourly pay and that it was the amount they were willing to pay.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Active Network (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief some 21yr old who is probably related or friends with the main scammers in charge typical dumb questions there just basically in awe you would actually take a low paying job with a horrible reputation.you could fart on the phone and get hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

simple take below minimum wage or leave it