Active Network Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Active Network Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Active Network

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

Didn't pass the aptitude test. Doesn't make sense why they'd screen candidates using such a test. I have top 1% GRE and GMAT scores, but only managed to complete 3/5 of this test because of time. I disapprove of the test because the test results would depend more on test taking tactics rather than aptitude.

The problem with the test is that the questions with calculations take some time to compute - since you do it on paper - whereas other spatial pattern type questions take only a few seconds for example. So, to complete the test in time, you should just skip or guess the computing questions.

Instructions do say not to spend too much time on one question and that you should spend around 18 secs per question. But most standardized tests say similar things. In most cases, you can complete most standardized tests in time without being too conscious of the time because of the way they are designed: time saved on shorter questions would offset the time spent on longer ones. This does not seem to be the case with this test.

There were no sample questions or screenshots of the test page prior to the test. I didn't even know where the clock was, so forgot it existed. Also, 'Don't spend too much time on a question' is a really vague instruction, in my opinion. I tried to solve them all because I knew I could, but this was a mistake. But as someone taking the test for the first time, how would I know how many skipped questions is acceptable? One, two, five, ten? Also, I didn't know that the time it took to solve questions varies so much by question.

This test would screen out perfectly qualified candidates because of these reasons. I hope the reader does not make the same mistake, or the HR actually does something about this weird non-sensical screening. Hope this helps.

Other Interview Reviews for Active Network

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Sent in my resume, got a response the next day to fill in an online assessment. Never heard back after filling in the online assessment. The online assessment was not incredibly hard. It was 2 parts; a "rate yourself on 1-5" test, and an IQ test with many math questions. They were not hard, but there was not enough time to do the test without a calculator, and instructions specifically said not to use a calculator.

Interview Questions

• Person A and person B both need to write a 200 page book. Person A write 20 pages per day, person B writes 30 pages per day. How much earlier will person B finish writing the book?   4 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Active Network in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. First I was contacted by HR for a phone screen call. He just went over my background and why I was applying for the job. Next I had two phone interviews with other product managers withing the company. Again standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a presentation you had to make to influence executive management.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Active Network (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. No phone call, no face to face. Was sent an aptitude test and personality test to be done online. Surprisingly got a mechanical response back suggesting "we have moved forward with other candidates". Strangely, the entire process lacked human touch. Right from the first contact till the automated email.