Active Network Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Active Network Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Active Network

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Active Network (Draper, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

In the interview they gave me a simple scenario and asked me to create Database tables and asked me to write some simple queries using those tables. After that they asked me some questions on Java Utilities and the rest were typical HR questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Active Network

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

I applied online through their website for a PHP Developer position. The HR responded with an assessment test, that consisted of an untimed personality assessment portion and a timed cognitive section. Although the test was pretty easy, the only challenge was to complete 50 questions in 15 minutes. After the test, I heard from the HR that I had cleared the test. The next round was a technical assessment test, which had 20 questions related to C, PHP, Shell Scripting, JQuery, Java, Database Queries. I completed the test in a couple of days and heard from the HR that the Hiring Manager would like to setup a phone interview with me. The phone interview was mostly conversational, with describing the position in detail and inquiring about my background in detail. There were also some questions on OOPS and Database concepts. On the same day, I heard from him that they would like to schedule a Skype interview with 2 more team members. The Skype interview was a mix of behavioral questions, and my thinking on some of the questions on the technical test. The interview went really well, with the Hiring Manager saying I should hear back within a week. That's the last I heard from them! A week passed, and I followed up with the HR but received no response. Another week passed, with me following up again and receiving no response. After this, I decided to contact the Hiring Manager and sent him an email asking for feedback. I also sent a third email to the HR. It's been more than another week, and I haven't heard back.

To Active Network: At least have the courtesy to reply to an applicant!

Interview Questions

• Given an function that return a random number from 0 to 5, implement a function returning a random number from 0 to 7.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Active Network.

Interview

They ask about the interest to the job as well as your skills. They are pretty interested in my website asp.net skill and give me the onsite chance for this. The onsite is not too hard and they are very polite and patient during the whole process.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Active Network in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email back the next day about taking their aptitude test. After I took it, I got a call a week later for initial screening. A week after that, I got another phone call for a conference interview. These three weeks were spent with little to no communication and continual screw ups on Active's end. The conference interview was the worst I've experienced, with horrible hiring managers and several interruptions from other interviewees while I was interviewing on the same conference line. Despite any of this, they decided to give me an offer and asked for me to accept it within the day. I asked for a formal, written job offer and they took the offer of the table on the spot. Good riddance. Spend some time reading the reviews from their employees; you'll be hard-pressed to find a single member of the technical division that has had a positive experience with this company.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between static and final?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Technically they rescinded the offer, but I was going to turn them down regardless; the entire application process was a nightmare.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

There is no response after the interview. I took the online assessment twice, one phone interview and the onsite interview took about 30 minutes. I actually feel pretty satisfied after the interview, but there is no any response in the future two weeks. Although I sent several thank you letters, there was no one replying me. Finally, after two weeks of my interview, I received an short email said they will not move forward with me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Active Network (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You need to take kind of an IQ test (written). The interview was with 2 people asking questions about our willingness to get the job done and being committed to getting the job done and giving examples of how I did that in the past.