Active Network Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Active Network Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Active Network

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Active Network (Nashville, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying several times on their website over the months, I played phone/email tag with a person in HR. Finally another HR person set up an interview with the hiring manager. Met with the hiring manager, who took one look at my resume and stated that he knew I could handle the job by my credentials as I was overqualified. We discussed the different work culture he was offering compared to my current position, which is like night and day. I wanted that job very much. Unfortunately the cut in pay in what he was offering was too much for me to absorb, even for the better quality of work life.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to take a lower-paying job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Active Network

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Active Network (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The first stage of the interview is an aptitude test. I don't think this applies in the US. The test was relatively easy for anyone technically minded.

The second stage was a personality survey (multiple choice)

I was called in for an interview and asked to make a brief presentation on any technical item. People that choose non-technical things or cannot explain them or answer simple questions generally do not get hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you don't know the answer to something?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Active Network (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process consisted of an initial phone interview which was some generic questions to narrow down the field (covering topics including resume, work history, education, and a little about yourself). Second phase is an in-person interview that covered topics like specific challenges/accomplishments before, specialties in your field, your strengths/weaknesses. Same time did an online "IQ Test". Third phase was a group "how to" presentation on any piece of software you know well. This is 10 minutes and demonstrates your ability to communicate software needs efficiently.

Interview Questions

• What about other people frustrates you the most?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I don't currently have enough experience to have a strong negotiation position and they offered the minimum in my range request.