Activision Blizzard Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

It was 30 minutes behavioral and 30 minutes technical interview with two separate interviewers. My behavioral interview was with a game designer, and we primarily talked about games and past projects. The technical interview was on a lot of C++ and CPU topics.

Interview Questions

• They asked about an AI game player project from my freshman year.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process was very professional and positive. The Director of TA was great throughout the process. I would highly recommend applying to this company. The are many opportunities and people seem engaged.

Marketing Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was more technical than I expected. Although I was prepared for technical questions, I expected to lead a team with the technical ability. The interview also included a presentation the the entire group that interviewed you. What I liked about the interview was that they knew what they were looking for in terms of technical experience. This made the decision process easier because you knew after the interview if this was something you want to do.

Interview Questions

• How many models have you created?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any presentations you can share with the interviewers?   Answer Question
    • What datasets do you think are the most important in the video game industry?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 10+ people, two rounds of in person interviews at the office and several phone interviews as well. Pretty standard interview questions about my background, experiences, why I wanted to make a move, etc.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

phone interview followed by in person interview. in pe rson interview was a lunch interview and was more about getting to know me. my portfolio was a great help and taken into consideration the most.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Was called by the talent manager, then interviewed from the VP of the branch to senior level colleagues. I was asked several questions on my experience, how I would act in several circumstances, what my past experience was.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions, just a lengthy review of my qualifications and what I could contribute to the team and the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was lower than I asked, but they offered a sign-in bonus and performance based bonuses, that usually you never get, as much of your work depends on factors beyond your control. After the interview I waited for almost two months before I was contacted again for an offer.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

After being approved for their interview process, me and maybe 40 other people all went into a screening process where we were tested on what we would do in certain situations. Along with an actual video game testing test (heh), where the interviewees had to write down what they found wrong with the video game. The test is not difficult. If you've played some games over the years, you generally know how things are supposed to look like. There are many obvious glitches and imperfections on the test they give you.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Brief HR phone interview on your experience and what the role was offering. one on one interview was mostly non-technical and details of the past experience.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tv production technology which i clearly didnt have in my profile   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager, Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I spoke with a total of 6 people over a month. The first was a phone interview with HR. Pretty standard. My first in-person meeting was with three directors, one of which was the person for which I would have been working. Two of the meetings spent most of the time covering my background, work experience, why I wanted to work for the company, etc. The third was a case question. Though it was challenging, the interviewer had an agenda for the question and would not accept an alternative method to reach an answer. Frustrating, but apparently I did well enough to move on. In the following weeks, I meet with two Sr. VPs. Both were friendly and went well. Despite phone calls and e-mails, I didn't hear anything for another month before hearing the news the job went to someone else. I found out the company had another round of layoffs which may explain the silence.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the revenue of one of the major television networks.   Answer Question

Brand Manager Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision Blizzard (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Activision was recruiting for a Brand Manager MBA Summer Intern at my business school. The interview was 1:1, each lasting 30 minutes. The first interviewer focused on behavioral/fit questions while the second focused mostly on marketing case questions. The interviewers were very friendly and conversational. I had met both of them the night before at a recruiting that was being held for the interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Management has asked you to launch 2 games from the same franchise in one year. One game is for the XBOX/PS3, the other is for the Wii. Management wants to know your launch strategy. How do you proceed?   Answer Question