Activision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.5

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

was not prepared was not thought out at all same questions all over the places from every one of them and many irreverent questions. especially from recruiter's insight about job that I was applying, SHe/he had no idea what kind of qualification this job required to have.

Interview Questions

• what kind of games or game you have or currently are playing for past 4 months in terms of 3rd person shooter and massive multi player online game   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by in person interview with 2 people on production team the following week. Tone of interview was laid back. Not a ton of information on Activision's internal production structure in the job description, so lots of new information in the interview itself.

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision.

Interview

I had three interviews with this company and all were over the telephone. I had amazing and awesome feedback regarding my interview and was really excited about this opportunity. A couple days went by and I never heard from them. I emailed them about their hiring timetable and when final decisions would be made. Weeks went by and I never heard one thing. Thought it was pretty unprofessional not hearing anything back, since I did recieve really positive feedback about my work experience.

Data Analyst/CRM/Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Can't remember the exact job title but it has to do with CRM and data analytics. Got a call from the director/manager. Apparently, my resume was being passed around in the company for about a year. Finally, someone found me interesting.

We spent 30mins talking and eventually the conversation spilled over to lunch time. Interviewer asked if I can stay a little longer, I said why not. Interviewer replied with the most ridiculous line "You better be! Cos I am giving up lunch for this.".

That was very rude.

Was asked basic SQL questions. I am working for a 6-figure salary in Mountain View yet interviewer finds it necessary to test my sql skills. Exactly sure what was the point. If you doubt my skills/abilities, don't call to talk to me.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was chaotic at best. One phone interview never happened, and I didn't receive an email to reschedule until days later. One in-person interview had me waiting for an hour to see the hiring manager. In the end, I got an offer from another company, so I ended the process, which was a huge relief. The company and products are cool, but internally they seem really disorganized / dysfunctional.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions about relevant experience, examples of similar projects that I had worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

After applying online had a phone interview with HR which consisted of general questions about my work experience and interest in the position. After our conversation they indicated they would like me to come in and meet with 2 hiring managers. HR was great about giving background and preping for what the hiring managers were looking for.

I was scheduled to meet with 2 hiring managers - one 45 min interview, one 30 minute interview - and barely got 30 minutes total of their time. The first hiring manager showed up 20 minutes late, made no effort to ask me about my experience and was annoyed when I asked questions. The second hiring manager also showed up late, announced she had another meeting scheduled and was cutting our conversation to 15 minutes. They asked a few more questions, but seemed very preoccupied and uninterested in what I had to say.

I am not sure if the hiring decisions had been made in-between my initial conversation with HR and my interview or if I was a candidate HR pushed for, but hiring managers didn't have any interest in. My impression of the organization was they have been running extremely lean with more work than people to do it and has created a culture that is disorganized and chaotic.

I was relieved when I received an email from HR indicating they were pursuing other candidates. While the position itself was something I was very excited about, both the organization and hiring managers were extreme turnoffs to the position.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Edina, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Got there and had to wait for an interview along with dozens of other applicants. Finally got in and talked to two employees who were very nice and asked standard interview questions and talked about my resumé. Next interviewer seemed aloof and disinterested, and after that I was out there door with very little of an idea of what might happen next...

Interview Questions

• Asked me to list 3 things I'm bad at, not a totally uncommon question but still one that caught me at least a bit off guard.   Answer Question

Finance Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

There were 2 30minute interviews with 2 people each. They wanted to know about excel experience, real life accounting application work, and seemed to want accounting majors over finance majors. 2 of the interviews were super cold about it, while the other 2 seemed very nice.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

It went well. The interview was veyr friendly and assisted me with my questions. They provided the guidelines for what the job entailed. They also detailed the full-time hiring process since most starting QA positions are temp.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to test games?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Activision (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Got contacted by internal recruiter and had a phone conversation with him. He asked what I knew about Activision Value and I recited the history of the company which impressed him (do your homework). Scheduled a call with the VP and that was horrible. The VP didn't pay any attention to my answers, asking me if I really want to live in MN (relocation) after I told him how much I wanted to live there. He was silent and I could hear typing in the b/g so I think he was working on something else during the call. Basically, he was looking for someone to manage 'shovel-ware' with quick turnarounds and low budgets which turned me off as I care about quality. I didn't want the job after the call but still sent a very nice email thank you. Never heard back but I didn't expect to. Relocating to work for a person who doesn't give you common courtsey on a phone interview is a recipe for disaster.