Activision Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.5

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

The interview process itself was great and as I would expect. I met with each team member and thought the interview went well. The follow up was the disappointing part. After my on-site interviews, I was informed that the SVP wanted to meet a few more candidates before bringing the finalists back on-site to meet with additional Business Leaders with whom this role would partner. After that, I never heard from them again - not even to tell me that the hiring manager had decided to move forward with other candidates. I wasn't upset I didn't get the role - I was bothered that I didn't receive any follow up and no one closed out the process with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult working relationship you've experienced.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, phone interview with senior management, in-person interviews with four people over the course of four hours. The recruiter is friendly, helpful, and approachable but the interviewers tend to be awkward and unfriendly. Nobody will contact you if you do not get an offer, so you'll have to ask.

Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Activision (Bloomington, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Went into the office after scheduling the interview and was put into a room with a large group of other applicants. Was a very standard interview mainly focusing on what games I enjoy and what I'd do if I run into certain situations while playing a game at home. After meeting with the first interviewer I was "moved" to another area to meet with a higher up, which turned out to be the Senior Manager that I would be working with when accepting the job offer. Seemed that only people the first interviewer "accepted" spoke with the higher up.

Interview Questions

• Name certain bugs you'd look for when playing a game?   1 Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online a few months before hearing from them. I happened to be emailing some of the Activision recruiters regarding other internship openings but nothing was available. A few days later I received an email from another recruiter asking me if I would like to interview for this internship. There were two 30 min interviews back to back with the associate producer and production director respectively. Focused on my experience with prior game projects, why I liked Activision, and my personality. They were looking for someone with production experience who could work well with others, be a team player, and didn't need a lot of tutorial on how to do the job. I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• What unique value would you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (El Segundo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview was held at their El Segundo location on the 7th in their Pitfall conference room. I was interviewed by 3 managers all at once.They asked fairly normal questions and I did not feel intimidated they made sure you were comfortable. The only thing was during the course of the interview and even listed in the job description they did not state you would not be hired directly through the company, instead it's through a temp agency call Volt Information Sciences. It takes forever to get hired within the company. The wait time to receive the offer was about 3 weeks. I was laid off after 7 months due to "budgets cuts" all they did was change the job title from Outreach Specialist to Customer Service Representative. All in all it was fun while it was lasted but their management is terrible and they are a bit unorganized most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What's your favorite video game?
      Do you know any Activision titles?   Answer Question

Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

was not prepared was not thought out at all same questions all over the places from every one of them and many irreverent questions. especially from recruiter's insight about job that I was applying, SHe/he had no idea what kind of qualification this job required to have.

Interview Questions

• what kind of games or game you have or currently are playing for past 4 months in terms of 3rd person shooter and massive multi player online game   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by in person interview with 2 people on production team the following week. Tone of interview was laid back. Not a ton of information on Activision's internal production structure in the job description, so lots of new information in the interview itself.

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision.

Interview

I had three interviews with this company and all were over the telephone. I had amazing and awesome feedback regarding my interview and was really excited about this opportunity. A couple days went by and I never heard from them. I emailed them about their hiring timetable and when final decisions would be made. Weeks went by and I never heard one thing. Thought it was pretty unprofessional not hearing anything back, since I did recieve really positive feedback about my work experience.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Activision (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Interviews by multiple project leads on the same day. A group of about 20 of us met in the lobby. We were then escorted to the basement and waited for project leads to call on us.

Senior Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Activision (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, go through resume , answer questions, meet with other producers, meet with upper management. They flew me from Knoxville TN to Minneapolis and put me up in a hotel overnight.