Actuant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Actuant (Spring Grove, IL).

Interview

The interview was multiple people. HR, then Engineering and Production. Despite spending almost 4 hours on site, I never heard back. Not even a rejection email. Very low class

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Actuant.

Interview

I signed up for an interview through my university, and the interview took place with someone from HR. Overall, the questions were fairly standard interview questions; however, with some of the questions, I had to answer a lot of follow-up questions. It was fairly informal and at times felt like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbandale, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Actuant (Urbandale, IA) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard process, applied online via company website. Took a few weeks for a phone interview with someone in Wisconsin corporate office. This was around the holidays so waited a couple of weeks to check back and was asked for onsite interview with hiring manager, HR, etc. This seemed like more of a token interview though. Didn't seem engaged during interview; drove 6 hours round trip for less than 1 hour group interview. Interviewed really seems to focus on cultural fit over my skills and qualifications. Followed up with HR person a couple of weeks after interview and no response via email or phone; been almost 2 months with no word and position is still up on company website. Guess I wasn't a big enough gear head/shade tree mechanic for their team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Actuant in December 2016.

Interview

I was connected with Actuant at a National sales Competition and then the process took 1+ month. After that there were 4 different interviews. 3 1:1 interviews and 1 group interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Actuant.

Interview

Candidates are generally recruited from campus career fairs. They are then invited to an on campus/initial interview with an HR recruiter. After, the candidate is invited to an onsite interview where you meet with upper level HR and management in a round robin style process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After the offer, you have 1 week to accept with very limited negotiation.

Marketing Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Actuant (Menomonee Falls, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was held on campus and was primarily a "tell me about yourself" discussion. After passing this round, I was asked to a final round interview at the office in Menomonee Falls, WI where I had 6 30-minute interviews, all with high-level executives from the company. These interviews consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, "tell me about a time when..." questions and just general conversations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced uncertainty and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Actuant (Champaign, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very informal, conversational, nice people. Didn't feel like they really got to know me. Questions were very broad. Impossible to prepare for interview unless someone tells you the questions before hand.

Engineering Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Actuant (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. One on campus interview and then another on-site interview. Both were very casual and behavioral interviews - nothing technical. They like it if you have prior experience in industry with internships or jobs. The campus interview was with a couple recruiters and the on site interview was with 4 people that work in the company. As usual, do a lot of research on the company and if you can, competitors. Ask them about how they grow and about the role. The more questions you ask, the more interested you sound.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had a group meeting and something didn't go according to plan. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

CREDIT & COLLECTIONS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Actuant in January 2016.

Interview

Professional staff trying to keep up with the ever changing dynamic of the corporate model. Good summary of the day duties and responsibilities required. Multiple interviews but quick to make decisions.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Actuant in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with HR a few resume/experience questions and a few behavior questions. Heard back about a month later to come for an onsite interview. They fly you out the night before then the interviews are the next day. I was with 4 other candidates interviewing for the same job. Interview with 4 different people. Casual interviews with no tough questions. Heard back about a week later that I did not receive an offer