Acturis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acturis Interview Questions

Interviews at Acturis

3.1

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

Online test with 20 questions to complete in 30 minutes. After success in this I was invited to their office in London for three interviews with three different people from different areas of the company. This was mainly to complete case studies relating to their areas of the company. They also asked me to run through a question I got right from the online tests and asked a few questions about my CV and other things. They got back to me about 3 working days after the interview to offer me a role.

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

You do an online GMAT style test. If you pass, you are invited to a face to face interview lasting up to 3 hours. The main focus of this interview is working through up to 3 case studies. Whilst these are not massively challenging, it seems that Acturis want you to figure out the answer to questions almost immediately - taking any longer than that, or requiring any hints appears to be frowned upon.

This interview process is therefore entirely won or lost on your intelligence and problem solving ability - there's no room for your other important skills and personality to win them over, which is a shame. However, the bigger issue is how Acturis behave when you don't do well enough in a case study (and so won't be progressed to the next one). The interviewer will say "I'll see if anyone's available" (to take you through the next case study). A few minutes later they reveal that no one is available (surprise surprise) and you are done for now. I am certain that they always do this as not only have I experienced this behaviour twice, but it is also mentioned in other reviews.

This indirect approach to "cutting the interview short" is very disrespectful, particularly when it's so obvious that your interview has been cut short (as you know beforehand that there are 3 case studies to complete). The interviewer should simply say that you haven't passed, and that's it.

Overall, I think that the design of the interview process and the behaviour of the interviewers indicates that Acturis aren't particularly bothered about you as a person - they simply want someone who has expectional problem solving skills. I certainly don't want to work for a company who take such a shallow approach to interviewing - do you?

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

I initially did an online 30 minute maths test which was straight forward. The face to face interview was given at short quite short notice. It consisted of a few questions about my CV, going through the same style maths questions as the online test in front of the interviewer which I couldn’t do under pressure then a further case study. I was slow in the case study so asked to leave but the interviewers criticism was all constructive so it wasn’t a bad experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

If they like your CV you'll be sent a quick 30 minute test with GMAT style questions, if you pass that then you go to London to have a 3-hour interview, split into 3 case studies with 3 different people. The case studies are fun and a good opportunity for you to both demonstrate your problem solving abilities and see if you would actually enjoy the job. This is also a good opportunity to ask lots of questions about the job and the environment. Then you'll either get an offer or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

The process consisted of three different interviews back to back with a different interviewer each time. Each interview lasted about an hour, and focused on testing your abilities in different parts of the business.

Interview Questions

• There were a few questions about me, but the bulk of the interview was testing your intuition for the different business aspects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

Online test, followed by in person interview with a number of prospective teams. They would generally explain what sort of work they do, then would ask you how you would approach a problem in the context of their day to day work.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach *some technical, but basic problem*   Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was initally contacted by a recruiter about the job, then was required to do some aptitude tests and then invited to an interview. You have separate interviews for the different teams and they each give you a different task. They also ask you some of the aptitude questions you may have got wrong/right during the interview. They just want to see how you work through them.

Interview Questions

• For the different teams they each provided you with a case study and some questions on it.   Answer Question

Graduate IT Desktop Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acturis (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Step 1: You will receive an email asking you to complete an online GMAT test, testing your mathematical skills, logical thinking and data analysing skills. After success in completing the online test, you will be asked to attend an interview in London because of all the senior managers are based in London. I like how Acturis has improved since the last review I read on Glassdoor, where previously candidates stated that they have to go to London to do the GMAT test if fail the interview will terminate immediately and they will be sent home, plus they won't cover your travelling cost. But now it has all CHANGED. You will be informed in an email before you attend the interview in London that they will kindly reimburse your travel cost.

Step 2: On the interview day, you will be interviewed by 3 to 4 people within 2 to 3 hours, spending individually prox. 40 mins to 1 hour. You will be given at least 4 real job scenarios testing your reaction & response under the presurised situation.
    Perhaps you will be given another chance to answer some of the GMAT questions you previously answered wrong.
    Lastly, you might be given some coding questions in C# to test your ability in computerised programming.

To summarise, be yourself! The interviewers and staff are extremely helpful, patient, kind and smart. So don't exaggerate or lie.

Looking forward to my second interview tomorrow, wish me luck. :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Acturis.

Interview

Firstly you had to take an online GMAT style exam. If you passed this then you are invited to interview.

The interview process consisted of 3 consecutive case studies with different members of the Acturis team. This included looking at an example database and XML code.

All three interviewers were encouraging and the experience was very pleasant. The Birmingham offices were spacious and bright, and the receptionist very welcoming!

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruitment agency. Had to do a 30 minute online test comprising of 20 questions; 11 problem solving, 6 data sufficiency and 3 critical reasoning. Questions weren't that hard but took some time to work out therefore it's a good idea to do practice question and work on time management.